Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

referred agression

+4
Amelia66
Sparky
Zo
fiver
8 posters

Go down

referred agression Empty referred agression

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:35 pm

I have move Bo down into the living room - I have no choice as it is the only place with enough room for her large dog crate. Bruce and Flo are quite unsettled (which I knew they would be). I have found it reasonalby amusing that Bruce and Flo have taken to chasing each other like mad. Flo has certainly show real signs of wanting to generally kill Bo which is slightly worrying seeing as (big reveal follow through on hint from a week or so ago) I had a home check from the RSPCA today to approve me for a doe to join Bruce and Flo. I am taking this as an opportunity to get a lot of this annoyance out of their system before they go dating - which won't be until Bo has gone to her new home.

Back to top Go down

referred agression Empty Re: referred agression

Post by fiver Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:41 pm

i got this with daisy to flopsy but they fell out so bad that poor flopsy was screaming as daisy pinned her and was biting her so i had to seperate them and even now if they see each other they will have a boxing match and a scrap even through bars No
i did try to re-introduce them slowly you know mutal terms etc but flopsy now will not entertain daisy whatsoever. Rolling Eyes
i hope the same don't happen between bruce and flo x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:53 pm

I am not too worried Rob as this chasing is only slightly more aggressive than when they chase each other around the garden. And I hope they will lessen each day Bo is here. The bun I have seen for a to potentially join Bruce and Flo is very friendly and most importantly bigger than Flo. Actually I am quite pleased that her reaction has not been more extreme. And when Bruce and Flo go to meet Murtle it will be after a car journey and in a strange place. And I have not mentioned having met Murtle before because I am really doubtful about how well it will go.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Murtle is beautiful, didn't fancy another Bruce then? Laughing
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I so did, he is just stunning, but I have been looking at Murtleonline for months wondering why no one had taken her home.

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:00 pm

aww i'm so glad bruce and flo are only chasing it was horrible to see how daisy went for flopsy and how it turned out but they wern't together as long as bruce and flo. Thumbs Up
i just looked at murtle she is super cute Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:20 pm

Our lot get some referred aggression when they see each other - we have to cover Taffy and Reggie's hutch when anybun else is out in the driveway, as nosey buns go and stick their noses right up to the mesh which is plain rude No

Apart from that, there is sometimes a bit of chasing when the quad see buns outside of their run, but they soon decide they can't really be bothered Laughing

Mummy Foster Bun was out yesterday, and Humum was expecting the quad to kick off about a completely strange bun but oddly enough they just seemed intrigued by her.

I'm quite excited about you (possibly) bringing Murtle into the household, Cheryl - she is a lovely looking girl Very Happy I hope her encounter with Bruce 'n' Flo goes well Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Bruce and Flo have both been responsible for the chasing. Cunningly I havn't plucked their moult since I knew Bo was coming so that they would have coat that would be easy to come out in these circumstances. Flo is so noisey that it all sounds much worse than it actually is. I am uploading a vid of Bo and you will see Flo lurking in the background in their room looking to pounce. Bruce is just excited bless him!

Mutle's pic just doesn't do her justice. She is stunning and really friendly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:03 pm

aww she looks gorgeous! i hope all does go well with them and you can add murtle to them relatively easily.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Murtle is just stunning - I hope the bond does go well between the three of them.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:17 pm

I had no idea! I really hope it works out for them all - she is beautiful!

Now then Flo and Bruce - play nice!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:27 am

[b]We got it with Jazz attacking fizz when we put Rosie and Jim in the runn next to them I put up a wooden screen so as they couldnt see each other which seemed to stop it happening I have since removed the screen and they are fine now allthough I often wonder what would happen if I was to take away the mesh divider and let them all run together however I just think that would be a disaster Sad
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:59 pm

I am not at all worried about them at the moment really for a couple of reasons.

1. Bruce isn't worried at all. Bruce is definitely dominant bun and so if he isn't worried then neither am I.

2. this is a unspayed female bun and I have plonked her in Bruce and Flo's territory. I would have been bonkers not to have expected some of this behaviour.

3. I am understanding what is going on. Flo is anxious. Flo works herself up then has a go at Bruce. She may manage to fur pull but that is all. Bruce then chases her like mad which is the bun equivalent of saying 'calm down you stupid woman!' however I suspect he it is also saying 'let's have sex it will sort everything out!' Laughing

4. Bo is very chilled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:17 pm

I have put a blanket over the dividing panels and Flo has completely stopped the behaviour. She is looking a bit confused like 'I know I came here to do something' but all the chipping and charging has stopped. She is so funny. Apparently the old addage 'if I can't see you you do not exist' is working quite well!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:46 pm

It's a magic blanket. We have some of them Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Laughing Laughing at Flo and her 'not seeing it'. My dad had an auntie who disapproved of TV and would turn her back on it! Obviously the same thing. Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down