Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May I have some advice please?

4 posters

Go down

May I have some advice please? Empty May I have some advice please?

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello friends

I wondered if I may have a little advice please. I know I am being a fussy old hen but I just waned to run this past you.

It has been a very long time since I have ha a baby baby bunny and as you know I have my lovely Binky now. He can eat for England, don't misunderstand me I think it is great as it is a sign of good health; I really just wanted to know if it was normal.

Also I have conflicting opinions as to whether bunnies become more loving after a neuter or not. Every book seems to say so and yet I had bun who was really rather frosty with me once he had been done.

May I have some help here please too? I just want to hear what my friends who have experienced a bunny before and after have to say.

Many thanks for your kind help
Wave
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

May I have some advice please? Empty Re: May I have some advice please?

Post by Guest Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm

With Bruce I think he became more appropriately friendly after neutering. As you know neutering allowed Flo to accept Bruce - but it made no difference to her thoughts about me! But I think she is an exception.

As you know I have Bo with me at the moment. She certainly can eat as well. I am now trying to convince her to eat mostly hay rather than pig out on nuggets. But I am worried the ings crop will not be in in time to keep up with her nomming! Laughing Bear in mind binky will be growing fast at the moment so will need plenty of fuel for that growth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

There is no doubt about it for me that Ted calmed down after his de-plumming. Of course, if you saw how highly strung and mental he still is, you wouldn't believe that he could be any more so! The second thing that calmed him was being bonded with Toffee.

Neutering was definitely a good move with my lad, I can stroke him now! Before neutering he would barely allow me to touch him.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:37 pm

Tilly eats for Englansd and she goes mental for her alfalfa hay, ripping the bag out of my hands and shaking it Laughing

Tbh I didn't really notice any difference in temperment after neutering Boo and Vince. I think it was time and love that chilled them out, but I expect the girls would say they prefered less 'loving' from their boys once the hormones had died down Wink
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Thank you so much my friends for these kind replys, it is nice to hear of other friends' expreinces.

He is such a pleasure to feed and now I know it is normal, I will enjoy watching him. I now what you say about the hay Cheryl, we are making sure he eats a lot if it and ony put his biccies down for a short time. He is greedy with his hay too LOL!!

I will keep you updated and thank you so much for your time.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:32 pm

mine havent changed since been done,snowflake is just as grumpy and spike will tolerate a quick stroke but thats it
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:49 pm

Thank you Fallen Angel love. It is so nice of you to give me accounts of what your bunnies have been like after neutering. I will just have to wait and see.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down