Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bo has gone to her forever home

+3
Tuckerbunnies
fiver
Sparky
7 posters

Go down

Bo has gone to her forever home Empty Bo has gone to her forever home

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:54 pm

I have said goodbye to Bo this evening. So the big secret was that she was a 40th birthday present bought for a work colleague by other colleagues. He really loves rabbits but hasn't had one recently. I wasn't really very happy about the plan but I quickly realised that there was nothing that I could do to prevent this happening. So I decided to make sure it was done right. Unfortunately this does not extend to her origins. She came from a home breeder who was apparently keeping her and her 3 siblings and large mum in an indoor cage together - hence the bald patches she came to me with. Bo was delivered to me as I said I would look after her for a week - the person organising it all was going away for a week so needed to organise the purchase early. I told them we had to provide everything for the bun so we bought a second hand large dog crate for a home base and bowls and food and hay and I donated an old carry crate. I also added in a load of rwaf leaflets just in case extra pointers were needed. And I took her in this evening to work to be handed over. The birthday boy was quite shocked but quite pleased I think. He was also surprised I think by the deviousness of the organiser who had checked out the situation with his letting agent to ensure it would be ok for him to have a rabbit. We had a bit of a spread with nibbles, and bomb proof Bo just sat there in the corner happily munching away on her hay looking at all the people coping with all the attention really well. I think once he gets over the shock he will provide her with a good home and absolutely adore her.

She will be a big girl I think, she put on about 250g in the week she was with me.

Back to top Go down

Bo has gone to her forever home Empty Re: Bo has gone to her forever home

Post by Sparky Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:17 pm

I agree that giving a pet as a surprise present is a pretty bad idea. Maybe there's a reason he's not had a rabbit for a while. It is good that people have gone about it so thoroughly... well, apart from the bun herself. But you can tell she is just going to thrive in a loving home.

I think it's great that she has got to spend a week with you, so you have been able to make sure she is in good health and on the right food and goes to her new owner with all the right equipment and advice, and hopefully the knowledge that you will be there if further help is needed.

She is a stunning girl and I hope she brings him years of happiness, and he her Love Love Love Love

I bet you'll miss her. I also bet Flo is chuffed to bits Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Flo seems very happy indeed. And Bruce has been all around that end of the room chinning everything like mad. 'not Bo's, mine!'

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:44 pm

aww i will miss seing her piccies Love Love Love Love
i agree it's not a good idea to giva a pet as a suprise but am glad it was you who done tje delivery etc. and made sure it could be as right as possible and it sounds as though she will be looked after and happy,had it been people at work arranged it all without you doing all what you did i'm sure it would have had an awful outcome for bo but it's turned out well you should be proud that you done all this for bo x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:29 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Flo seems very happy indeed. And Bruce has been all around that end of the room chinning everything like mad. 'not Bo's, mine!'
Bruce is far more civilised than Layla. Since Poppy has been coming into the kitchen occasionally to check on the fridge / noms status (when the lounge door is firmly shut), whenever Layla gets back in there she feels the need to poo around the perimeter No No No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:42 am

Bo was gorgeous I hope the new owner will email photos to you for us to see Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

I am sure she will be fine love, are you going to keep in touch?

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm sure your lot is pleased as punch that she is gone! Laughing I can see Bruce chinning everything again. The little monkey!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Always a dodge thing to do to buy someone a pet as a surprise. Thank goodness you were able to influence things from Bo's perspective. She is a real cutie and should hopefully make a fabulous companion.

Lol at Flo and Bruce! Laughing Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:45 pm

Awwww bless her - I'm glad that you have been able to make sure everything is perfick for her . I bet you will miss her, even if the little guys won't!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down