Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rain!!!!

+7
jolovesbunnies
Rachel&Nibbler
Sixer
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
fall3n-ang3l
Vince the bunny
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The rain!!!! Empty The rain!!!!

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:43 am

Oh my word, it hasn't half rained here in Bristol! It's chaos on the roads, floods, stranded lorries and cars, burst streams.......

I was supposed to be taking the foster carer to the vets as her own bunny has dental spurs and has almost stopped eating, but I jsut couldn't get her there Sad

Tilly's avairy has flooded Crying or Very sad The rain ran off the outside wall of the house and splashed into the only uncoverd side of the avairy. Normally it is fine and I leave one side uncovered to aid ventilation, but the floor is wet, her hay is wet, her litter box and carpets are wet and her bed was wet from her wet feet.

Needless to say, Tilly is now stretched out in the back room in the indoor pen, nice and dry with fresh hay. She looks quite happy with herself and did some binkies!

I need to move fast now and sort her avairy out. I'm tempeted to hardboard the back and one of the sides so it is part shed/part avairy but I need it to be dry to do that and we have more rain forcast yet I want Tilly to be outside so she grows her winter coat (she still has that downy baby fur at the moment).

Anyone else having problems with the weather?
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

The rain!!!! Empty Re: The rain!!!!

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:19 pm

yes and yes but iam glad it didnt happen yesterday as its bunnies and piggie cleaning day,just dont the second school run and iam soaked,got one more to do Sad
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:05 pm

We have really bad rain here and we have been given flood warnings. There is suppose to be a month's downpour of rain today and Mike has just come back from the shops and said the roads are terrible due to flooding Sad

Hope everyone is ok and drive slowly in this bad weather Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 pm

the forecast this morning suggested torrential rain and heavy winds No
looks bad all week Rolling Eyes

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 pm

Tis bucketing down in Horwich. All the buns are fed up and I got drenched cleaning them out this morning. I am struggling to find a good reason for living in this country at the moment.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Sixer wrote: I am struggling to find a good reason for living in this country at the moment.

'Fish & Chips' and a decent cup of tea Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I got absolutely soaked today walking about 10 ft from the front door to the car. Starting to wonder when our neighbours will be bringing in their washing which has been on the line for the last week so been rained on mulitple times!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Last night it was horrendous here too love, today it is breezy with a bit of blue sky. However I think it is only kidding, more rain is on its way.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Our garden is now flooding it's really bad here, rained all night and day and it's very heavy Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:32 pm

it has stopped here and have sun out with a lovely sky now scratch how odd

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:41 pm

fiver wrote:it has stopped here and have sun out with a lovely sky now scratch how odd

We have flood alerts here and the news for our area is heavy rain all night again Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
fiver wrote:it has stopped here and have sun out with a lovely sky now scratch how odd

We have flood alerts here and the news for our area is heavy rain all night again Sad
oh no Shocked
you always get it bad over your way hope everything turns out ok x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:58 pm

It's not been too bad this way, it has rained non-stop but not heavy enough to flood.... yet. The hu-parents are glad the hutches got weatherproofed at the weekend, and Poppy now has a bit of extra temporary weatherproofing to stop the rain driving in.

It's just grey and miserable and yuck though Sad
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:05 pm

we've had flood warnings too,i got soaked doing the 3 school runs,its slowed down a little but it hasnt stopped raining all day
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:09 am

It's now 1:02 am and it's rained heavy non stop since Sunday night our back garden is just absolutely drenched and squelches underfoot. I ran down the driveway to put the food out for the feral cat and hedgehog and slipped on a slug ( didn't hurt myself but the slug wasn't happy) pale it was like the night of the slugs they were everywhere Hmmm big long ones , fat short ones and they all looked as if they were heading for the kitchen door , I was glad to get back in to the house Suspect

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:04 am

The rain was a day later than forecast here, but its wreaked havvock. Someone left the shed door open and all my nice hay is soggy Hissy

More importantly though, i spent an hour and a half in Hughies playhouse this morning trying to clean up and get it all dry. Everything was soaked, but i have no idea where teh water has come from. Not through the door or window, the roof is dry, the walls are dry, no water marks anywhere, im so confused. I have locked the catflap completely today just incase the wind had been blowing it open, but, even if it had, i cant imagine it making everything that wet. scratch Hoping to work out where its coming from, or im going to have to do some internet shopping and have a shuffle around of bunnies. Was hoping to leave it until November to bring Marley and Dolly in, but if i cant work out where the water is getting in to Hughies playhouse, then i cant leave him in there.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:03 am

marleyNfriends wrote:The rain was a day later than forecast here, but its wreaked havvock. Someone left the shed door open and all my nice hay is soggy Hissy

More importantly though, i spent an hour and a half in Hughies playhouse this morning trying to clean up and get it all dry. Everything was soaked, but i have no idea where teh water has come from. Not through the door or window, the roof is dry, the walls are dry, no water marks anywhere, im so confused. I have locked the catflap completely today just incase the wind had been blowing it open, but, even if it had, i cant imagine it making everything that wet. scratch Hoping to work out where its coming from, or im going to have to do some internet shopping and have a shuffle around of bunnies. Was hoping to leave it until November to bring Marley and Dolly in, but if i cant work out where the water is getting in to Hughies playhouse, then i cant leave him in there.

Mike said it was very windy last night and the wind could have blown the rain through the cat flap and through the door frame as the water could be running down the front of the shed and getting in that way .

It's still raining here and has not stopped now since Sunday the grass is well flooded and now we have the worry of the rabbit runs rotting so we are going to have to move them which isn't easy as they are huge. We had to get up in the night as there was foot stamping coming from the boarding shed and we knew who it was as it was so loud we knew it was big feet and it was poor 'Snickers' the huge French lop he could hear the rain on the boarding shed roof and it scared him, so Mike gave him a cuddle and some extra hay with a couple of treats thrown in ( 1 treat is no good for such a huge bunny like Snickers) and reassured him he was safe, poor boy he may be a big bunny but he is a big softie Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:07 am

its started raining again about an hour ago,just in time for the school run Hissy
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:14 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:The rain was a day later than forecast here, but its wreaked havvock. Someone left the shed door open and all my nice hay is soggy Hissy

Mike said it was very windy last night and the wind could have blown the rain through the cat flap and through the door frame as the water could be running down the front of the shed and getting in that way .

It's still raining here and has not stopped now since Sunday the grass is well flooded and now we have the worry of the rabbit runs rotting so we are going to have to move them which isn't easy as they are huge. We had to get up in the night as there was foot stamping coming from the boarding shed and we knew who it was as it was so loud we knew it was big feet and it was poor 'Snickers' the huge French lop he could hear the rain on the boarding shed roof and it scared him, so Mike gave him a cuddle and some extra hay with a couple of treats thrown in ( 1 treat is no good for such a huge bunny like Snickers) and reassured him he was safe, poor boy he may be a big bunny but he is a big softie Smile

The front has a big overhang which keeps the areas where water would usually run down dry. I think its come through the catflap. Im going to see if it happens again tonight now that ive locked it properly. My friend had a go at me yesterday because i said id be bringing Marley and Dolly in for winter and moving Hughie into their playhouse so he has more space. He said it wasnt fair that i left Hughie outside because he is on his own, which i fully understand, but if i bring him in, and he gets rehomed, he wont be able to go out until March/April, which isnt convenient for some people and might put them off. Then his argument was that they should all stay outside then, but if i bring M&D in, Hughie will benefit from more space and a warmer playhouse. Hes made me feel really guilty, but M&D have been coming in for a few years now.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:24 am

Ignore your friend Sophia they are your rabbits and you know what is best for them not your friend and you should certainly not feel guilty. Lots of people have bunnies out in the Summer and take them in in the Winter. I can understand why you are leaving him outside that makes good sence to me.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:21 pm

i agree with maysie,
don't take any notice of your friend

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:10 pm

Still raining here and we have floods everywhere. Mike has just spent ages in a traffic jam as there has been a bad accident and he was on his way to the tip he eventually got to the tip and it's closed due to flooding he then went to where we get our rabbit food and treats from as he want's a heavy dish for Snickers water as he keeps throwing it and soaking his mat...and that place is closed due to flooding as well. It's not good at all.

Our back garden is now like a bog you need wellington boots on to get to the boarding shed and there look's to be rain all week Sad

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news_all/9947336.Floods_cause_widespread_disruption_across_region/

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:16 pm

The rain was terrible here yesterday but it's far dryer today Thumbs Up

Sounds really bad up your end Maysie No

Bless Snickers Love

Sophia, don't listen to your friend! There is nothing wrong with what you're doing. Marley and Dolly are your bunnies, and Hughie is a foster. If bringing him in hinders his chance of getting rehomed sooner, then that is not doing him any favours either.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Still raining here and we have floods everywhere. Mike has just spent ages in a traffic jam as there has been a bad accident and he was on his way to the tip he eventually got to the tip and it's closed due to flooding he then went to where we get our rabbit food and treats from as he want's a heavy dish for Snickers water as he keeps throwing it and soaking his mat...and that place is closed due to flooding as well. It's not good at all.

Our back garden is now like a bog you need wellington boots on to get to the boarding shed and there look's to be rain all week Sad

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news_all/9947336.Floods_cause_widespread_disruption_across_region/

Shocked
Is the shed at risk of flooding Maysie?
It hasnt stopped here all day, i havent been out as im not well today but there have been roads closed. Thankfully our garden doesnt really flood. The wind blew my straw all over the place when i was cleaning them out this morning, so it looks like a stable yard Laughing Im going to go and see if Hughie is still dry soon. If he is, it was deffinitley the catflap that let the water in. I might get a video/pictures. He hasnt made an appearance for a few weeks. Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:15 pm

It's drizzled non-stop here, Humum said the little river she comes past on the way home from work is *really* high, but no flooding yet....

marleyNfriends wrote: I might get a video/pictures. He hasnt made an appearance for a few weeks. Smile
Huuuuughiiiiiie Love Love Love Love

I agree with the others, Sophia - what gives someone else the right to decide how you ought to look after your buns? No No No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next