Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-)

+6
Rachel&Nibbler
Sixer
fiver
Amelia66
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
10 posters

Go down

We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-) Empty We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-)

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm

Mike went out in the front garden to put Henrietta's food out as she was under the bush waiting and then he spotted a tiny hedgehog in the feral cat dish eating the food and we think it's Henriettas hoglet Very Happy
We have noticed a big male coming with her on odd occasions but today there is a very tiny hedgehog with her. Awww!

Henrietta under the bush waiting for her tea
We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-) Henrietta

We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-) Henrietta2

And the little hedgehog in the cat dish we think is Henriettas hoglet
We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-) Photo

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-) Empty Re: We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-)

Post by KatieB Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Awwwww thats soooooo lovely!

Congratulations Henrietta!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-) Empty Re: We think Henrietta our hedgehog has a baby:-)

Post by Amelia66 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 pm

aww i love hedgehogs they are sooo cute Love
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:09 am

aww henrieta has a baby and its sooo cute Love Love Love Love
more mowfs to feed maysie Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:16 am

Was going to go aw - then I spotted the slug. I have a bit of a phobia about them. There was a huge pale one in Gabe and Spring's wendy house the other night. Talk about hysterical pale Embarassed Can you air brush it out Laughing

Seriously though, how sweet. I know very little about hedgehogs, how many babies do they generally have? They eat slugs don't they too?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:23 am

Sixer wrote:Was going to go aw - then I spotted the slug. I have a bit of a phobia about them. There was a huge pale one in Gabe and Spring's wendy house the other night. Talk about hysterical pale Embarassed Can you air brush it out Laughing

Seriously though, how sweet. I know very little about hedgehogs, how many babies do they generally have? They eat slugs don't they too?

Don't worry although it does look like a slug it's actually a hedgehog poop Laughing

Hedgehogs usually have about 3-4 babies but sometimes the male will kill them, maybe Henrietta had more babies and they are about the garden somewhere and we just saw this one as it was helping itself to the cat food Smile

Yes they eat slugs and snails and insects.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:
Don't worry although it does look like a slug it's actually a hedgehog poop Laughing

Praises be - I can have a proper look now Laughing

Anything resembling a slug freaks me out. When my daughter as a toddler appeared at the back door (in the height of summer!) with something black draped over her hand I nearly passed out. It turned out to be a melted wax crayon Embarassed

Prior to that I had to ask the postman in once to remove a slug that had got in whilst the kitchen was being extended Embarassed Embarassed
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Awww so cute Smile

Sixer wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:

Praises be - I can have a proper look now Laughing

Anything resembling a slug freaks me out. When my daughter as a toddler appeared at the back door (in the height of summer!) with something black draped over her hand I nearly passed out. It turned out to be a melted wax crayon Embarassed

Prior to that I had to ask the postman in once to remove a slug that had got in whilst the kitchen was being extended Embarassed Embarassed

I shouldn't laugh as you should see what I turn in to when a moth or daddy long legs comes near me but... Laughing Razz
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Aww!! How cute!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:21 pm

Very cute Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ShazzaBunny Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:14 am

Thats really amamzing, she must feel very at home with you to have a baby in your garden Love

ShazzaBunny
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2012-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:18 am

That is lovely to see. Love Love

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum