Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE

+5
fiver
Sixer
FluffSlave
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
9 posters

Go down

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE Empty The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:36 pm

We have had a very busy few months with the boarding and sick bunnies and bondings have had to wait until we have had more time and so today we have been in the process of bonding Roly with Linnet. Roly if you remember was with Enya who we lost a couple of months ago and Linnet is one of Skylark's two Daughters.

We have got them in a small pen in the hallway where we do our bondings and so far apart from Roly doing a lot of foot stamping and not getting out of the litter tray for fear she should get in it , it's not going so bad Smile

Fingers crossed Smile

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly001

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly002

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly003

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly004

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly005

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly006

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly008

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly009

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly011

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly012

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly013

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly014

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly015

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly016

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE LinnetRoly017

Last edited by Tuckerbunnies on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE Empty Re: The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE

Post by Sparky Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:17 pm

Linnet obviously wants to be friends Smile Roly just looks grumpy Laughing

I was in stitches at the fact that when a second litter tray appeared, Roly didn't know quite what to do with himself so vacated them both ROFL

I hope it goes well - they'll make such a lovely couple Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE Empty Re: The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:34 pm

They are going to make a lovely little couple Love

Fingers crossed and sending vibes for a successful bonding! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Fingers crossed that all goes well, they will make a very pretty couple Love

I'm loving Roly guarding his litter tray - I can just hear him whistling 'I will not be moved' until the second tray appeared and he gave up!
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:52 pm

awww Love Love Love Love Love Love Love
what a cute couple

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 pm

He did look a little annoyed that he may have to share his litter tray Laughing I liked the way he left both of them when the second appreared Laughing
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:39 pm

Ha ha ha this has cracked me up! He wants neither tray now there are two!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 pm

ROFL I love the sequence of photos. Keeping my fingers crossed for you Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE Empty update Friday Day 2.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Well as you can see it's day 2 of bonding Linnet with Roly and Roly still won't get out of the litter tray Laughing We put another in so that Linnet can have a wee when she needs to as Roly Monster won't let her use his No

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE 19-10-12010

He's not even getting out of his tray for breakfast

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE 19-10-12007

Happy little soul isn't he! Laughing

The Bonding of Linnet & Roly ( Photo heavy) UPDATE 19-10-12009

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:20 pm

Oh dear - I am trying not to laugh Laughing The stubborn little so and so Laughing The word cussedness springs to mind. Look at his grumpy little face!

Apart from the guarding of the litter tray is it going well?
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Sixer wrote:Oh dear - I am trying not to laugh Laughing The stubborn little so and so Laughing The word cussedness springs to mind. Look at his grumpy little face!

Apart from the guarding of the litter tray is it going well?

Well they are just sitting in opposite corners in the bonding pen at the moment, Linnet has tried to wash his face but Roly just jumps and so then Linnet runs off. We cleaned out all their pen in their room and made it one big pen and just put them in it last night and Roly went and sat in his indoor cage stamping his feet and then Linnet jumped in and he stamped louder but there has been no nastiness.
I have a funny feeling that Roly may not bond with another bunny as he loved Enya so much, he is a strange little bunny and we may have to try Linnet with maybe Simon as they are both young, we don't really know how old Roly is but I think he is getting on.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:22 pm

Sounds like early days but sounds promising Maysie :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 pm

I think Roly might just be one of those fellas who takes a while to come round to an idea, but once he does it's fixed. If there's been no nastiness and he didn't mind her getting into the same cage I'd keep on with the two of them.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Sparky wrote:I think Roly might just be one of those fellas who takes a while to come round to an idea, but once he does it's fixed. If there's been no nastiness and he didn't mind her getting into the same cage I'd keep on with the two of them.

I just worry Sparky that he is old and quiet and just sit's around and Linnet is young and full of it, do you think she may be to much for him scratch

He's sat in the corner of his pen now and she is in the pen next to him and looking at him but he doesn't go near her Sad but we will keep trying Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:03 pm

You expect nethies to live to a good age so maybe if you think there is a big age difference maybe it would be better to opt for a younger bun. You still have the 2 male McNethies haven't you that might take to Linnet. I know you wanted all 3 McNethies to go together but it is more likely to be sucessful if you just have one male with a female. Or maybe you let linnet wander in the bun shed and take her pick. Maybe this could be the girl to melt Barry's heart! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I just worry Sparky that he is old and quiet and just sit's around and Linnet is young and full of it, do you think she may be to much for him scratch
Ah, in that case maybe they are not best suited. Do you have a quieter girl that Roly might like better?

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:McNethies
ROFL ROFL ROFL

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Maybe this could be the girl to melt Barry's heart! Laughing
I would love to see Barry fall in love with a nethie Love Very Happy
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:47 am

I know you wanted Roly to be bonded again since he was such a devoted partner before, but since linnet is young perhaps young bun would be best so she doesn't have to have the grief of loosing a partner sooner than later.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:27 am

Now tonight they have been sat side by side each other with a divide between them. Mike think's they will bond he said Roly took ages to bond with Enya so we shall see.

I don't know about Barry and Linnet he's a big bun that's why we were going to bond him with Ruby as she was a big bunny to Sad

McNethies...love it! Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down