Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proof that buns are clever

+4
Sparky
FluffSlave
fiver
Rachel&Nibbler
8 posters

Go down

Proof that buns are clever Empty Proof that buns are clever

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:49 pm

A little while ago, I had a problem with Nibbler escaping out of his pen either by opening the door, pulling up the panels and squeezing out underneath, or leaping out after jumping on his box. I tried to stop each attempt at escape, and my latest attempt at stopping him escaping was to cover half of his pen with the pen cover, so he wouldn't be able to go on to his box then hop out on to the sofa next to it as I didn't want to take away his box as he loves playing with it. As far as I understood when I did this a good month or so ago, it stopped him escaping.

Last weekend I went out, the first outing since moving in to this new flat. I came home and turned the light on to be greeted by something hurridly rushing across the floor as if they'd been startled. A second later Nibbler realises it's me and hops out from under the coffee table to say hello! I put a treat in his hutch to encourage him back in and he wouldn't jump back in. He just sat at his door nibbling on it to get in. So I let him in and sit down to have a glass of water before going bed. I see him jump on to his box after eating his treat, ready to jump out when he spots me... he jumps back down and starts nibbling at his bars again for me to let him out! I have no idea how long he's been doing it Suspect a couple of weeks ago it looked as though he was making some redevlopments to the cover but I didn't think he'd actually done anything, so for god knows how long he's been jumping out when we've gone to bed and jumping back home before we get up! Laughing He still to this day refuses to show me how he gets in and out, although I'm very sure I know how he's actually doing it.

What a clever boy Laughing
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Proof that buns are clever Empty Re: Proof that buns are clever

Post by fiver Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:53 pm

they outsmart us every time don't they Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
what a clever boy he is Love Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Oh Nibbler, Willow would be proud Wink

When she was in my room and my bed was blocked off by the pen she always used to get over it no matter what I did. But she was always careful not to show me HOW she was doing it, although she didn't care enough to put herself back the right side of it before I came in. She could have learned a thing or two from your Nibbler Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Our Poirot went missing one night. When the hu-parents went looking for her, they found out that she had been escaping and roaming the estate for at least a couple of weeks but always returning before Humum got home. She had only not come back that night because someone had caught her and confined her No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm impressed Nibbler Laughing
They always outsmart us and frequently like to wind us up (or at least my two do!)

Sparky wrote:Our Poirot went missing one night. When the hu-parents went looking for her, they found out that she had been escaping and roaming the estate for at least a couple of weeks but always returning before Humum got home. She had only not come back that night because someone had caught her and confined her No
Maybe Poirot had a street crew Hmmm
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:49 pm

Gabriel is sending his congratulations to Nibbler on a job well done Thumbs Up Laughing

As for Poirot Shocked The little minx Rolling Eyes
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Sparky wrote:Our Poirot went missing one night. When the hu-parents went looking for her, they found out that she had been escaping and roaming the estate for at least a couple of weeks but always returning before Humum got home. She had only not come back that night because someone had caught her and confined her No

Shocked Shocked Poirot! That is just shocking, I'm pleased Nibbler's not managed to get outside if he's following Poirot's lead!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Buns are just so amazing arnt they! They never fail to amaze with how clever they are.

Naughty nibbler.....even naughtier Poirot!!!

Charlie sends his congratulations to you both x x

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Nibbler, you are a very talented and smart boy! Considerate too asking your Mommy to let you back in even though you can do it yourself just so they will feel needed.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: