Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aquamax

3 posters

Go down

Aquamax  Empty Aquamax

Post by dizzylynn Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone has used aquamax for litter in the bunnies trays, normally I use pets @ home wood pellats but I was in the farm shop getting hay bails, they stock EVERYTHING alot cheaper than pets at home, the litter is only £6 a 30ltr bag pets at home £10, they also stock the good burgus bunny food under £10 pets at home want about 17, so now I'm going there for everything save a fortune. The litter i got today was £11 its the supreme quility lady at check out wasnt sure of the safety of the aqaumax so didnt want to say it was ok. Its horse bedding but its exactly the same as the wood litter but much cheaper.

http://www.equilogical.co.uk/aquamax_bedding.cfm
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Aquamax  Empty Re: Aquamax

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:49 am

I've just had a look at it and it says its made from pine and I know pine shavings aren't recommended for bunnies, so I would say no.... But I'm really not sure confused

Didn't want to read and run!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 am

It is dust free so it is unlikely to cause a problem. I would say that is should be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:56 pm

Yeah says that its dust free to prevent breathing problems. A member on rwa on f/book says nope can cause impaction, but its for them o widdle in, not seen them eating it. I use pets at home brand at mo, but would save running about getting it all in 1 place.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:01 pm

I'm jealous that you've found a decent place to buy this sort of stuff. I've been trying to find somewhere to buy megazorb and good hay but I'm having no joy!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:18 pm

Is there no farm shops near you, I was going direct to local farm but their hard to catch in. Its same price in farm shop so getting it from there along with the bulk bag of shavings for the piggies for £7.50 its lasted nearly 2 months already & hardly put a dent in it. My friend & niece are now getting hay & straw from me weekly, for £4 a month for hay & £1 for straw, helps keep the bails fresher so not sitting to long in container, and saves then some money, the tiny bags f timothy hay last 2 days if your lucky, my lot & nieces piggies LOVE the farm stuff, even charlie is eating it now before he would hardly touch the shop stuff, 1 bail lasts my 4, my piggies and supplying theirs a month so works out there £4 covers my petrol and most of hay supply. They stock the high quality burgus bunny food for about £8 cheaper then pets&h so if its saving money for the better stuff then am deffo going there now. Will need to do a gradual change tho to the burgus off the p@h nuggets. Going to try get the dog food there too, see what its saving me. I bought the supreme cat litter it was £2 dearer than usual stuff but saved lugging big bag from shop to car, lass said look into the other stuff 1st as she was unsure with it being for horses.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:36 pm

Have you tried Harbro? I think they have country stores in your area of scotlan and megazorb's makers think that they stock it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 pm

dizzylynn wrote:Is there no farm shops near you, I was going direct to local farm but their hard to catch in. Its same price in farm shop so getting it from there along with the bulk bag of shavings for the piggies for £7.50 its lasted nearly 2 months already & hardly put a dent in it. My friend & niece are now getting hay & straw from me weekly, for £4 a month for hay & £1 for straw, helps keep the bails fresher so not sitting to long in container, and saves then some money, the tiny bags f timothy hay last 2 days if your lucky, my lot & nieces piggies LOVE the farm stuff, even charlie is eating it now before he would hardly touch the shop stuff, 1 bail lasts my 4, my piggies and supplying theirs a month so works out there £4 covers my petrol and most of hay supply. They stock the high quality burgus bunny food for about £8 cheaper then pets&h so if its saving money for the better stuff then am deffo going there now. Will need to do a gradual change tho to the burgus off the p@h nuggets. Going to try get the dog food there too, see what its saving me. I bought the supreme cat litter it was £2 dearer than usual stuff but saved lugging big bag from shop to car, lass said look into the other stuff 1st as she was unsure with it being for horses.
I can't find one No

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:Have you tried Harbro? I think they have country stores in your area of scotlan and megazorb's makers think that they stock it.
I will look into this. Thanks Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:59 am

What a fab price! I am also insanely jealous that you have found somewhere like this I have to go different places for everything.

The only 'farm shops' we have here in norfolk/suffolk are the ones that farm produce like meat.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: