Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can you believe

5 posters

Go down

can you believe Empty can you believe

Post by fiver Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm

went to pet shop for some supplies and one girl told me they have a rescue the poor boy is 7 years old he was brought back to them by the owner who bought him there about 3 years ago and he was not very well looked after i said that they will not re home him easily at that age as insurers won't touch him and she said he has small spurs on back teeth but not bothering him but if they do find someone willing they would cover vet bills Shocked
i was stunned at first but said his teeth should be done as they will stress him later on i left there thinking well at least they are trying their best by offering up vet bills i was tempted but i know it would seriously affect my mob so declined Sad

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

can you believe Empty Re: can you believe

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

That's awful No

I was in P@H once and there was a bunny in the adoption bit that was 10 years old Sad It was a tiny little thing and he was moving hay from from one end of the pen to the other, he looked completely lost. I actually had tears streaming down my face Crying or Very sad Embarassed Thumper was an old lady by this point and I just couldn't comprehend how someone could just get rid of their elderly pet that they'd presumably had for a long time Crying or Very sad I don't like seeing buns without a home at any time, but it particularly upset me because of his age and the way he was behaving Crying or Very sad

OH dragged me out of the shop in horror Embarassed
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 pm

It is really sad Sad

Unfortunately far too many people see animals as "disposable" - and when they get too old, too much work or unhealthy they think it is just acceptable to shove them off on someone else! No

Hope the poor little bun does find a home. And can get his teeth sorted very soon too Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

can't stop thinking about him but really have no room for him and it would really upset my ones i have Sad
as it is bluebell and flopsy get extremely grumpy when they see me giving the others attention (nothing worse than a jelous female) Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:12 pm

Oh darling this is dreadful. I so wish I could help.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Could you contact local rescues and see if they could take him on? They might be in a better position to assess him properly and get him the right home...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: