Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :)

+8
Zo
fall3n-ang3l
Thumper2001
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
KatieB
fiver
Lottie
12 posters

Go down

It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) Empty It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :)

Post by Lottie Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello everyone! Happy Dance

For those who don't know or don't remember,
I used to be around this forum where everyone is just so kind when I had my angora lop bunny Kenzo,
that I had gotten at the same time as my brother's lop bunny Chewbacca.
Well sadly almost 2 years after I got him Kenzo had to be put to sleep after a long, long fight with pasteurellosis and a generalized infection.
His head had gotten so bent that he couldn't walk, couldn't eat or drink by himself...
No treatments made him better, so we had to do what no one wants to do. Crying or Very sad
I was so devastated that I made the dumb promis to myself to never have a rabbit again, although I kept loving my brother's bun.
When I moved out of my mom's home and went to study elsewhere I only saw the bun during holidays so I kind of stopped coming to the forum, being rabbitless...
I did post the occasional pictures though, and visited other bunny's photoshoot topics! Smile

BUT recently everything bunnywise changed!
A girls who studies at my school and works at a pet store on weekends sent out a help message on facebook.
A little bun at the pet shop had tinea and a light deformation of her back legs, thus she couldn't be sold and the shop owner wanted to put her down.
The student took her in, got her to the vet and cured her, but she couldn't keep her and was looking for someone to adopt her, but more urgently to keep her during the christmas holidays!
I accepted to keep her for the holidays since I was staying at home...
But the bunny was so great, so playful, cheerful and such a good girl, that I've decided to keep her. Very Happy

So here I am again with a bunny! Happy Dance
She is a real joy: About 4 months old, I have to take her to the vet for her first shots and a routine check up.
She's still too young and skinny, but I'll get her fixed as soon as it's safe!
At the pet shop she was aparently fed only a seed and ceral mix (eek!) and no hay, but now she's on good hay and alfalfa pellets, so hopefully she'll put on some weight.

It hard to express how happy I am, now that I have her I remember just how much joy a rabbit can bring you. albino

So, after this long post (kudos to those who read!) here is Kirby:

This was her in the class, when she was given to me:
It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) Screen10

And this is her on her first outing today!
The harness is too big, it belongs to my brother's bunny (they're over for a visit) so I'll buy a better one.
For now she free roams my place when I'm home and is in a spare cage at night and when I'm away,
but I've ordered a decent sized indoor pen for her instead which is on it's way, so she still has room to run around when she's not free roaming:
It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) P1070310

It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) P1070311

And as a bonus, here's a recent picture of Chewy who's as healthy as can be and a very happy boy!
It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) P1070210

I'm VERY happy to be back here with many bunny adventures to talk about,
and to be able to read other people's bunny-talk without being so sad that I no longer have one by my side.
Thank you HappyHoppers for being such a great forum. Wave
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) Empty Re: It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :)

Post by fiver Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:36 pm

I know it's very sad about kenzo but he was given all the love and care he could have had,
you did all you possibly could and more. Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Kirby is absolutely gorgeous and chewy looks wonderfully well Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :) Empty Re: It seems it was time for a new bun... introducing Kirby! :)

Post by Lottie Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Thank you Fiver!
I'm truly over the loss of Kenzo now, it doesn't make me sad anymore although I'll always miss him.
My new girl brings me so much joy. Love
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Hi Lottie!!!!

So brilliant to have you back! We missed you! Kirby is just beautiful!

Sooo lovely to see a pic of Chewy looking as gorgeous as ever!

So are you still in France at the moment? How are you finding school?

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:45 pm

I just love the look on her face looking back at you on her leash as if to say "well come on then" Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Katie!
I see you have new buns, that's so great. Love
I am still in France until the month of June, hopefully I'll be back in Spain for July.
My studies are great, although with the final exams coming up it can be stressful but that's normal. But I can't wait to be back in Spain, the weather really sucks here. Laughing

Fiver: Haha yes she was quite bossy on the leash, I couldn't sit down for a second! Suprisingly she didn't mind the harness at all, she did great for a first time.
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Yea I have Charlie and Annabelle now too (much to Daisy's disgust).

They have both been ill, but they are just gorgeous. Daisy is still his grumpy self!

It really is lovely to have you back :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:23 pm

Oh no what did they have?
Do they live inside with Daisy? Haha he must be outraged, I remember him being THE little prince. Laughing
Thank you I'm glad to be ack too. I did miss the familiar bunfaces and shenanigans.
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Charlie's teeth roots are growing through his jaw Sad and Annabelle is in heart failure - we have no idea how much longer either of them have . Sad

We are just trying to make the time by have as fab as we can. They have their own shed and run outside and free range of the garden while we are at home..... They quite often come up to the back door to wind Daisy up!

We have got some new really lovely members too since you left, as well as familiar faces - I'm sure they will all be along to say hi soon :-)

Last edited by Katieb on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Hi Lottie Wave

So lovely to hear from you again and see gorgeous Chewy also , I see he is still as handsome as always Love Love

As for Kirby she's gorgeous and it's nice to see her taking you out for a walk Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:13 pm

Hi Lottie Wave

It's always nice to see Chewy Love

Kirby is so pretty too, but she has a cheeky face. I think she is going to keep you on your toes Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Katie: Oh well I wish you luck with your two little darlings. Hugs

Tuckerbunnies: Hi! Wave
It's nice to "see" you too.
I suppose that's what Kirby was thinking when we were outside! Laughing

Sparky: Hello! I do think she will keep me busy, although for now she has not done anything really naughty.
I think she's thinking of an evil plan! Suspect
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Lottie Wave

Lovely to have you back Smile Kirby is gorgeous Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi and thank you Wave
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Love
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:21 pm

Kirby is beautiful, and Chewy is a handsome devil, welcome back!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:57 am

Welcome back Lottie! Your Kirby is SO adorable! She looks so comfortable in the harness. "Come on Mommy! Let's go 'splorion!"
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:50 am

Hi everyone and thank you for your replies!
I do love my little Kirby.

Last edited by Lottie on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:18 am

What a lovely story about how she she came to be with you. Lucky girl. She's beautiful too!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm

So lovely to have you back Lottie Smile

Kirby is stunning and she looks so happy! Lovely to see the squishy Chewy too Laughing
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:56 pm

What a lovely story, I am so pleased for you hun. She is a beautiful bunny and we look forward to hearig more about her. Welcome back Lottie love.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down