Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoor to outdoor - when?

2 posters

Go down

Indoor to outdoor - when? Empty Indoor to outdoor - when?

Post by Sue_pawz Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 pm

As you may know, OH wants the buns outdoors this year Sad. Obviously it's far too early, but I need to get the set up ready in plenty time.

When can I put them out?

I'll miss them Sad
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Indoor to outdoor - when? Empty Re: Indoor to outdoor - when?

Post by Sparky Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Jack and Layla will be moving outside this year. Humum is thinking probably not until mid-April at the very earliest and possibly not until early May.

How much room do you have for an outdoor set-up? If you can possibly fit an aviary in (i.e. something you can walk into and with enough room for a garden chair) you'll be able to spend any good weather we might get out there with them.

If not an aviary, is the rest of your garden safe enough that they could free-range under supervision? There's nothing that gets a bun being active and nosy more than exploring a place they don't usually have access to Embarassed

Humum has spent hours sitting in the garden on a nice evening just watching the buns being buns, and she gets plenty of attention once they learned that she usually comes out with a pocket full of treats Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:06 pm

It depends on the weather. When you are free of frost and the indoor and outdoor temperatures are about the same. I would say April/May.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:11 pm

We actually have lots of room, and I am rather hoping for a shed and aviary set up, although my skills in the DIY department are seriously lacking, so I don't know what is feasible - I'm not even confident of my ability to put up a shed. Also depends on how much money OH will allow for it.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down