Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'...

+7
Thumper2001
Sparky
KatieB
Tuckerbunnies
fall3n-ang3l
fiver
FluffSlave
11 posters

Go down

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... Empty I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'...

Post by FluffSlave Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:33 pm

It's getting beyond a joke now. Every day I find a new matt after I've removed an old one, and his coat only seems to be growing thicker No

I have a big dog brush to get through the hair as it was too thick for the teeth of my original comb and even this isn't working anymore. It seems the healthier he gets, the fluffier he gets!

The problem is, it is not doing him or me any favours. He is such a nervous little guy and every night I - the evil hoomin - come in and pull his hair in an attempt to get the matts away. He spends the whole time digging his fleece up, biting and panting and getting terribly worked up, even if he has his pellets. He cannot trust me - I think he has less trust now with me than he did before. The only time he ever emerges from hiding from me is when I have food - typical bun! Laughing

I am more than prepared to put in the time for grooming but he just doesn't want it. His coat is beautiful but it is not worth the stress it's causing us both.

Any ideas about how I can take it off so he doesn't look completely ridiculous? I didn't want it to come to this, but I want a happy bun who trusts me, and this is just not the case at the moment Sad

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... 2012-12-26225756

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... 2013-01-17134156

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... 2013-01-18104554
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... Empty Re: I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'...

Post by fiver Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:42 pm

awww mojo the skinhead Laughing Laughing Laughing
bless him he is furry Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... Empty Re: I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'...

Post by fall3n-ang3l Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:57 am

Awwwww wow the second picture,he looks sooooooooo fluffy Love probably the best person to ask is maysie,she has lots of experience with the gorgeous kenzo
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:31 pm

This is how Angora Jess is with her coat she pant's and get's all worked up and of course it take's hours as Mike has to gently prise the matts apart so that he doesn't pull her skin and make it sore and even when he does get a load of fur off there is just as much and even thicker underneath, I'm afraid it's never ending.

Looking at Mojo's coat he has a lot of Cashmere in him Smile

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:19 pm

I think I might just stick it out with him - maybe little and often and just simply chop any matts rather than try and brush them out is the answer.

I was just looking through those pictures and he is so gorgeous, I just can't bring myself to take away that fuzz! He is a furby as Rob said Laughing

I was never expecting this much coat. This is what he was like a few weeks after I got him, compare it to now Shocked

I think Mojo is going to have to have a 'mop chop'... 2012-10-15121804_zpsef834191

I'm just glad he ended up with me. No wonder the poor little guy had to have it all chopped away when the RSPCA seized him and the other buns. It must have been dreadfully matted No
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm glad he ended up with you too xxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 pm

mojo furby could not be in better hands x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:19 pm

Thank you guys Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 pm

I think I'd go with the trimming option rather than stress him out by brushing (use round-nosed scissors, like kiddies ones) . You do have to be ever so careful with buns too as their skin is so thin - I'd be worried about hurting him.

He'd still be handsome with a short back 'n' sides Love Love Love Love
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Ok guys, I think I'm gonna go for it and give him - as Sparky puts it - a short back n' sides Laughing

I'm not going to cut it too short, just enough so that it's not too long that it matts up.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:35 pm

I would also go with trimming rather than brushing them out.

The kiddie scissors are a good suggestion, Sparky suggested them when one of Molly's spay stitches was poking out and it made cutting it a much less scary task for me and OH.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:28 pm

I agree with what is being said hun, it is important that he trusts you so I think a litle trim is the best option. My lttle Binky is a cross lionhead and he doesn't like being combed either. Please let us know how you get on. I too am glad he has found a home with you.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Well, I took the plunge last night and Mojo now resembles the picture of him shortly after his arrival again. Just more ridiculous looking (I did an awful job of it). I keep telling him he can comfort himself in the fact it will grow back - and then I'll chop it away again Shocked

He still has his beard as he doesn't mind that being done really.

I think this is going to help a lot with him trusting me. And if I didn't think I was imaging it, he seems so much more active since taking all that coat off. I wonder if he was too warm under there and is actually more comfortable now.

Anyhow - Mr Mojo is NOT available for bunny photoshoots any time shortly Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:24 pm

Hissy I wanna see him as he is now Thumbs Up

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:49 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Anyhow - Mr Mojo is NOT available for bunny photoshoots any time shortly Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Poor guy. Not even for a bribe?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't think so Sparky Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:46 pm

I too would love to see the little sweetie.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:35 am

Awwwwwww I wanna see mojo
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:50 am

I want to see him too!!

He's adorable by the way Love
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Aww gorgeous Mojo!! I think trimming is a great idea, I can only imagine brushing matts out is painful for him.
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Can we see Mr Mojo yet?? Very Happy Very Happy
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum