Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How heart warming is this?

5 posters

Go down

How heart warming is this? Empty How heart warming is this?

Post by lizzi_b Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm

amazing video a friend just put on my Facebook. I think this lady would fit in great on here! she's given this bun such love and a real chance in life!

http://www.wimp.com/allheart/
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

How heart warming is this? Empty Re: How heart warming is this?

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:14 pm

Ive actually seen this before on TV and I didnt agree with it. The bun didnt look too happy in my opinion, apart from when she was using her cart - which i think needed more adapting as her poor feet were trailing along the floor.

I could have done that for Skye, but knowing how much she loved to binky and how she rarely ever sat still, i didnt think it was fair to put her though it. As much as i wanted to, it would have been for selfish reasons. Humans can understand why they are disabled, it can be explained to them. It cant to an animal, and if a disability prevents them from doing something they clearly enjoyed previously, or prevents them from doing things that would come naturally, its not fair to put them through it.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:19 pm

I totally agree it needs to be higher so her feet didn't drag! I just love that it might be helping get her use of legs back! and that the woman hasn't given up hope on her.
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm

it looks in this particular case it is helping somewhat and I think it is a little too high though too,
but there are cases where that may be cruel too and thus is an individual need.
I think if it has a positive impact then its amazing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 am

That rabbit's back legs had movement in them, there was one part where she had her on her knee and Ethel was kicking out her little back legs all the time ( Ethel looked so uncomfortable the way she was being held on that ladies knee ) I think that the cart will be a big help in strengthening Ethel's back legs but the worry I have is that the back legs were sort of dragging on the floor and until she has built up strength in her legs they need to be slightly off the ground a little. Plus she needs to have a smaller space to use her cart as that small journey took a great deal out of her . I'd put her in her cart in a room at home for about 2 mins and build it up longer every other day.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:36 am

I agree with you Maysie. Trooper, our first bun, was a parabun. I know I've talked on here about him before. I wish I would have thought of baby diapers for him. But he moved around SO and climbed so much he would have probably got caught or tangled in something.

How I still grieve about not knowing how bad the diarrhea was for bun and not seeking out another vet that could have taught me how to get the med down him. He was my son's best friend. Crying or Very sad
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down