Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Floppy our indoor

4 posters

Go down

Floppy our indoor Empty Floppy our indoor

Post by dizzylynn Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 am

We are thinking about putting floppy outside, he cant really get the rome of the house, to many wires etc, he wrecks the kitchen when we leave the door closed, but cant leave it open Cass (pup) goes in his cage & eats the bunny poop, plus the wee begger peed ion my sofa the other day. So we think he would be happier in a outdoor house with his own run. If could bond him with charlie that would be ideal but not sure if 2 males would bond.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Floppy our indoor Empty Re: Floppy our indoor

Post by fiver Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:51 am

it's not un heard of two males bonding but can often result in big fights in the end he may be happier outside but will he miss the indoor rampages he obviously loves to cause Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 am

Often wonder what he is doing, clatter bang thud, go through and looks like nothing has moved, he tries to climb the ladders or jump in the bin thats poss what we hear.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:15 pm

I would never bond two males, we have tried twice and they were both Brothers and grew up together but as they got older they fought and nearly killed each other it was awful, we have successfully bonded girls togther but not boys.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by lizzi_b Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:34 am

Yea as far as I know the rescue I help at has never had any sucess with bonding males together, and I wouldn't personally try it. I think you will have to go for 2 seperate enclosures outside if you are going to move him outside.

Just remember that it is still very cold outside at the minute and as he is accustomed to your heating inside he won't have a nice thick winter coat to keep him warm outside. If you are going to move him outside I would wait if you can till nearly summer, so he stands a chance of surviving better.

Can you not rabbit proof your home so he can stay indoors? We have all wires hidden and unacessable to bunnies and fence off any areas that we don't want bunnies to go, and after a while they forget about what was interesting there and ignore it, so then you can remove the caging. I find cardboard boxes and willow/wicker toys scattered around provide much entertainment for them to keep them busy enough to not cause mischeif with our furniture and belongings.
lizzi_b
lizzi_b
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1667
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Not doing it till april at earliest, time I build him a separate enclosure at other side of garden, will either do it under bedroom & livingroom window long & narrow or other side under kids bedroom windows, both are bit better sheltered so wont have to put a roof over it.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: