Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wood pallets

3 posters

Go down

Wood pallets Empty Wood pallets

Post by dizzylynn Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

Been offered loads of wood pallets, was looking for them some time ago but cant remember what for. Will they be safe to use in making the bunnies some boxes, tunnels, platforms and lining the inside of the huts.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Wood pallets Empty Re: Wood pallets

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:20 am

I dont see why not. When i was looking for a run for Hughie, someone offered me a load of wood pallets to make my own. I wouldnt know where to start, but she made all sorts with them for her rabbits! She even managed to make an attractive looking fence out of them to go around their exercise area! Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:45 am

I was thinking about making them loads through the spring/summer if we get peace from the rain that is.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm

As long as they haven't been painted or exposed to oil/fuels they'll be OK Thumbs Up
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:19 pm

Will ask Graham if he knows before accept them. I need 2180 inch worth of 2 x 2 to build 10 panels for floppy & charlie, his run is next to the drain, but cos the idiot derek who is meant to know what he is doing, didnt level off the mono blocks so the rain water drains towards the drain, instead its going into charlies run, soaking 2/3 of his play space, Im moving him. The other 2 are fine where they are will just need to fix the roof. Just went to clean his hut & run, I had to get down on my knees with a scraper & remove the pooh/hay/straw thats got wet and stuck like cement. Then oot with a scrubbing brush & hot water to scrub the green away. He got to run about the garden in his glory. Only probs is cant sweep out the water had to use the dustpan & scoop it out grrrrrrr.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Hudad says you shouldn't need 2" x 2", it's overkill and will be very heavy. 2" x 1" will be plenty or 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" at most. Make sure you treat it with something like Cuprinol Garden Shades (it's bunny safe) and a good tip from hudad is to fit rubber feet on the bottom sections so they don't sit on the ground and allow any water to flow away. Something like these: Feet You just screw them on with a 4mm x 16mm self tapping screw (not with a countersunk head though) hudad says, and fit one every 2 feet or so Thumbs Up
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Got they feet in the garage nooooo clue why, not many tho. Will start making the panels, 1 at a time, treat a bunch of them, then build it. Will 1 x 2 work, got t make sure its dog proof & hurricane bawbag proof lol.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down