Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for three Wood bunnies please

+9
jolovesbunnies
FluffSlave
Sixer
gentl
KatieB
Thumper2001
fiver
Tuckerbunnies
Sparky
13 posters

Go down

Vibes for three Wood bunnies please Empty Vibes for three Wood bunnies please

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

They're off to the vet at 4.10 this afternoon. Jack is having a health check, claws clipped and his vaccination. Last year the vaccination caused his snuffles to flare up, although he had been through a couple of other stressful events too so we're hoping it doesn't happen this time. Seeing as Layla is going along for the ride she is being claw-clipped and health checked too.

Taffy is going to have a check over, but Humum is still a bit worried about his eye as he is still squinting it shut a lot of the time. She thinks it might be time to get an x-ray and see if anything sinister is going on in his mouth, but he is still a bit frail so sedating him would be a worry.

Some vibes would be lovely Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Vibes for three Wood bunnies please Empty Re: Vibes for three Wood bunnies please

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:11 pm

Sending all the Vibes I can muster for these special bunnies Love Love Love

'No snuffles flare up & keep safe' Vibes for Jack xxxxxxxxxx

'Everything good' and keep safe Vibes for the beautiful Layla xxxxxxxxxx

'And 'nothing sinister going on' and keep safe Vibes for special bun Taffy xxxxxxxx

And plenty of these for the Huparents Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Vibes for three Wood bunnies please Empty Re: Vibes for three Wood bunnies please

Post by fiver Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:12 pm

I hope they will be ok am sending trillions of vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:59 pm

Will be thinking of you guys Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:48 pm

Buckets of vibes coming your way!

Be brave father Jack, Layla - try and keep his spirits up please.

Taffy - I really really hope you are ok little guy, you have fought so hard, just need to fix that eye now little one .

Sending you all some Love Love
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:07 pm

Dispatching 3 Hare-Mail Squadrons immediately! Destination Wood Warren, England. Cargo: Good health vibes for Father Jack and Layla along with behave for nail clipping vibes for the pair. Get well vibes for Taffy! Love Please get well soonest! We love you so!

Also mega Hugs for your Humum and Sparky please behave for her whilest Hudad is away. Be a positive example. There may be noms involved.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks all - we'll let you know how they get on.

Holly - Hudad is back, he got back on Sunday morning. I hid behind the sofa for 24 hours so he didn't realise I was actually quite pleased to see him Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:35 pm

Sending loads of vibes for all of you xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:45 pm

I'm sending lots of vibes for Father Jack, Layla and Taffy. I hope all goes well for them! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Vibes and love being sent in droves, hope all goes well for these little darlings.

Hugs

JOxx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Well I've had my claws clipped and my jab. I'm a rather well built 3kg Smile Now I think I deserve loads of treats but they aren't forthcoming Hissy

Layla had her monster claws clipped and a check over. She's managed to scratch a sliver off her third eyelid but it's nothing to worry about. She's a sturdy 3.4kg Shocked No wonder I was all squished in the carrier!

Taffy has another 30 days of Alamycin because he's still a little snuffly and he still has some compaction which may be in his cecum so he's staying on the Metaclop. He's lost a smidgen of weight and is now 1.9kg. However he does seem to be lacking in his vision. Humum and Claire think it could be neurological and a side effect of the EC. I suggested Specsavers but Taffy didn't see any frames he liked so he's happy as he is for now.
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:31 pm

Ok then, you need to chill now FJ, no getting poorly - it was only a scratch....

Oh Taffy - did the vet say if the eye was going to be a problem long term?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:43 pm

Sparky wrote:Thanks all - we'll let you know how they get on.

Holly - Hudad is back, he got back on Sunday morning. I hid behind the sofa for 24 hours so he didn't realise I was actually quite pleased to see him Wink

Sparky! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Layla was funny because the moment Claire had stopped poking and prodding and given her a clean bill of health, instead of cowering on the table with wide eyes as she had been, she suddenly went all bright and alert and Layla-ish and periscoped up to greet Claire Laughing Laughing Laughing

Taffy - there is no sign at all of anything physically wrong with his eye. There is no reason to suspect an abcess or tooth root problems, and the tops of his teeth look fabulous. He is eating with no problem and does not mind being touched anywhere around his mouth or eye. He has gradually weaned himself off the junk food this last week or so and is eating his SS pellets and a bit of hay as well as lots of veg.

Both eyes have very little pupil response to light (something Humum had noticed in his squinty eye). This is most likely to be a neurological effect from the EC. Humum is hopeful that his vision might improve if his brain can form new neural pathways for the signals from his eyes. In the meantime, and even long-term if needs be, it is manageable. Humum needs to think about how to help him, such as make sure his pen layout is right for him and then never gets changed and even things as simple as using the ceiling light in the office instead of the wall lights to give him the best chance of seeing with whatever vision he still has. She had noticed he is always happiest in his pen and keen to get back to it when brought out for exercise and now thinks this might be why - he knows the layout and feels safe, but when he is brought out of it the world is a bit scary.

He is a happy, bright, alert little chap who just needs to clear this last bit of impaction from his gut, get his snuffles knocked back and get a bit more exercise and then there is no reason why he can't live a happy life as a spoiled house-bun Smile
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:59 pm

Aww, bless Taffy!!!! So is it official? He's now a house bun?

Layla!! You almost weigh the same as me!! Wink Laughing If anyone says anything to you, just you tell them you're big boned and your gorgeous, you carry it off marvellously Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:06 pm

Oh wow this all sounds good as well Very Happy cheers

I think since Helen has had that ulcer on her eye due to EC she has limited sight now as she seem's to spend her day sat on the heat pad but they are in a special pen built up on one level as it was made with Baby Saint's blindness and both their disabilities taken into count. Both Helen and Baby Saint don't like going out in the world either...I don't blame them sometimes I don't either.
I have find most eye problems out on rabbit's when using a flash on a camera photo.

At least Taffy is in good hands and I know with huparents like you two to he will have the best care. Hugs

I'm so glad it was nothing sinister.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:18 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Aww, bless Taffy!!!! So is it official? He's now a house bun?
I think so, he'll be a bit like me, never 100% 'healthy' so not really suited to outdoor life. They brought him down to meet me yesterday, and it was him who ran off when I approached him, although now they have a bit more understanding of why they can plan the next meeting a bit better. (Humum didn't really intend the meeting, but he was having a snuggle with her and she came down to do something and he was so warm and cosy she didn't have the heart to put him down Laughing )

Tuckerbunnies wrote:they are in a special pen built up on one level as it was made with Baby Saint's blindness and both their disabilities taken into count.
He almost certainly does have *some* vision - he managed when hopping round their bedroom the other day. She was thinking of giving him a second level in his pen but that might not be the best idea now. She just want to make sure he has a place he feels really, really safe.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Im glad it went well and that there was good news all around. Fingers crossed that Taffy's sight improves slightly, but Im sure it wont affect him too much either way. I think Domino bunny is a shining example there! Smile

Layla sounds like Dolly Laughing Once the vet is finished with her, she stands up and periscopes at them Rolling Eyes I think shes just squaring up to them really Laughing "Come near me again, and ill box ya!"
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Im glad that there is hope that his little eyes might improve....bless his heart - EC is just so evil.

He's been loved better so far, so I have no doubt that he is going to be happy in his new indoor life.

Be nice to him Sparky, you might be just what each other need x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:28 pm

awww all sounds pretty ok certainly better than thought Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
poor taffy and his eyes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
you all need to look after him Love Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Well I am glad that Father Jack and Layla are well, and that Taffy wasn't hiding anything particularly sinister.

I am sure Taffy will adapt well with all the love and extra care he will get from his fabulous hu-parents. I think a life in your warren as a spoiled house bunny, perhaps with you too, Sparky, sounds pretty fabulous to me! Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:05 am

Our Bridge bunny, Lady, was totally blind. I Know I've spoken of her before. We didn't know she was blind because she zoomed around everywhere, would come to us, jump on our laps and everything....until the day we moved something. We never made changes in the floor plan again and she was fine as long as she stayed off the tile. Mopping the floor removed too much of her scent i think where as vacuuming the carpet did not.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:41 am

Im glad all went well at the vet Thumbs Up
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 pm

I'm so sorry I missed this but I'm so pleased to hear you're all ok! I hope the meet between Taffy and Sparky goes well next time, wouldn't it be lovely if you two could be happy together Smile
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down