Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A local rescue has some baby bunnies!

+2
KatieB
Zo
6 posters

Go down

A local rescue has some baby bunnies! Empty A local rescue has some baby bunnies!

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:40 pm

A local rescue has some baby bunnies! 209014_448865918523839_1154059345_n

-sigh- I actually would be interested in their Mum, but I'm not sure how old she is, I haven't seen a picture of her, but her name is Caramac so it must be meant to be!!

I WANT A WIFEBUN FOR HECTOR Hissy Hissy

Why is it so difficult for my parents to see that one more rabbit wouldn't make any difference to us, since they'll be in the same cage, but would make a world of difference to my little bun Sad
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

A local rescue has some baby bunnies! Empty Re: A local rescue has some baby bunnies!

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:38 pm

Oh they are just so so gorgeous.

Maybe they will come around hun x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

A local rescue has some baby bunnies! Empty Re: A local rescue has some baby bunnies!

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm

I really hope so Katie, I think he'd be really happy with another bunny
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Awwwww Love Love Love

What's their main objection to a wifebun, Zo?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:55 pm

Dont give them, or yourself to much of a hard time though hun - Hector IS a very happy little boy.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Sparky wrote:Awwwww Love Love Love

I suspect that it's just the fact that it's another rabbit, which is why it's quite irritating. Once they're bonded they'd be in the same cage, and to me that's not any different from having Hector!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:13 pm

Katieb wrote:Dont give them, or yourself to much of a hard time though hun - Hector IS a very happy little boy.

Thank you Katie Hugs
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Zo wrote:

I suspect that it's just the fact that it's another rabbit, which is why it's quite irritating. Once they're bonded they'd be in the same cage, and to me that's not any different from having Hector!
Do you feel you could talk to them? If they have genuine concerns they have not explained very well, it would be a chance to talk them through and see if you could reach a compromise? Do you have Hector insured? I can't remember.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Sparky wrote:
Zo wrote:

Do you feel you could talk to them? If they have genuine concerns they have not explained very well, it would be a chance to talk them through and see if you could reach a compromise? Do you have Hector insured? I can't remember.
I'm going to try when they're back from holiday, I'll start with Mum and see what she says. Hector is insured.
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:04 pm

Oh they are precious! Lovely photos too Love

I sympathise with you. For a long time my mum wouldn't let me get Wills a husbun either. The only thing that changed her mind was when she needed to be away from home more, which meant me needing to look after our dogs more and therefore I played the sympathy vote about how Willow would be alone much more Twisted Evil It was a fair point though!

I can honestly say adding an extra bun is really hardly anymore work. It is just twice the poop, hay and pellets! And love, but we all know you have enough of that to go around a million buns! I hope your parents come around soon Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:13 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Oh they are precious! Lovely photos too Love

I sympathise with you. For a long time my mum wouldn't let me get Wills a husbun either. The only thing that changed her mind was when she needed to be away from home more, which meant me needing to look after our dogs more and therefore I played the sympathy vote about how Willow would be alone much more Twisted Evil It was a fair point though!

I can honestly say adding an extra bun is really hardly anymore work. It is just twice the poop, hay and pellets! And love, but we all know you have enough of that to go around a million buns! I hope your parents come around soon Hugs
I worry that he gets lonely when I'm at work/uni, when I got him I did 4 hour shifts and now I do a full day, I just worry about him!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

awww they are gorgeous Love Love Love
show your parents some piccies of bonded buns it may switch a light on Thumbs Up
I agree with Katie though your hector is a well cared for loved bun who is very happy x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:21 pm

A question that has just popped into my head, if I adopted a baby, could I bond her with Hector before she was spayed, since he is neutered?? Then just take her out for her spay, and a couple of days of healing, then re-bond them (if needed) ?

I'm hoping Carama is 1-2 years, and that she isn't too big!!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

sometimes when a bonded bun gets spayed they can smell different and can sometimes cause a problem with the bond x

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:45 pm

Would the rescue let you adopt under those circumstances? Would your / their vet spay a girl quite young, say 16 weeks?

Do you have somewhere you could put her if she turned into a nightmare teenager overnight, like all my siblings did? Are you prepared for sprayed wee, if she decides that is fun?

Hector seems to be quite a laid-back bun so it *could* work with a youngster but it is something to go into with your eyes wide open and prepared for any contingency. If you did, I wouldn't even split them for her spay - just send them to the vets together and keep them together afterwards.

Can I ask what rescue it is, my Humum wants to go and squee at their buns... Rolling Eyes
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:07 pm

in my experience with bonding a youngster and a older bun [my boyfriends buns] i wouldn't recommend it. One elder relaxed bun and one raging with hormones even after a spay made their bond take a very long time and they were living next to each other separately for a long time [about 9months] There is a small chance they wouldn't bond, if so would your parents be ok with 2 separate buns? Not saying this would happen but you have to remember its a possibility.

It may be easier to convince the parents if you get a rescue bun that had been spayed and say they wouldn't need to pay that cost [if costing is holding them back from another bun] Some rescues would also bond for you which would cut down the stress and find you the perfect wife bun for hector.
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Sparky wrote:Would the rescue let you adopt under those circumstances? Would your / their vet spay a girl quite young, say 16 weeks?

Do you have somewhere you could put her if she turned into a nightmare teenager overnight, like all my siblings did? Are you prepared for sprayed wee, if she decides that is fun?

Hector seems to be quite a laid-back bun so it *could* work with a youngster but it is something to go into with your eyes wide open and prepared for any contingency. If you did, I wouldn't even split them for her spay - just send them to the vets together and keep them together afterwards.

Can I ask what rescue it is, my Humum wants to go and squee at their buns... Rolling Eyes

He is super laid back, as long as you feed him on time! The early spaying would be something to check out I think, I stalked the website of my vets and discovered that there's a vet with a special interest in rabbits at another location, maybe she could do it?

We have a spare bedroom that's next door to my room, so she could go in there if there's any problems. Is sprayed wee a pre neuter thing?

From my guestimations the buns must be about 8-10 weeks old, I think they'll be up for adoption at 12 weeks? But I'm not sure.

The mum would possibly be the easier option depending on her age and size, at least she would come already spayed!

It's http://hularescue.org/small-animals.html there's only a couple of buns on there at the moment, no baby pics I'm afraid!!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Amelia66 wrote:in my experience with bonding a youngster and a older bun [my boyfriends buns] i wouldn't recommend it. One elder relaxed bun and one raging with hormones even after a spay made their bond take a very long time and they were living next to each other separately for a long time [about 9months] There is a small chance they wouldn't bond, if so would your parents be ok with 2 separate buns? Not saying this would happen but you have to remember its a possibility.

It may be easier to convince the parents if you get a rescue bun that had been spayed and say they wouldn't need to pay that cost [if costing is holding them back from another bun] Some rescues would also bond for you which would cut down the stress and find you the perfect wife bun for hector.
Hector is only 8 months old currently, so it wouldn't be a massive age gap. My parents don't pay for anything for hector, except his mint and parsley. Mum will sit with hector for me if work want me to do an evening, or I'm doing something social (rare occurrence!) and sometimes she'll buy him a you, but that's completely her decision. Dad isn't involved with hector at all
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down