Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED

5 posters

Go down

Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED Empty Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED

Post by bunnymum Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:47 am

This is Martha, She went to the vet this morning to be neutered and to have a lump removed, hopefully i'll be bringing her home tomorrow. I've got to phone them later to see how she is...bit worried...don't know her age or what they might find when they operate Sad

Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED Bunnies005-1

The vet has just called, Martha has not had her op today, she was given GA and when they inserted to the tube for oxygen she began to sound like she was "rattling". They think she may have a chest infection and I can collect her tomorrow, she is on antibiotics.
Could she have a reaction to the GA?

They said to try again in 2 weeks time. If she can't have the op - could she still have a neutered male companion?

Last edited by bunnymum on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : update)
bunnymum
bunnymum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED Empty Re: Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:54 am

Fingers crossed everything works out OK for her. I'm sure she will be just fine.

(((vibes)))
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED Empty Re: Bunny having op today / UPDATE - OP CANCELLED

Post by KathyT Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:54 am

What a beauty - keeping everything crossed for you xx
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:59 am

she is lovely! Hope op goes well and get well soon Martha.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:09 am

Sending vibes that all goes well.

She is such a pretty lady :luv:
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:50 am

Awwwwww good luck Martha Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Poor Martha Sad

It took two attempts to spay Hollie. At the first go her heart rate plummeted and she went blue so the vet brought her round immediately. Her recovery was instantaneous so the vet had no qualms in attempting to spay her again.

I must admit I was unsure as Hollie is much smaller than sister Rosie and I was worried there was an underlying problem. Thankfully the spay went without a hitch four weeks later.

As to the question about bonding her unspayed then neither Rosie or Hollie were spayed when they were bonded with Herbie. However the girls were only about 5 months old at that point and had not displayed any hormonal tendencies!

I hope Martha responds to the antibiotics. I am rather taken with her - black lionheads have a special place in my heart.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnymum Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Just spoken to the vet, she is alot brighter this afternoon but they still want to monitor her overnight, they have suggested that i go back in a couple of weeks for a pre-op assessment and try again. Smile
bunnymum
bunnymum
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:59 pm

I had a bun who recovered from pneumonia speyed and she did really well, so provided Martha has a good long course of abx (and pro-bs to counteract their effects on gut flora) and that her chest sounds clear on her next pre-op check they should be able to spey her fine.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down