Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think this would harm/upset the buns?

+4
Sue_pawz
Sparky
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
8 posters

Go down

Do you think this would harm/upset the buns? Empty Do you think this would harm/upset the buns?

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:11 pm

I'm am so angry right now but I'm not going to say a thing because I don't want to offend and hoppers with cats. But perhaps your cats are better behaved than the little ******* round here Mad

Anyhoo, I need to do something and I'm thinking of buying one of these.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B000NR8Q1U/ref=redir_mdp_mobile

Obviously Molly and Junior are in the house and I'd keep it as far away from the house as I can but I need to put it where it's going to do the job. I might even need to buy a few....

I have considered the lion poo idea but my garden is a fair size so I'd need a truck worth!

Thoughts? Smile

Last edited by Thumper2001 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Norty swear filter didn't get me!!!)
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Do you think this would harm/upset the buns? Empty Re: Do you think this would harm/upset the buns?

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Don't bother! we had trouble with cats at our old house, we had about ten in the close and they were using everyone's garden as their toilet. We couldn't even open our windows in the front room as the smell from cat's spray and poop was disgusting and it wasn't buried either pale We tried everything and nothing works at all, we tried the cat detectors we had 6 in various places in the back and front garden and they just sat in front of them washing.

We tried the plant's that give off a smell that they don't like...that didn't work. Nothing worked but we have recently bought a barkstopper as the dogs next door bark all the time and it's driving us mad and the other day they were barking and I opened the door and pressed it and Monroe must have been sat outside the door and I didn't know and he shot off so it must work on cat's.

It certainly has made our life better since we bought it as the dogs shut up as soon as they hear it.

http://www.barkstopper.co.uk/

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Do you think this would harm/upset the buns? Empty Re: Do you think this would harm/upset the buns?

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Urgh. I really am at my wits end. I can't even feed MY rabbits grass from MY GARDEN because it is COVERED in ****. Never mind let them out there.

It's disgusting!!!!

I feel like concreting the lot and telling them to **** on that! Mad

I'm glad you've found something to shut the dog up. As the finer weather comes in I've been starting to think about the impending constant barking and have bought a "silent" dog whistle off eBay. Silent my ****!!

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:26 pm

Can you tell I'm in a right mood about this?! Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 pm

The only things that work on cats are spikes on the fence to stop them getting in in the first place (or trellis which is too flimsy for them to get up onto) or water sprays. If you don't want to spend all day outside with a Super Soaker (which Humum says is great fun Twisted Evil ) then one of the automatic sprayer things might be worth investing in:

http://www.deteracat.co.uk/scarecrow_water_jet_pack.htm

It's not cheap and I'm not sure how large an area it will cover. There might be cheaper ones out there.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:29 pm

Thanks, Sparky.

My neighbour has got the little **** with both a hose and a bucket of water and he still comes back.

Think I might get an Alsatian Hmmm

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Urgh. I really am at my wits end. I can't even feed MY rabbits grass from MY GARDEN because it is COVERED in ****. Never mind let them out there.

It's disgusting!!!!

I'm glad you've found something to shut the dog up. As the finer weather comes in I've been starting to think about the impending constant barking and have bought a "silent" dog whistle off eBay. Silent my ****!!

I know how you feel as it was one of the reasons we sold our home and moved away from Clifton as cat poop was everywhere and I walked it into the house one day and I was in tears as it really got me down. It is annoying as they are seen as free spirits and are allowed to poop where they like but if a dog did the same you would be in trouble. They don't always bury it and it smells awful and a friend of our's little Daughter lost the sight in one eye after being in contact with cat poop in her own garden.

Found this if it's of any help
http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/gardening/unwantedvisitors/cats/catdeterrents.aspx

The Coleus canina plant didn't work for us or the CD's on sticks Rolling Eyes

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Urgh. I really am at my wits end. I can't even feed MY rabbits grass from MY GARDEN because it is COVERED in ****. Never mind let them out there.

It's disgusting!!!!

Well the barkstopper seems to work and I just stand and press it and then they shut up, we have complained to the neighbours but they just don't seem to care as they go off to work and leave their dogs to come and go as they please through a large cat flap which makes a noise as the dogs go through it.
One's a big dog and so is very loud one of our customers won't get out of his car as he has two dogs and they set them off. If we could afford it we would move back to Lancashire as we have had enough of neighbours.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:01 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Can you tell I'm in a right mood about this?! Laughing

Yes, but I was when we lived in Clifton, they bred cat's we think at the flat's next to us and we think the one's they couldn't sell they just let outside and they went feral. The cat's also use to fight a lot at night and mate and the sound was horrific and would wake you up. They sprayed all over our car wheels so it was always smelly. It was awful I even rang the council for advice and was told there was nothing we could do as they were free spirits and I said but they are free spirits that are pooping and peeing all over our garden and it's not very nice or healthy. As I had my bunnies as well to think of. All 8 house's in the Close had trouble with cat's and we were all fed up with it.

If Monroe goes in our back garden I will shout at him to get out as I don't mind him being in the front garden but I don't encourage him in the back as we have the rabbits to think of and as much as we love Monroe we don't trust him as he is still feral at the end of the day.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

I would like to apologise on behalf of cat owners! Embarassed if your garden is fenced, like sparky said, some plastic spikes are good (spiky enough that they won't walk on them, but not spiky enough that they get injured).

It is hard to stop a cat crapping where they like, especially once it's in their heads that that is where they go.

I do feel bad that 2 of mine go outside and I don't know where. I know bertie would make himself ill before he'd condescend to using a litter tray.

I don't know what else too suggest.

Sorry again from the cat owner!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:29 pm

OMG Maysie, what a nightmare. That must have been awful and I can't blame you for moving. There's only so much you can put up with. And that's shocking about the little girl losing her sight in one eye.

I also think the law is an **** when it comes to cats. Like you say, it would be a different story if it was dogs doing it.

I would do the same with Monroe. Your bunnies have to come first Smile

Sue_pawz wrote:I would like to apologise on behalf of cat owners! Embarassed if your garden is fenced, like sparky said, some plastic spikes are good (spiky enough that they won't walk on them, but not spiky enough that they get injured).

It is hard to stop a cat crapping where they like, especially once it's in their heads that that is where they go.

I do feel bad that 2 of mine go outside and I don't know where. I know bertie would make himself ill before he'd condescend to using a litter tray.

I don't know what else too suggest.

Sorry again from the cat owner!
Bless you, Sue. There's no need for you to apologise Laughing It's not your cats crapping in my garden. If it was, I'm sure you'd do what you could to prevent it. Unlike the owners of these gits.

The worst offender really is pushing his luck. If I'm upstairs and I see him about to do it, I'll shout out the window and he'll just look at you and do it anyway. And it's on my grass! It's everywhere!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Thanks, Sparky.

My neighbour has got the little **** with both a hose and a bucket of water and he still comes back.

Think I might get an Alsatian Hmmm

It needs to be consistent though, not just the occasional soaking but a guaranteed one every time. It does work eventually, between them my Humum and Mummy rid our garden of cats. Very occasionally one would creep across the top level but you should see it move if it spotted either of them Laughing

There are a few new cats around since those days though, so heaven help them if they start pooing in the top bit once Humum has it planted up Evil or Very Mad

How tall is your fence? Could you live with spikey things? They're not very pretty.

You don't need an Alsatian - let Molly at them Wink
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 am

get some catnip and throw it into next doors garden Laughing
I really have no advice hun but hope you get it sorted out Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 am

fiver wrote:get some catnip and throw it into next doors garden Laughing

That makes me think of the time we planted a catnip plant in our garden. Within 12 hours there was no trace of it ever having been there!
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:19 am

Sue_pawz wrote:
fiver wrote:get some catnip and throw it into next doors garden Laughing

That makes me think of the time we planted a catnip plant in our garden. Within 12 hours there was no trace of it ever having been there!
ROFL ROFL

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Oh dear, this sounds like a nightmare! No

I have no suggestions. Sparky's idea with the fence spikes seems the best bet to me. Or with Molly Twisted Evil Laughing

I really hope you get this sorted. It must be so aggravating Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Unfortunately I'm not home often enough to be as persistent with the water spraying as I'd need to be.

And the fence on one side of my garden is shared with the worst offenders owners Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I really feel sorry for my neighbours on the other side of us. They have 3 young children and the clean up operation before they can let them out to play must be revolting.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:38 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:I really feel sorry for my neighbours on the other side of us. They have 3 young children and the clean up operation before they can let them out to play must be revolting.

Oh gosh yes as it has to be cleaned up as it's dangerous to small children playing in a garden. Must be awful for them Sad

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:Unfortunately I'm not home often enough to be as persistent with the water spraying as I'd need to be.

And the fence on one side of my garden is shared with the worst offenders owners Hmmm

Who owns the fence?
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:44 pm

Shared I think Hmmm
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:49 pm

if the 'good side' of the fence faces you its theirs, if it faces them its yours Thumbs Up
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:49 pm

It's worth checking - you usually own one side. I think it's normally the right hand side as you stand in the street and look at the house.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:14 pm

I have cats too love but can appreciate only too well where you are coming from and I hope you come up with something which will make them desist. Apologies from this cat owner too.

Hugs

JO x

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down