Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :)

+6
NickieM
Big Ears
Zo
Sparky
Thumper2001
iiisecondcreep
10 posters

Go down

What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :) Empty What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :)

Post by iiisecondcreep Mon May 06, 2013 8:18 pm

My vet are doing the free health check and doing half price combined vaccs for the whole of may Very Happy

What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :) 946053_569137726452132_1470957888_n

Also another localish vet are having a rabbit awareness night (in connection with Fairly Beloved Rabbit Rescue) Smile

https://www.facebook.com/events/547642348612616/
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :) Empty Re: What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :)

Post by Thumper2001 Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm

That's great!! Very Happy

My vet will likely be doing naff all!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :) Empty Re: What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :)

Post by Sparky Mon May 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Ours do free bunny health checks every April anyway and a discount on the vaccine plus they have lots of literature up in the waiting room and consulting rooms Very Happy

(PS - £20 is the discounted price we pay for our vaccines anyway Razz Wink )
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Mon May 06, 2013 8:36 pm

"We are running our FREE Rabbit Awareness Nurse Clinics between May 7th and May 10th. This is a great opportunity to discuss how to keep your rabbit healthy with information on vaccinations available, how to reduce the risk of obesity (that can lead to dirty bottoms and maggots!), as well as benefits of neutering and dietary advice to promote healthy teeth and a healthy digestive system. "

Not much if you actually know how to look after your rabbit!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Mine is doing free health checks. I never take my 2 during RAW week as they see quite enough of us the rest of the year. I tend to think the spots are for the people that never go otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon May 06, 2013 9:00 pm

What are your vets doing for Rabbit Awareness Week? :) Rabbitday_1_zpsec79c4e7

This is what my local vets are doing. I'm really impressed. Sadly they don't as yet have a vet with a particular interest in rabbits but do have a "rabbit nurse" who has organised all this. I really hope they have a good turn out and it sounds wonderful. The rescues participating are Bunny Camp Sanctuary and Camp Nibble.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Our vets usually do health checks in May but they aren't mentioned on the website. Will have to give them a ring and find out if they are doing anything this year.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 06, 2013 10:20 pm

I had a letter through the post with the RAW leaflet inside inviting me to come along for a free bunny health check and asking me to pass the letter onto anyone I knew who had bunnies as they could go too, which
I thought was good. It's great to see so many vets participating!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm

My vets are also doing free health checks with the vet nurses this month Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sue_pawz Wed May 08, 2013 3:49 pm

20% off all bunny consultations, vaccs and neuters.
Sue_pawz
Sue_pawz
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2603
Registration date : 2011-08-22

http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Mine was doing a free health check, which I always take advantage of - and I normally get a nail trim then as it is so difficult to do at home, I think Nibbler can sense my apprehension about it!

I'm not too sure whether it was all worth it, the lady we saw jumped twice as much as Nibbler whenever he flinched, found it difficult looking inside his mouth so pretty much just gave up and didn't really seem to know what she was doing. I don't know whether part of that was because she wasn't the usual lady I see, but I really don't think she was rabbit savvy, or has at least had a bad experience with a rabbit, she really was very nervous! I at least know now however that I can be the calm and reassuring humum as Nibbler looked to me for help and I kept him calm cheers needless to say, a lot more of a stressful experience than usual. I hope we saw this lady because there was a serious situation going on out back (I was going to rearrange before they called us in anyway), because she really got the raw end of the stick if she was having to do the bunny health checks!
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down