Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More wildie problems.

+2
KatieB
Sixer
6 posters

Go down

More wildie problems. Empty More wildie problems.

Post by Sixer Tue May 07, 2013 2:02 pm

This morning Chris shouted me - there was a baby wild bun in Gabe's lawn run, which thankfully he had no access to at the time. The wee baby must have forced it's way through the bars to escape from Paddy who was prowling around the edge.

Whilst I lugged a narky Paddy back into the house wildie baby must have straight away squeezed it's way back through the bars and was sat further up the garden. It skittled off into the trees when I approached it.

Maybe the other wildie bun may take it on board and disappear off together. The situation is becoming a major problem now. As it was a nice day yesterday I had all the buns out in their pens on the grass. Despite Chris and I being around pulling weeds up it kept coming back into the garden despite us shooing it away.

Herbie attacked Hollie - he suffers from referred agression and Gabriel went into digging overdrive.

Worst of all BJ somehow clambered up and over a run panel before we could get to him and stop him. He then chased wildie bun who suddenly turned and attacked him. Despite Chris and I shouting they rolled around with BJ's fur flying everywhere. It only lasted a few seconds I guess but it was awful. Wildie scarpered and I grabbed BJ. He was bleeding but 'thankfully' this was due to him snapping a claw whilst climbing out. I could find no other marks on him which was a huge relief. I have checked him over again today and he appears fine.

The wildie situation is becoming a nightmare now. We are getting a quote for some concrete based fencing, it seems the only way to keep wildie out.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

More wildie problems. Empty Re: More wildie problems.

Post by KatieB Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 pm

Oh how sad it has come to this. Could wildie bun be the mummy of this baby? Could she have her nest in your garden somewhere?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Tue May 07, 2013 2:23 pm

That is a possibilty I guess Katie but I am sure it has been hanging around for a quite a while now. Much too long I think for it to have given birth fairly recently. It is just such a small bun I am sure I would have noticed if it was pregnant.
I also suspect is male due to the reactions of my boys.
We have had nests in the garden before. I was very lucky to see the babies emerge from their nest on one occasion and also saw Mum filling the nest burrow in after having been to feed them.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm

Goodness that is awful.

Wolfie used to get referred aggression when the wildies popped their noses up to the fence. Poor Gloria used to get a nip or two.

Any wildies that we had used to appear for a few weeks and then disappear again. I hope yours do too, but I think the fence is a good idea.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by dizzylynn Tue May 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Thats horrible, thankfully our garden is fully enclosed, no grass tho Sad sucks a bit, so when its nice we try to take them out the front in the pen, sit with them. Hopefully you find a way to stop them getting in.
dizzylynn
dizzylynn
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3191
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Oh, how sad that it's had to come to this Sad

I really hope the wildie makes friends with baby wildie and they scarper, for your sake and for your buns.

It must be amazing to have them that close but it's clearly causing a lot of problems xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Wed May 08, 2013 5:01 pm

that's awful i hope your crew are ok hun xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:05 pm

What is the situation with the wildie now Hun?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down