Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blanket ideas for Dougal

+2
Sparky
BugsBunny
6 posters

Go down

Blanket ideas for Dougal Empty Blanket ideas for Dougal

Post by BugsBunny Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Hi

I want to give Dougal something to cosy up in when he wants to sleep or relax. He just sleeps on the carpet at the moment as our house is a warm house so did not want him to overheat, he has a half castle we built that he sleeps under. I wanted to give him or try him with a blanket or something to snuggle into, what do people on here use? I have ordered vet bed x 2 pieces, got it for his carrier. I am hoping he forgives his carrier soon as he keeps shutting the door on it and giving it evil looks lol and will not go in it again yet. I just wondered what people use for theirs to cosy up to at night and if anybody has photos, also what about a teddy? he has small 1 in but does not bother with it, would a nice cuddly squishy 1 be good or would he just eat it.? I just thought it would be something to cuddle into for him.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Blanket ideas for Dougal Empty Re: Blanket ideas for Dougal

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:14 pm

My pair don't like squishy things - they eat them and then pee on them. Carpet does them fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:24 pm

We pee on most blankets, too Very Happy

I have one fleecy blanket which I do love and don't pee on. Humum has to fold it so it is six layers thick, or I just dig it into a pile. When it is six layers thick I lay on it like a little princess. If I am in a mood with Humum, I dig it into a pile even if it is six layers thick, then Hudad had to refold it for me before I will deign to lay on it. I so have them wrapped around my little paw Twisted Evil

My blankie is from B&M Home Bargains. My Humum says B&M nearly makes up for all the rain here in the North. Almost....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zo Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:32 pm

Sparky wrote:We pee on most blankets, too Very Happy

I have one fleecy blanket which I do love and don't pee on. Humum has to fold it so it is six layers thick, or I just dig it into a pile. When it is six layers thick I lay on it like a little princess. If I am in a mood with Humum, I dig it into a pile even if it is six layers thick, then Hudad had to refold it for me before I will deign to lay on it. I so have them wrapped around my little paw Twisted Evil

My blankie is from B&M Home Bargains. My Humum says B&M nearly makes up for all the rain here in the North. Almost....

Oh dear, best not tell Humum that B&M has made it's way down south!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:09 am

My bunnies have a couple of fleecey blankets but normally if they want to snuggle I'll find them curled up in the hay together Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 am

Some of our buns have ugli donuts the buns love them we get them from The Hare Apparent and that's our Sox in her ugli donut bottom line of photos first photo of black lionhead bunny in the green donut Very Happy 
https://sites.google.com/site/thehareapparent/ugli-donuts/fans-of-the-ugli-donut-bunnies-enjoying-their-very-own-donut

The Hare Apparent very kindly sent Helen and Baby Saint a Bunny Hugger bed after hearing the story about them and both Helen and Baby Saint snuggle up on it'

and here they are with their Bunny Hugger bottom of page.

https://sites.google.com/site/thehareapparent/bunny-hugger-bunny-beds/fans-of-the-bunny-hugger

The great thing as well all the money from the sale of the ugli donuts and bunny hugger's goes to 'Bibbles Bunny Sanctuary' Very Happy

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Molly and Junior have a strip of vet bed in their pen and they do sleep on it.

When they're free ranging in the house (which they do a lot of!) they are happy to just lie on the carpet. Or the footstool Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Thanks guys,

I got the vet bed pieces I ordered from ebay and put it in his carrier so that he will go in it again. It worked , I out them in and he was duffing it and chewing it, is it safe to keep in it in his room? he did eat a tiny bit of the fluff off it. I do not mind him putting holes in it etc, I just do not want him getting ill. He is happiest on the carpet though as he is sleeping under his half castle atm as I type this. He does like the vet bed and was binki dancing but he loves the carpet too much Laughing.

I Just wanted to try and see if he preferred it but now I know he is happiest on the carpet it is okay, I will keep an eye on him for eating the vet bed in the box but at least he is going back in it for brief moments to attack his vet bed .

I love those doughnuts, they are ace, too expensive for me atm as he has had a lot of stuff bought for him especially lately, he is very spoilt, but I will bookmark the site for the future and get him 1 in winter to try out. 1 good thing about our house is that it is a warm house, so I make sure when it is warm that his window is open, I put some of the fly mesh you can get for your windows on to stop the nasty flies getting to him, they are brill and only cost me £2. In winter if it does get the house cold enough then he can try the doughnut then.

Yes the weather up here in the north is **** and b and m and pound shop near us helps a lot. Also we are very lucky to have a brilliant pet shop that do not put items out at R.R.P , they sell them for less, they have all sorts and way cheaper than pets at home, pets at home ix expensive towards them. They are not a massive shop but the variety and prices in are amazing. I am going to see at xmas if they will get some more cardboard castles in to get Dougal another as he loved it and the price was way better than anywhere else. Surprising in this small boring town, but that is 1 of the best shops we have.Thumbs Up
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:30 pm

I don't think Dougal is hard done by Wink

You'll have to let us know where your pet shop is - Humum gets her hair cut in Darwen and loves exploring pet shops. We use Food4Paws at Feniscowles - they are brilliant, not a huge shop but reasonable prices and always get anything in for us that we need Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:05 pm

That is exactly what Harvest animal feeds is like, there's 3 nice people who own it, 2 guys and a woman and they are lovely people to talk to and will get anything you ask for. I am always asking them to get things in, prices are amazing and it an excellent pet store, I would not use any other. They all seem so expensive towards there. I do use pet-supermarket online too when I do not get chance to pop up to it and because it is cheap like harvest but other than that I use them as much as possible. You cannot go wrong for toys and treats and well anything for rabbits, dogs, cats etc etc. They sell readigrass too and in big bags , as I did not know this but noticed outside when they where taking in a delivery when my dad drove past and I was int he car that there was a big bag, they do lots of naturals stuff too and excel food etc.

The cardboard castle there was only 9.99, it is the 1 they sell everywhere else expensive, 1 of the owners said they do not believe in ripping people off, especially for cardboard and that he puts them lower than recommended retail prices too. I was talking to him a few weeks back and saying how good the shop is and without them we would be lost. I said pets at home are so expensive towards them especially for small animal toys and houses, they are extortionate but these are definitely not. I highly recommend them to you.

If I go over that way any time, I will have to check those out too, they sound good like Harvest  animal feeds.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down