Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added

+6
Big Ears
Amelia66
FluffSlave
iiisecondcreep
Thumper2001
Sparky
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added Empty A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added

Post by Sparky Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Not something Humum has ever attempted before, but so far going as well as any other bond and much easier than A Certain Little Madam.

They're tolerating each other very well. Theo has humped Reuben, who just looked a bit startled Laughing Neither has groomed the other yet, although each has groomed themselves and they both seem extremely relaxed. Theo had to sit and have a good hard think for fifteen minutes when he first went in the pen; he's not at all convinced he is either rabbit or tiger, he suspects he might be human.

Six hours or so in and Humum thinks this might just work...

Let me out! This isn't what I signed up for!

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added IMG_5892_zps1c5c503d

He is eating my noms!

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added IMG_5918_zpsd06e2c9a

And sitting on my noms!

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added IMG_5951_zps474b69f6

If I sit on them, he can't eat them.

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added IMG_5969_zpse1a3aa2b

Last edited by Sparky on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added Empty Re: A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added

Post by Guest Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Awwww Theo, you'll always be a tiger to us.

Back to top Go down

A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added Empty Re: A Bromance at the Wood Warren? video added

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:28 pm

Aww! How sweet!!

How have they got on today?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Aww I hope it works out! Love 
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:13 pm

So cute! Love

I don't recognise this bunny? Have I missed something? Shocked 
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia66 Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:24 pm

aww im glad you guys are keeping him!
Amelia66
Amelia66
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1789
Registration date : 2011-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 pm

FluffSlave wrote:So cute! Love

You have indeed!
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t23078-found-a-stray-rabbit-beardwood-blackburn?highlight=Stray
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:23 pm

It's going really well Very Happy 

They have been out to free-range around the lounge for several hours today and been completely fine. Humum has made their pen twice the size (4x4) and given them some toys and an OCI and some bunny steps they have been absolutely fascinated by.

They are both incredibly food-driven so it does get a bit barmy when the noms come. Or when they think they might come, like when Hudad got the nom bin out from under the stairs to weigh out this weeks feeds Laughing so Humum had to give them a few pellets to calm them down. She would normally free-feed for a couple of days until they settle, but can't really do that with Theo or he gets a runny bottom. Today she hand-fed them half their pellets and nearly got trampled to death Laughing She is being careful not to put food in while they are actually going barmy, but to wait until they calm down.

They would probably have been out today except the weather has been a bit inclement and Hudad has a bit to do on their quarters.

There is, as always, some video (including a Theo binky) which I'll try to get Humum to sort out tomorrow Thumbs Up
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:25 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
FluffSlave wrote:So cute! Love

You have indeed!
https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t23078-found-a-stray-rabbit-beardwood-blackburn?highlight=Stray

And the unveiling:

https://happyhoppers.forumotion.co.uk/t23127-lodger-bun-revealed
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm really pleased it's going well, I've got a big soft spot for both those bunnies/tigers or whatever they be.  They could both blend in with my crew very easily.

I've seen a lot of feedback from people that consider a male-male bond to be very successful and have believed for a long time it stands very nearly as good a chance as a male-female bond.

Edit to add: At was at an open day at Bunny Camp Sanctuary today and there was a Theo look alike who was getting a huge amount of attention and he was just spawled out having flopped and loving people cooing over him.. just such a cutie... I managed not to reserve him though Suspect 

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:18 pm

I agree with Cheryl - Theo will always be a tiger to me too!

I think this is really lovely and I hope it works out!

Guess you are officially a wood bunny now Rueben!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:05 pm

That is wonderful news that they are gettng along and how cute they both look. Theo is just a darlin.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm

I am so pleased for you love and I hope they continue to get on well together. Gorgeous buns by the way.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:01 pm

I'm so glad they're getting on still Very Happy

Sending "continue bond" vibes Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:26 pm

Big Ears wrote:Edit to add:  At was at an open day at Bunny Camp Sanctuary today and there was a Theo look alike who was getting a huge amount of attention and he was just spawled out having flopped and loving people cooing over him.. just such a cutie... I managed not to reserve him though Suspect 
How?!? Shocked 
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:37 pm

Sparky wrote:
Big Ears wrote:Edit to add:  At was at an open day at Bunny Camp Sanctuary today and there was a Theo look alike who was getting a huge amount of attention and he was just spawled out having flopped and loving people cooing over him.. just such a cutie... I managed not to reserve him though Suspect 
How?!? Shocked 
.. cause I had a limit of reserving only one Shocked Shocked 

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Love Love 

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! A new BigEars Bunny?!? Do tell! Shocked
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:38 pm

Sparky wrote:Ooooh! Ooooh! Ooooh! A new BigEars Bunny?!? Do tell! Shocked
I wasn't going to go above ten, you know how it is ... except I would if somebody very special crossed my path. Anyhow, this lop (I think mini) just came up and stared at me and he was the absolute spitting image of Artie (though he was a dwarf lop). I had spent a bit of time after losing Artie trying to find a black dwarf lop, in his honour but early on it just felt wrong, none of them just felt like they belonged, but this one even had the initial 'A', I just felt I was meant to find him.  I didn't realise how raw my emotions still were re Artie and blubbed a bit after reserving this little guy.Rolling Eyes  I think everybody there will remember me Embarassed  Anyhow, he's called 'Anakin' and he was going for the snip today as he only arrived last week.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:23 pm

Aw, how exciting Very Happy 

It's amazing how some buns are just meant to be. Humum still remembers how Poppy stared at her non-stop when they went into the rescue and were talking to Elaine, well before they knew they would be 'fostering' Poppy.

I hope his neuter went well and that he's ready to come forever-home soon Hugs 

I think we need a catch-up on your buns. With plenty of pics, of course Very Happy 

Big Ears wrote:I wasn't going to go above ten, you know how it is ...
Thumbs Up Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Some video of the boys Smile 

Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Love the video Love

Can't wait to see pics of your latest addition too, Big Ears! Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:28 am

Sparky wrote:Aw, how exciting Very Happy 

It's amazing how some buns are just meant to be. Humum still remembers how Poppy stared at her non-stop when they went into the rescue and were talking to Elaine, well before they knew they would be 'fostering' Poppy.

I hope his neuter went well and that he's ready to come forever-home soon Hugs 

I think we need a catch-up on your buns. With plenty of pics, of course Very Happy 
Thanks, and thanks Fluff Slave also.

I really do need to do a photo shoot as I realised I've hardly any photos of Barnaby, Eloise and Dinky. *hangs head in shame*.

And I'd love to view the video but daren't as my computer picked up a virus at the weekend immediately after viewing a bunny video via You Tube (don't know if there's a connection but last time I killed a computer it happened the same way). I'm now on back up computer and need it for work so daren't look at anything beyond the basics at the moment.

So as I can't watch the video, is it going really well with the boys?

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:37 pm

What an adorable video, Binky likes to walk all over me to LOL!!

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Big Ears wrote:So as I can't watch the video, is it going really well with the boys?
Fantastic Very Happy 

They get on really well, although neither of them has really groomed the other (Reuben gave Theo's head three licks the other day) they seem completely happy and content in each others company. The video includes a Theo binky, which is a rare event Laughing 

Humum would get more photos but every time she gets within range they think she might have food and race around being silly, or shove their noses in her face / the camera Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:48 pm

I'm sooo glad they are getting on well :-) lovely brilliant news :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum