Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11

+3
Sixer
KatieB
Big Ears
7 posters

Go down

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 Empty ..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11

Post by Big Ears Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:06 am

Excited, excited

Whoop. Whoop.

Despite having had 17 bunnies this is the first time I've had a bunny bonded to an existing bunny before I actually know him. Previously I've always had both bunnies at home then taken them to the rescue for bonding. So I met Anakin at the open day 3 weeks ago, took Eloise to meet him last Thursday and she's coming home with her new husband today Very Happy Very Happy 

I've been working solidly since I dropped her off so not had time to prepare the hutch and now it's raining Rolling Eyes  She's not going back in her avairy yet as it will take ages to neutralise it and I want to be sure the bond is solid before they go in there.  So they are going in the two tier hutch right by my back door so I can keep popping out to see them.  I've missed Eloise sooo much, I hope she still wants humin cuddles Love

Last edited by Big Ears on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 pm; edited 4 times in total

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 Empty Re: ..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Oh how lovely!

This will be the little chap you fell for unexpectedly??/

We will be needing pictures of course.

Welcome to your new home Anakin - you have just struck it lucky! Congratulations on your new husbun Eloise :-)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 Empty Re: ..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11

Post by Sixer Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Aah - lovely news. Looking forward to the pictures Thumbs Up 
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks. Yes he's the bunny I saw at Bunny Camp Sanctuary open day and reserved within 60 seconds of meeting him even though I had no intention of taking on another bunny!

He's taking a bit of winning over although dandelions seem to have convinced him.  I've tried to let them just get on with it but had to sort out a home made cover for the hutch, so Iwas around them for about an hour.  I've taken some blurry photos but they wouldn't stay in the same part of the hutch while I did it ... as soon as I take the camera in she grooms him solidly for about 2 minutes Rolling Eyes 

Though they haven't spent a lot of the time together, I've watched each groom the other very enthusiastically and are obviously relaxed in each others company. I'll try for some better pictures tomorrow when they've recovered from their disruption.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Oooh how exciting! Very Happy

I'm so glad they seem to have bonded well and am looking forward to pics Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:26 pm

cheers 

I'm glad he has taken to Eloise and is home Very Happy 

Looking forward to piccies...
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:43 pm

How exciting! Blessings on your new bonded bunny life Anakin and Eloise! Love 

You know we are desperate to have pics of this happy union!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:50 pm

Love Thanks all

gentl wrote:How exciting!  Blessings on your new bonded bunny life Anakin and Eloise! Love 

You know we are desperate to have pics of this happy union
!
I think the little rascals knew I wanted pictures of them together so played awkward! When I opened the hutch she went and cowered in the dark bit and he ate all the noms I put in front of them to keep them in front of the camera. Hopefully they'll be more compliant tomorrow.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Happy Dance 

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:31 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
I've just been out to give them their tea and they behaved like a proper bonded pair Happy Dance She knew it was mealtime and he quickly followed her lead with the excitment and begging.... they were shoving each others heads away from the noms but no aggression at all. I'm so relieved, it was nothing but stress when Elijah and Erin came back from bonding.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Yay! Sounds perfect and hopefully he will get a bit more confident soon! Do you know what his story is?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 pm

Katieb wrote:Yay!  Sounds perfect and hopefully he will get a bit more confident soon!  Do you know what his story is?

It's not a tear jerker at all.  He's from a good home apparently, he wasn't neutered or vaccinated but is very friendly and has been well cared for. The 'Theo-look-alike' otter mini lop that is there is from the same home, they are both 2 years old.  Anakin has been wary of me here but was a right little charmer at the open day and I'm told he's a very friendly rabbit.

Edit to add:

This is the best of the bunch of today's pictures, I'm sure I'll get them together tomorrow!

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 PICT0011
Anakin

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 PICT0017-2
Eloise, poor love must have thought I was going to put her in a carrier and take her on another scary car ride.Sad 

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 PICT0022
Just cause I've got the hang of it - This is Gracie who I haven't formally introduced yet

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:05 pm

He is gorgeous! And so are Eloise and Gracie...

Is Gracie a new recruit also?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:05 pm

How are the settling?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Today's pictures. I took a lot more but I just don't have the skill to photograph black bunnies Sad 
..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 PICT0023-3

..Collecting Anakin ... least blurry pics (!) post 11 PICT0012-3

They are settling in really well thank you. I've seen a lot of grooming, both doing the grooming.  He's very food orientated but she is tolerating him shoving her out of the way really well. I think she's about twice his size Laughing 

Gracie is a new recruit, yes. When I got her a couple of months ago I was still in a place where I couldn't say "look at my new bunny" because I only had scope for a new bunny because I'd lost Artie and it felt disrespectful. She was a 'free' bunny off Preloved. She was £30 for a few weeks and suddenly advertised for free, I couldn't bear the idea of her being snake food so went and got her. She's very soft and cuddly and she's a licker. Her previously owner obviously cared for her but didn't realise the implications of giving her away, never really asked any questions about her potential new home. Sad

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Yay! Piccies! cheers 

Anakin looks like a little sweetie Love and we're quite taken with Eloise too Love 

Gracie is a pretty girl, thank goodness you took her on Hugs 

Humum says - pesky black bunnies and cameras. If your camera has it, try continuous or burst mode. Then sometimes you get a few usable piccies out of the hundreds you'll take Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Awww - gorgeous bun buns Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:58 am

Your warren is quite wonderful!!!!  Anakin is such a handsome fella!  I'm kinda surprised they didn't name him Darth.  His lop ears sort of mimic Vader's helmet.  Awww.  He's just a little lovie! :love:He quite favors Carla's Florence.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Thank you all.

Sparky wrote:
Humum says - pesky black bunnies and cameras. If your camera has it, try continuous or burst mode. Then sometimes you get a few usable piccies out of the hundreds you'll take Laughing
My camera has lots of buttons and dials on it but I have little idea what they are for Embarassed I'm lucky to have a digital camera at all, it's my brother's cast off as he upgraded.  Sadly I had no idea it had a video function on it until over a year after I'd lost Bungee and Scabble so never had any videos of them Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

gentl wrote:Your warren is quite wonderful!!!!  Anakin is such a handsome fella!  I'm kinda surprised they didn't name him Darth.  His lop ears sort of mimic Vader's helmet.  Awww.  He's just a little lovie! :love:He quite favors Carla's Florence.
Anakin was named by his previous owners rather than the rescue, I always thought I'd change names given by previous owners.. new start and all that.  As I don't get out much I had no idea where the name came from. It was open day at the rescue when I reserved him and one of the other visitors told me who Anakin was. I was trying to find out whether Darth Vader was good or evil so I could change the name if I wanted to. I kind of got used to the name and as they put effort into naming him decided to keep it. I never realised the resemblence to Darth Vadar's helmet until you said Laughing Laughing  That is most definitely how he got his name!

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:05 pm

They are beautiful buns love.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:12 pm

Big Ears wrote:.......
Anakin was named by his previous owners rather than the rescue, I always thought I'd change names given by previous owners.. new start and all that.  As I don't get out much I had no idea where the name came from. It was open day at the rescue when I reserved him and one of the other visitors told me who Anakin was. I was trying to find out whether Darth Vader was good or evil so I could change the name if I wanted to. I kind of got used to the name and as they put effort into naming him decided to keep it. I never realised the resemblence to Darth Vadar's helmet until you said Laughing Laughing  That is most definitely how he got his name![/quote]
Some bunnies really look like their name. And Anikin AKA Darth Vader is one of them. So precious! Fiver's FiFi looks like her name too. Not that a FiFi is a specific look exactly, but the name implies a feminine fru fru look and so she really looks like a FiFi. Carla's Dougal looks like a Dougal. A bunch of us suggested that name. He just looks the part.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down