Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My other rabbits....

+3
BugsBunny
c.bolduan
Vince the bunny
7 posters

Go down

My other rabbits.... Empty My other rabbits....

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:00 am

Those that remember me from before will be aware that I had five other rabbits, the rex trio and Tilly and Herbie. I like to be honest and upfront on this forum and figured that maybe folk were wondering where they had gone?
I don't wish to delve into my personal life on a public forum but to sum up briefly I rehomed them. This wasn't done lightly and I'd been resisting since late last summer to hold on to them all. I am due for an operation this summer which will allieviate the issues I have been suffering with, and I use the word suffer because things have been awful for myself and my family. I needed to remove some pressures in all areas of my life and decided it was best for all the buns and myself if I found them new homes. I kept Vince and the girls because they were the first rabbits I took in ( they were rescue/unwanted rabbits) and Vince has been very healing for me and I feel a strong loyality towards him. I home checked the homes the others went to, and gave them loads of advice and website links to ensure the buns have the best chance in their new lives.
I miss them terribly and think about them all the time but I do get updates about them. Tilly and Herbie have been bonded with two other does and have a huge 12ft hutch and a massive garden to run in and the rex trio have a large home built wide and deep hutch and a large run.

I have been able to devote more time to Vince and the girls and have revamped their home and moved them into the rex's play house. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to to make things better, and this was one of them. They went 2 weeks ago so it is all still raw and fresh in my mind which is why I wanted to be back at here. I just felt I need to be here.

Elaine x
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

My other rabbits.... Empty Re: My other rabbits....

Post by c.bolduan Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 am

Bless you Hugs 
Lots of respect for this as to take this decision requires maturity and compassion.
Good to know that they all found new homes that suit them and it is likely to be the only comfort to you.
I feel that your work ( BRILLIANT) may help to let them move on and to allow you to be here and now.
Sending supporting vibes from us three and hugs, nose rubs and binkys
C.x

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Aww Hun,

I feel for you, beleive me I know when you are suffering and changes need to be made it can be a tough call but nobody thinks any less of you for doing so. You have to cheange yer ife sometimes and cannot always help what choices need to be made, it sounds like you miss them terribly and that they have gone to some lovely, cairng homes. You have done the right thing and a good thing.

I am glad that Vince and the girls are keeping you happy, uplifting your spirits and much respect to you for makng the choices you have, even though not easy.

Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs 

BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:00 pm

Elaine you know we are all about what is best for the buns. You obvoiusly recognised that circumstances would reduce the quality of care you could give the buns and have found good homes for them. No one is going to criticise you for your decision but we will offer lots of  Hugs for having to make it.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:13 pm

I know how difficult this decision is. I made the decision to rehome my guinea pigs due to a lack of time and whilst I miss them terribly, it has freed up more time for my other animals and puts less of a strain on me both time-wise and financially. I totally understand what you're going through Hugs

No one thinks any less of you for making what was the right decision for you and the buns. I am glad they have all found lovely new homes and I saw the piccies of Vince and the girl's set up in The Property Ladder and all I can say is lucky buns! Very Happy
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:29 pm

I'm really sorry to hear you had to rehome some of the buns but have no doubt that was the very best thing you could have done for them, despite how incredibly hard it must have been on you. I'm glad you have felt able to tell us, and to come and be with us for support  Hugs Hugs Hugs 

I hope your op sorts you out and things improve in your life. I really missed you, your guys and your amazing set-ups  Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:35 pm

Thanks guys, things have been a lot easier since the others went to their new homes, I've had more quality time with Vince and I've been able to expand their home and re create a warren type home for them. I think I will always have rabbits now, but only one group at a time.

Hopefully after the op I shall feel normal again, I tried to hold on to the buns till that time but I just couldn't. It's nice that the new owners said I can keep in touch and they send me updates so I know how they are getting on. They are getting the one to one they deserve.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:36 pm

Thanks Sparky Hugs 
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:59 pm

My heart goes out to you darling for doing this and I hoe you feel much better soon. I wll pray for you and keep everything crossed that you get well very soon. I am so glad you are able to keep in touch with them.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:47 pm

I'm sorry to hear you had to re home them hunni - but we all have to put ourselves first from time to time.

I'm glad you came back as it really is lovely to have you around.

Sending you a big hug hunni. Xxxxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down