Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie

+2
Sparky
BugsBunny
6 posters

Go down

I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie Empty I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie

Post by BugsBunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I know Cheryl that you said a few times about this carrier being great and adivsed me on it a bit back but we could not afford at the time wwith everyhting else. I have given in and convinced hudad too to get the Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie as the 1 we have, even though it was cheap is very good, spacious for Dougal and stuff but it is a pain when we go vets as we have to unclip it all and take the top completely off and then of course the door comes off and it is not the easiest thing to get back together either and rather embaressing trying to fumble around getting it together again once the vets has finsihed checking him over.

I know there's quite a few people on here and about the web that rave about these, especially for bunnies. I love your photo Cheryl of Bruce in his, it is cute.

Also this one has the added benefit of being able to fasten him in securely with a seat belt , the other I could belt up a bit but not really secure enugh and I always held the box whilst next to me on the seat in the back just be safe. I also worry that if we do not get the other one spot on it will just collapse and he will be gone.

I should get it next week, ordered it from Amazon for 29.90, so not bad really.

I did not want to spend more on anything as we have so much we need to pay out this year, including dougals insurance in April but I feel better knowing he has a much securer and fantastic carrier. I got a new piece of vet bed to put in it too.

Dougal gets so much spent on him, he costs us a fortune, he is an only bun and spoiled rotten  Laughing Laughing  but he is worth it and he is happy so I am happy. I really do need to get my booty in gear and get some photos resized and up for you all, he is such a handsome guy and he has a great many things, can take pics of his room and his other room which he allows us Hoomins to share wth him and have their hoomin furntiure and stuff in  Laughing Laughing .
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie Empty Re: I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie

Post by Sparky Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:21 pm

We have two of those. Humum thinks they are fab. I am not so keen  Wink 

Which colour did you get for Dougal? Please say pink  Twisted Evil Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie Empty Re: I got Dougal this carrier- Catit Design Cat Cabrio Carrie

Post by BugsBunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:27 pm

Glad they are great, Sparky, do you like anything that humum likes or does though? I bet if she said she hates it, then you will love it,  am I right ?  Laughing 

I had to get orange  Sad  as the other colour options on amazon for some Bizare reason where more expensive. Otherwise he could have had a pink 1, sorry to dissapoint you.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:51 pm

We have one of those for Charlie and Annie - Daisy is too little for it.

I think it's fab... :-)

I know what you mean though - bunnies are blimmin expensive!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:55 pm

I prefer the orange one - which is just as well as it's what I have too.

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:I prefer the orange one - which is just as well as it's what I have too.

I am glad I went for orange then, it does look cool on the pics, it may be big for Dougal really but at least it is safe and he has a lot of room then. Also the idea being the same as the other and keeping it open in his room, he may decide to go in this 1 much more or be more inclined, he may cosy up in it too or maybe not but at least if we do what we are doing with his old 1 then he may take to it.

Thing is we stopped training him to go in it and he was doing well, now when you say goin the carrier he wont and my dad when we go vets has to scoop him up and put him in the box, he hates being picked up, I can not yet manage but he does not get stressed that much now going in carrier, car, vets and back home. He used to just hide and not eat and drink all day, now he runs out, still comes to me and my dad even though he picked him up and he eats and drinks right away. Huge difference, I have lapsed in slowly working on picking hm up too with looking after Ste and mainly with keep fogetting and feeling off a lot myself but I am starting again from tommorrow.

I hope he likes the carrier anyway.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:08 am

I don't think there's a hopper bun about that isn't spoiled! Dougal's a lucky boy Very Happy

I think my vet summed it up brilliantly when I was there once and Willow's vet's bill was shocking. She just said "I always tell people, if you're not rich, don't keep rabbits" Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:36 am

That is so true  Laughing Laughing Laughing , well we are not rich but he always gets the best and I know all the hopper rabbits on here do. Our spoiled little fluffs.

I do feel rather guilty at times not having a wifey bunny for him but we cannot realistically affor to keep 2 and he seems so happy and vet said he looks healthy. I always give him tons of time, more time than with my poor hubby who of which I care for , poor Ste. If we could not spend enough time with him or he ever seemed like he needed a companion then we would but as long as he is taken care of and gets everything he needs. He is such a happy sweet boy.

I would not have gone for pink really either, I was just joking with cheeky Spraky bun. I do not like pink and cannot imagine my dad offering to hold the carrier if it was  Laughing Laughing , plus dougie says he is a man bun and it is not funny. He would not go in it if it was pink.

But it would have been funny and especially watching my dad hold a pink carrier.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:12 pm

I love the Catit Cabrio carriers. My brother always succeeds in breaking them, which usually makes me really annoyed, as he broke my favourite one a couple of years ago. We now have a Ferplast one with an opening top which i got for £10. It was supposed to be £40, but i had vouchers for Pets at Home, so it was a really good price. ...Its sods law that my brother hasnt broken that one. I was hoping he would when i saw the cabrio ones Laughing I cant justify paying that amount of money until mine breaks. Theyre like bunny space ships, i love them! Very Happy
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:52 pm

We're not rich either BugsBunny, just bankrupt thanks to them instead Wink Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Aha, with 2 cats of who one is coming in at whopping 7.5 kilograms my last carrier broke.
Bunnies being spoiled have their own each
Ordered one for the cat mainly, but consider using them for Bunnies too, after cleaning of course.
Will both Bunnies fit in? Wait and see.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:07 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:I love the Catit Cabrio carriers. My brother always succeeds in breaking them, which usually makes me really annoyed, as he broke my favourite one a couple of years ago. We now have a Ferplast one with an opening top which i got for £10. It was supposed to be £40, but i had vouchers for Pets at Home, so it was a really good price. ...Its sods law that my brother hasnt broken that one. I was hoping he would when i saw the cabrio ones :lol:I cant justify paying that amount of money until mine breaks. Theyre like bunny space ships, i love them! Very Happy

Brothers are such a pain, why do guys have to be so heavy handed and rough? althought saying that my Hubby is not at all like that, in fact I break things more than he does  Laughing . But your brother sounds like my younger brother, he used to be murder for breakingg things.

wow that is a god bargain, bet it is a good 1 being ferplast too, 5 of Gimlis cages where ferplast and 2 wheel cage compartmens ( he had 15 cages total) all connected up by tubest etc, took me hours to clean them all once a week. tbh we could have done without the costs but just want him safer and for easier time at the vets not having to mess dismantling then struggling putting the 1 we have together. It was only £14 and good size for him and stuff but not ideal as a main 1 for long term, well I suppose it could be but feel this is the best choice. I hope your brother breaks your ferplast 1 soon so you can justify splashing out on a carbio  Laughing  Laughing . If I see a bargain price on any, which would just be my luck now I have purchased 1 at £29.90, I will let you know. They do look awesome on the pictures but never actually physically seen 1 as of yet but I know hoppers are mad on them. Quite excited about getting it now, although I dunno why as I do not plan on nor want to have to take him to the vets often, hoping he stays healthy and fine. I am so sad, I am excited over a blinking carrier  Laughing .

As you can tell, our little Gim who was a tiny dwarf hammie was also a spoiled only brat too, he had the room Dougal has now and Sparky's mum will tell you although it is a small human room it is a fare size for Dougal, and gim had cages then basically almsot filled the whole room. Dougal has all upstairs now, has since we trunked it and bunny proofed it, my younger brother always says I cant beleive this sweet 1 bun has all this space and so many things, then he said well not surprising with what Gim had. I used to call gims lot Gim mansion or palace.

Dougal is a lone King so he will fit in no problem hun , his little luxury pad to travel in. Your buns and cats sound very spoiled indeed. I think  our hopper bunnies and other pets get more treats and money spent on them over all for everyhting than us hoomins do. We also got a massive box of hay from hay experts, I prefer to buy in bulk then although a costly 1 payment it is cheaper and that fact that you do not have to worry about running out any time soon than buying smaller boxes or bags. They did not have the 25lb box so had to go for 50lb  Laughing  Laughing , wil last him forever, my dad walked in when we got it and said " have you got enough hay for Dougal". I used to buy 4.5kg bags but I know hay is better in boxes, trouble is we have nowehre to put it so it is in the ilving room open to keep ari to it. I swear he has had a ton spent on him and I am surprised we have any money left, we have a lot to save for too, hudads modules for uni and holiday. I think we need to win some money. We are not that lucky though. I seriously need to save now though, apart from topping up his herbs when he runs out and treats that is his lot for a while ( until I see something he will like ), I bet hudad dreads me going out with the cash cards. It all goes on Dougie though, barely buy etw for me and ste.

I hope you do not thiink I am bragging bte, definately not, I am not like that and as said not rich, just know that all your buns are the same and what you lot spend on and do for them.

I think both bunnies will fit in snug as a bug btw.  Hugs  Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:52 am

Yeepieee.
Carrier just got delivered and assembled .
Looks great, got the orange one.
Moggie is having fun with the packaging
And I go and see the bunnies for a bit Wink 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:16 am

Mine came too, about an hour ago, still in box yet as Dougal demanded attention. He is so cute and loves his humum. He came flying at me , I went back to bed til 10am, fed him at 9. He was thrilled to see me up again. He folllows me evrywhere , apart from downstairs, he is sat at side of my chair now. Super cute.

I will assembe Dougies at dinner when I go back downstairs, ours is orange too, can't wait to get it together and in his room, see how he reacts. I may do it before din, depends, shattered as really been struggling sleeping lately, that is why I tried getting back to sleep and hudad is having a lot of problems atm, he is getting worse.

BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:37 am

Don't know what's wrong with hudad but can you get some respite carers?
You will have to keep your strength up and need some rest for yourself.
German saying:you can't pull anything out of a naked man pocket! Hugs Hugs Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down