Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jelly and Pebbles

+4
BugsBunny
Sixer
KatieB
SarahJane
8 posters

Go down

Jelly and Pebbles  Empty Jelly and Pebbles

Post by SarahJane Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:12 pm

I can't cope with Jelly and Pebbles. I just got really angry at Pebbles (not TO her I will at, just so frustrated that I burst into tears) I got Jelly out to put in the run (they have a hutch and run combo and a run on the grass), and i couldnt get Pebbles. She just kept running away from me, and i was banging myself on the hutch, crawled into the run and was in agony. I've just had a mini breakdown over it, and came indoors in floods of tears! I cleaned them out thoroughly and in the night theyve tipped out both litter trays and its vile in there. So I have to do it again today, when today is normally the day in between.

I am so fed up, I cant cope with it anymore. We have bought a shed so it's easier for me, but I can't put it up myself and my mum has broken her wrist and will have a cast on for 8 weeks (2 in a soft cast).

I don't know what to do. Sad

I will ask someone if I can pay them to put it up I think!
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Jelly and Pebbles  Empty Re: Jelly and Pebbles

Post by KatieB Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Oh hunni - I wish I was nearer cos then I could pop round and help.

What about your brother? Could he help with the shed?

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:51 pm

He probably would help if I paid him, but I cant bring myself to pay him when he is now doing temping work and still not paying anything. If he helps me, I'd happily treat him to dinner or something but i cant put money in his pocket, i just cant. Plus i think family should help each other!

If I have to pay someone I will, i just cant keep carrying on like this.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:20 pm

Huge hugs SJ. Maybe you can find an 'odd-job man' who would put the shed up for you? Or maybe a local shed/fencing company would do it.

Rosie reduced me to tears a couple of weeks ago, on the day that Herbie was so very ill at the vets. I was running late for work after going to the vets and was trying to change the litter trays quickly. I hadn't penned her shed off properly as I was rushing so she had escaped from the decking and was free ranging in the garden. For once she absolutely refused to go back up to the shed and kept jumping in and out and hiding under the bush I cannot access.

I got more and more frustrated and ended up sat on the grass, wet through, bawling my eyes out. I am sure the neighbours must think I have lost the plot if they witnessed this.

I hope the image of me having a tantrum in the back garden makes you smile a wee bit.

Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:04 pm

I am so sorry hun. I would pop round and help too if lived near you.

I think your brother should do it for free since you are family, we do things for each other all the time in mine and no payment is expected. Maybe if you asked him and tell him you are struggling and you would appreciate it and as you said make him din or something if you feel you need to sweeten it for him then do that ,but he may surprise you and not expect anything in return. Sometimes people do surprise you and he may be more than happy to help you, even if he does not let on that he does. Wink . Failing that then look for  an odd job man or see if your mum asks your brother, would he do it if he thinks it is for her.?

I know how it feels when you are trying to catch a bun that does not want to be picked up etc, I have one, thankfully my dad is good at getting him when I need him to, he does not like this but he manages, I am not confident enough as I always think I will hurt him or something. But he is brilliant otherwise so I cannot complain. When you have the problems you do it cannot be easy, especially doing it on your own. I hope they start to behave soon and that tings get easier for you, I feel awful for you and wish I could do something to help you.

You need someone to help you with cleaning the buns etc, would be much better for you, we all break down at some point when we are in pain, fed up, tired and tested. I myself have done this too. I know it is hard for you with your pain too  Sad .

Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs  for you and hope things pick up for you soon.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:40 pm

If you can cover fuel, I'm happy to pop down and put the shed up for you Thumbs Up It would be nice to meet Domino, Jelly and Pebbles in the fur Smile Smile 
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Thanks everyone - I am going to say to my brother that I really could do with his help and see if he will offer to help, as lovely as that would be FJ I just can't expect people to come from so far , it doesn't seem worth your time, theres a lovely odd job man who helps the old ladies in our road and hes £60 for the whole day so I could ask him, plus some people off a facebook bunny group have offered too, so Im sure il manage it one way or another.

I just felt so frustrated earlier, I almost don't want to put the shed up because I am looking for somewhere else to live but i cant look after them properly like this, so its going to have to go up, and hopefully it will come down again. Finding a reasonable priced flat in this area is tough so it could take me months, so i need to get this up to be honest.

I can't cut Jellys claws either, they are so thick and tough and i don't have the strength so im going to pop her along to the vet to get them to have a go.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:36 pm

I think we all get day's like that when we get down and have a good cry. Rosie and Murphy trash their bed every day and the other day it was so bad I found myself in tears and thinking 'why bother' but I think I was that way out, when you are not feeling well or tired I think it's easy to get upset.

I'm glad you have someone in mind to help with the shed it will be a lot easier for you when it's up and in use xxxx  Hugs 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:01 pm

Thanks Maysie. I felt so rotten afterwards, I was so fed up at Pebbles because I scooped up Jelly very easily and then Pebbles was just running to the back of the run, and I wanted to put her out on the grass with Jelly and of course they dont understand how much pain Im in. I did get them eventually, and they were binkying all in the grass run so it was lovely, but just so stressful too.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 pm

I am so glad you have found a solution hun. Hope you get it sorted out soon then.

Ye they have no idea the stress and sadness they can cause when you are in pain, I am sure they where non the wiser and sounds like they had fun afterwards. I am sure if they knew you where in pain they would have behaved, I am sure Dougal senses when I am down or feeling bad as he acts even sweeter and as if he is keeping an eye on me, other night I had a horrid migraine, still do not feel well and right 2 days on and he let me go to bed at 8pm, which for me is very early. I just needed to rest, he hopped off to his room and I didn't hear a peep from him until 8:30 day after. He also kept looking at me as if he knew, it was so cute. I am sure he can read my mind  Laughing  Shocked .

I hope you find a flat soon too.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:07 pm

It doesn't rain it pours.
Oh SJ I wish I could be of practical help.
You are so to be admired and surely the buns know this too.
They are savvy.
Sending you vibes. Hold on, get through and general Strenght.
We have got a saying in Germany. Just keep focus on the next 200 yards and miles of your journey will come at ease.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:24 pm

I wish I could help you too sweets I can so understand the tears of frustration. Lots of comforts coming.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down