Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops.

+3
c.bolduan
Sixer
Tuckerbunnies
7 posters

Go down

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Empty The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops.

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 08, 2014 3:56 am

The Mother and Daughter French Lops are now at one of Animal Krackers foster homes, one of the females also needs the same eye surgery as Goliath the other male French lop who has to have surgery as his eyelashes are curling inwards . In fact Goliath's eyes are very bad and very red and sore, he has eye drops at the moment till he goes for surgery.

Mother and Daughter.
The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. MotherampDaughterFrenchLop

Goliath ( named by Animal Krackers) the other male lop is here with us for now and he's a big friendly boy who we adore and who we would love to keep, Mike loves big bunnies and is in his element but we just have nowhere for him to permanently go, we would need another shed and build a walk in run on for him but at the moment we sadly can't afford another shed as we have such huge vet bills, but for now we are giving him lots of love and spoiling him

Here is Goliath.
The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath001

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath004

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath005

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath008

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath009

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath023

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath027

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath028

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Goliath029

We had a CCtv camera set up on him in the boarding shed which we can see in the house, we have this if we have sick bunnies boarding with us or we need to keep an eye on one and 2:00am in the morning we were stood looking at him and he was flat out on the vet bed really outstretched fast asleep and we thought I bet that's the fist time he has been able to stretch out to sleep like that.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Empty Re: The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops.

Post by Sixer Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 am

Thank goodness they are all now safe - these poor bunnies must be very uncomfortable with their eye conditions.

They are very lucky and so beautiful. Goliath is much larger than I expected  Shocked They must all feel better for being able to move around and stretch out. I tried to interest my vet in Horwich in Goliath, the last time I saw her she told me that she was hankering after a French lop. I have spoken to her but sadly she is not in a position to have another rabbit just yet.

I would love to be able to magic you a shed from somewhere Maysie xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Empty Re: The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops.

Post by c.bolduan Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am

Oh you two, heartfelt thanks for being the way you are.
Can I help in any way? Hugs Hugs Hugs 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu May 08, 2014 11:09 am

I am so glad these poor babies are out of that awful situation. To think of how they must have suffered just makes me feel sick Sad

Goliath is beautiful and I know he is going to blossom whilst under your's and Mike's care. I bet he thinks he's in absolute heaven with you guys! Very Happy

Thank you so much for helping him and the others. You're amazing people Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu May 08, 2014 11:24 am

Goliath is SUCH a handsome fella!  I didn't realize French lops were so big.  If When I win the lottery next week i'll send you a shed state of the art 'Pud's Cabin'.

You 2 are miracle workers. I'm glad you have him even if it is only a bit. I hope youcan keep him.  Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Empty Latest on The lops

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 08, 2014 4:50 pm

If we can find an affordable reasonable priced shed we are thinking of keeping Goliath the French Lop. Mike loves big bunnies and he lost his Continental Cross Tia last year and he was devastated and misses her, I can see already the relationship growing between him and Goliath. We watched Goliath again last night on the CCTV ( it's better than watching television) and he was fast asleep and he awoke and had some pellets and then did a 'happy jump' and flopped down again and I think that's when we realised we just couldn't let him go. He's a big bunny and he has problems he's not going to be easy to rehome and he needs a shed not a hutch and lots of space and lots and lots of love and we can provide all that hopefully. So I have asked the rescue if he can stop here with us. Very Happy 

Of course the name is going if we keep him as he's not use to it  Smile 

The Mother and Daughter French Lops are now with a fosterer who is fostering them long-term till they find a new home and she will let them free range as much as possible .

Seemingly all 4 lops had no names, the one that died I have found out was named Hercules for registering at the vets but I think you will agree 'Gorgeous' suits him better I have also found out that he was so bad with urine scald that there was no fur whatsoever on his back legs  Crying or Very sad  I don't think these lops had ever been out their prison cells .  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu May 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

I had a suspicion that Goliath may not be going anywhere  Wink Thumbs Up 

I am so happy for you all xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu May 08, 2014 6:06 pm

Oh Mayise I am so happy you and Mike get to keep him as he is Gorgeous and he deserves a good home and the proper care he deserves and all bunnies do. With you and Mike he will get infinite amount of love, care, everything, as you 2 are wonderful hoomins, not a lot in this world but you 2 are in the list of wonderful and exceptional for doing what you do.

You can see from the photos he looks happy and how sore his poor eyes are, bless him, I just want to hug him. They all must feel like they have landed in paradise, each having space and proper care and now Goliath has a chance of such a wonderful rest of life and let's hope a long one. It makes me happy when there's a lovely ending to such a horrible and sad story, I know one of them was lost and died but at least the others made it and it is a fantastic result considering it could have been so much worse.

I bet Mike is over the moon he gets to keep him, sounds like he is well bonding with him. Will you eventually put him with a female once a lot of his major problems are sorted or does he have to be on his own due to how bad he got etc.? Either way I am sure he just majorly happy to be out of an awful prison cell, proper food and hay etc, bless him.

Happy Dance  Happy Dance  Happy Dance  Hugs  Hugs  Hugs
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu May 08, 2014 6:15 pm

Tuckerbunnies! New addition! cheers Happy Dance cheers Love Laughing Wave Wave Hugs Hugs Happy Dance cheers 
I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, well done boy whatever your name may be, you have found the pawfect home and two hoomins that will make up for anything that happened so far in your life.
Just amazing.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu May 08, 2014 7:40 pm

You are absolutey marvellous and what gorgeous buns. I love that teddy bear face which I would love to nuzzle and kiss LOL

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

We have decided to call Goliath...Churchill as he riminds us of the bulldog in the Churchill adverts

What do you think? do you like it?

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Thu May 08, 2014 8:13 pm

Cool, do you think he can sort you out some cheap car insurance?
If not you will just have to give treats, cuddles and all else to a truly amazing bunny! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
I'm so happy for all of you!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:We have decided to call Goliath...Churchill as he riminds us of the bulldog in the Churchill adverts

What do you think? do you like it?

I think churchill is very fitting and he suits it. Very happy for you both and for lucky churchill being rescued by an amazing couple.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri May 09, 2014 8:17 am

A very fitting name  Very Happy I am just so thrilled he is staying with you and Mike  Happy Dance cheers Happy Dance cheers Happy Dance 
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 09, 2014 7:05 pm

This is good news love, I do love happy posts. I think Churchill is a great name but as for the Churchill adverts, they give me the screaming eebie-jeebies!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

The Latest on the three giant rescued French Lops. Empty German try's English language joke

Post by c.bolduan Fri May 09, 2014 7:08 pm

jolovesbunnies wrote:This is good news love, I do love happy posts.  I think Churchill is a great name but as for the Churchill adverts, they give me the screaming eebie-jeebies!!

Hugs
Jo xx

Churchill is a most suitable name for him, and I was trying to do alittle joke about it. No offence to anyone please! Wave No Wink Embarassed 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sat May 10, 2014 1:58 am

I knew it! Churchill Tucker(bunny)...Welcome to Hopperdom!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance cheers cheers cheers cheers Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance cheers cheers cheers cheers 
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down