Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flopsy - 2 photos

5 posters

Go down

Flopsy - 2 photos Empty Flopsy - 2 photos

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:17 am

Hi Happyhoppers! I thought I would update you all on Flopsy as I haven't in a little while. I'm sorry for not being very active on here, I have been resitting my GCSES this year, my last two exams are next monday and friday which are Maths. I will be doing lots of revision this weekend and during the week. It is good as I don't get study leave being at a college which means lots of revision and preparation time. We have done lots of past papers so am very familiar with them. I so hope I pass. After next friday I will be a lot more active on here and commenting on posts.

Flopsy is doing well at the moment, he is a stable 1.72kg. Ideally I would like to get him to 1.8/1.9kg but we will see how it goes. A stable weight is obviously a lot better than a rapidly decreasing weight. As you can probably see from the first photo, the fur around flopsy's eye is matted where it had been watering. We will be getting some flat ended baby scissors this weekend and will try and carefully cut it off. I don't understand why it is still running despite him having a dental a few weeks ago?  Hmmm  he seems ok otherwise. His fur has bleached a bit in the sun. I am thinking about discussing with John whether he would think it would be worth trying Flopsy on tramadol as he is a bit unsteady on his feet despite metacam and joint supplements.

Have any of you have/had bunnies on tramadol as well as metacam and noticed an improvement with their movement?

Anyway here are the photo's of him, they are not great as I took them on my phone and it is the early morning. I am crazy I know.  Laughing 
Flopsy does not look overly amused by the hay, Lily sure was though.  

Flopsy - 2 photos 14363120775_13c0a212f0

Flopsy - 2 photos 14383304553_0ea931624d
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Flopsy - 2 photos Empty Re: Flopsy - 2 photos

Post by c.bolduan Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:31 am

Lovely Pics. Love Wave 
I have checked out the cottontail website as I consider to get in touch with some rescues to see whether there is a chance to find a hunbun for coffee after the events here.
I have seen that they give bonding advice and they seem very good. Who would I best speak to?
Good luck for all of your exames, sure you will be fine! Thumbs Up Very Happy 

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Gorgeous photos hun, I love that little "don't mess with me face" LOL!!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Aww Flopsy looks quite well there Jack and that's not a bad weight for him. His eye could be a bit of her fur in it or he could have blocked tear duct's.

We have never had a rabbit on Tramadol so I can't advise you there Jack I'm sorry but I'm sure someone will have, I think our vet Honor has used it on rabbits
and apparently it doesn't effect rabbits like it does humans that's all I know.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:51 pm

How lovely to see him.

Both Charlie and Annie are on Tramadol to help with pain - I must say though that neither of them have ever been unsteady.

It can space some buns out so it depends why flopsy is unsteady cos it might not help him - but john will give you the very best advice.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down