Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1

+4
jolovesbunnies
Sparky
c.bolduan
Thumper2001
8 posters

Go down

Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 Empty Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:46 pm

Hopefully we'll only need 1 phase Laughing

She's driving me up the wall chewing/pulling at the carpet again No She's bored, I know. Needs a challenge or a change or something, so I'm on a mission to sort her out!

They have their castle in the living room already but it's not been cutting the mustard so I had already given them a cardboard box. Novelty has obviously worn off, so I've cut one of the longer sides off it and made them their own little sofa/digging spot. I've put it under the baby's jumperoo, where she's doing the vast majority of her digging.

She seems pleased with it Very Happy
Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 8B1D7728-555D-4FA4-A66A-01781B167C4E_zps4bntj677

Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 EE14DDE4-7F31-4FC1-B0F9-4D86D3AD1C5F_zpsfqklohiu

Even Junior has been having a go!
Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 58781948-159C-4BF8-97FE-9002AA2327C8_zpsozp36u6t

With the bit I cut off I made these Very Happy Laughing
Sorry, it's fuzzy! I didn't notice until it had uploaded Sad So far they've been ignored but I'm sure they'll have a go at them at some point. I'm going to put a few of the smaller ones in their pen.

Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 EE88608C-D142-4BA1-9918-73E4E6BA62E4_zpstcbbt7vh

Other than under the Jumperoo, the only time she's carpet pulling is when Junior is lying down and she wants him to get up, so she pulls the carpet under him No She just did it a few minutes ago so I've sprinkled some plantain in the litter tray and they're both now having a good rake around in there.

I. Will. Not. Let. Her. Wear. Me. Down. Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 Empty Re: Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1

Post by c.bolduan Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:16 am

Stubborn is the other word for this! Love it all especially what you did with the cut off. Ours usually get used for fire lighters. Thumbs Up Wave

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1 Empty Re: Operation Occupy Miss Molly - phase 1

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:09 pm

Don't forget to take toys away at times then give them back later. Us rabbits have a very short attention span and forget we ever had them Embarassed A selection which can be swapped around is fab.

Reuben has two absolute favourite toys at the moment. One is two large yogurt pots, with a hole punched in the side of each and threaded onto the ends of a wooden stick, dumb-bell fashion. He can pick it up, throw it around, box it etc. He never gets bored of this Thumbs Up

He also has a bit of paper. It's the end of a sheet of thin card which was rolled up. Humum used most of it to wrap around a parcel, then gave Reuben the curly offcut - about 3"wide by about 3' long but in a spiral from where it was rolled up. Apparently this is also tremendous fun.

Thumper2001 wrote:I. Will. Not. Let. Her. Wear. Me. Down. Laughing
*Puts a fiver on Molly for a straight win* Laughing
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Holly doesn't seem to like toys very much but when it comes to chewing things she shouldn't, that is totally different. I think I am going to buy her a treat finder for Christmas. If food is involved, it maybe go down really well.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:39 pm

Sparky wrote:Don't forget to take toys away at times then give them back later. Us rabbits have a very short attention span and forget we ever had them Embarassed A selection which can be swapped around is fab.

Reuben has two absolute favourite toys at the moment. One is two large yogurt pots, with a hole punched in the side of each and threaded onto the ends of a wooden stick, dumb-bell fashion. He can pick it up, throw it around, box it etc. He never gets bored of this Thumbs Up

He also has a bit of paper. It's the end of a sheet of thin card which was rolled up. Humum used most of it to wrap around a parcel, then gave Reuben the curly offcut - about 3"wide by about 3' long but in a spiral from where it was rolled up. Apparently this is also tremendous fun.

Thumper2001 wrote:I. Will. Not. Let. Her. Wear. Me. Down. Laughing
*Puts a fiver on Molly for a straight win* Laughing
BIB, well reminded Thumbs Up

I was looking for a bit of paper to scrunch up but I must have got distracted Hmmm Must find one!

Thanks for the other suggestions!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Little Miss Molly-Moo has been not too bad at all Very Happy

The sofa thing I made takes a regular beating but that's fine with me.

I've put them to bed early and just painted the chewed skirting boards. This will be a test for them both. Junior loves a skirting board more than Molly.

We'll see! It was badly needing done. I was too embarrassed to invite the other mums round but now I can Smile

Please be good!!!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:46 pm

I. Will. Not. Let. Her. Wear. Me. Down. Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Good golly, Miss Molly. You are a handful Laughing But look how shiny her coat is in the third picture. Stunning Love

Chill and chew mats are going down well with mine at the moment. I have also filled boxes with straw to put in the sheds for the bunnies to snuggle into to keep warm. This has kept them very busy pushing the straw out through the entrance holes and rearranging it elsewhere as they see fit. At least I have tried to give them some snuggle boxes, even if they are not remotely interested in using them as such Rolling Eyes
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:56 pm

I am rubbish with ideas.... Whatever I do is ignored by all in my house. Lol
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:46 pm

I know that feeling love, one word from me and every one just does as they like LOL!! Holly is naughty for digging and chewing the sofa and even though we have protective covers on it, she manages to chew through them. She has toys and things to keep her occupied but chewing something of mum's and dad's cannot be beaten Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 am

I hope she doesnt go under there when Noah is jumperooing Laughing ... They have no idea the lengths we go to, do they!? It looks cosy under there, I bet Dolly would love trashing it. Fingers crossed it keeps her amused!!

I remember when Marley and Dolly were indoors, one of their favourite toys was a shallow-ish box, full of rolle, twisted and screwed up newspaper, cardboard pieces, toilet roll tubes, balls, and rings and they had a whale of a time in it. They would bury their heads in it to try to find the treats and herbs that were always at the bottom! Laughing Pretty much like a bunny bobbing game!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 am

I hope she doesnt go under there when Noah is jumperooing Laughing ... They have no idea the lengths we go to, do they!? It looks cosy under there, I bet Dolly would love trashing it. Fingers crossed it keeps her amused!!

I remember when Marley and Dolly were indoors, one of their favourite toys was a shallow-ish box, full of rolle, twisted and screwed up newspaper, cardboard pieces, toilet roll tubes, balls, and rings and they had a whale of a time in it. They would bury their heads in it to try to find the treats and herbs that were always at the bottom! Laughing Pretty much like a bunny bobbing game!
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:10 pm

Cardboard tubes and paper I find are hard to beat. I am hoping to get something nice for Holly this year, perhaps a new treat finder.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:59 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:I hope she doesnt go under there when Noah is jumperooing Laughing ... They have no idea the lengths we go to, do they!? It looks cosy under there, I bet Dolly would love trashing it. Fingers crossed it keeps her amused!!

She used to sit under there when he was in it Shocked Brave bunny. I once changed the batteries with him in it and got kicked in the head several times when the music started in Laughing Shes faster than me tho lol.

He's rarely in it these days tho. Now he's on the move it's one of the last places he wants to be. I should really pack it away and replace it with a Christmas tree Rolling Eyes

I'm going to make a box like that when they're bored of the "sofa"! Thanks Very Happy
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:44 pm

I am hoping to buy Holly a treat finding toy. We have a lovely big cardboard box which Paul has cut out and made rabbit play-friendly but she doesn't bother with it, she too prefere the sofa LOL!!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down