Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am really sick of the slugs!

+6
KathyT
Sixer
Josephine
BavBun
Laura
coco
10 posters

Go down

I am really sick of the slugs! Empty I am really sick of the slugs!

Post by coco Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:11 pm

Its disgusting, always seem to end up worming themselves in the buns food and water bowl. its sick! i cant face to kill them, so i chuck them outside, but I need a slug repellent, that isnt toxic to the buns! any help please?!
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

I am really sick of the slugs! Empty Re: I am really sick of the slugs!

Post by Laura Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:22 pm

I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3

sorry, no help here I'm afraid!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BavBun Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:33 pm

Somewhere in our garden shed, I have an anti slug and snail tape. It has copper in it and you put it around flower pots and other areas. The slugs won't cross this barrier (at least the description says so). I have not tried it so far, but if you put that around the legs of your hutch, it may help.

I just looked on ebay, and found lots of ads for it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLUG-TAPE-COPPER-BARRIER-SNAIL-REPELLENT-TAPE-30MM_W0QQitemZ360087025126QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360087025126&_trkparms=72%3A1089%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

BavBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:37 pm

at least it will spare their lives! Will order it I think, thanks alot for that! Very Happy
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:44 pm

I have'nt had as much of a problem since the buns moved into the shed, but when they were in their hutch and run combo, I encountered the disgusting little horrors many times. OOOOh the number of times I put my hand into the hutch on a dark night only to find a slimy, disgusting slug under my fingers as I grasped the food bowl. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! pale
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by BavBun Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:46 pm

I have a lot of slugs in the garden, but have never found any in the hutches. Maybe they think my plants are yummy enough and ignore the bunny pellets. I have a small type of water mint, which grows at the edge of our pond, which seems to be a slug favourite. Almost every night I pick one off that plant.

BavBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:53 pm

Enough you horrible lot!

All slug threads should be banned Very Happy
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BavBun Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:55 pm

Sixer wrote:Enough you horrible lot!

All slug threads should be banned Very Happy

But so should photos of dog bottoms! Laughing

BavBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:25 am

Ick! Horrid things! I'm sick of them too - and snails. Every time I go out to put the chickens in at the moment there's just this permanent crunching noise!

Lemons apparently discourage them.
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:43 am

I don't mind them, there's a few on my balcony at night, but they're no worry unless I stand on one, which I try not to do Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:17 pm

Laura wrote:I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3

\so helpful Laughing

Love this smiley though!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca6 Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:30 pm

BavBun wrote:Somewhere in our garden shed, I have an anti slug and snail tape. It has copper in it and you put it around flower pots and other areas. The slugs won't cross this barrier (at least the description says so). I have not tried it so far, but if you put that around the legs of your hutch, it may help.

I just looked on ebay, and found lots of ads for it:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLUG-TAPE-COPPER-BARRIER-SNAIL-REPELLENT-TAPE-30MM_W0QQitemZ360087025126QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360087025126&_trkparms=72%3A1089%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I've used this - got some from Lakeland a few years ago for my strawberry plant pots. All I can say is that the pots where it ran out got completely decimated by slugs and snails, the pots that had it on were left alone completely. Fantastic stuff.

I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3 I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3 I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3 I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3 I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3 I am really sick of the slugs! Slug3
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738

Back to top Go down

Post by AlisonA Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:50 pm

I find that growing onion and garlic nearby deters slugs, the lettuces I planted near the onions & garlic were completely untouched - the ones elsewhere were decimated!

AlisonA
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum