Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got up this morning ...

4 posters

Go down

Got up this morning ... Empty Got up this morning ...

Post by woodwench Tue May 26, 2015 10:49 pm

I'm busy decorating the dining room this week and Henry is loving it, there are so many things to investigate, cupboards to explore in and chairs and stools to play hide under. I'm still letting him free roam all the time and that includes when I'm in bed. I make sure all potentially leathal and naughty things are packed away so he is safe.
He is enjoying himself incredibly and I've lost count of the binkies. Then this morning I got up and couldn't find him anywhere....
The first things I do every morning (after visiting the loo) is open all the downstairs curtains; fuss Henners; take my tablets then go to have a strip wash (bath time is at bed time). Today I hunted through the dining room, the sitting room, the utility room and even the kitchen though he never goes there. I called and searched .... and began to panic. Then I heard some strange scrabling noises coming from the direction of the bathroom ... there was Henry, safe, but grumpy, stuck in the bath!
He must have jumped in over the side and been too scared to jump out again. How long he'd been in there I don't know. Not too long I'm sure for he wasn't cold or distressed .... just VERY grumpy (emarassed I'm guessing). From now on the bathroom door stays closed every night.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Got up this morning ... Empty Re: Got up this morning ...

Post by Thumper2001 Wed May 27, 2015 6:44 pm

Bless him Laughing

I don't know why rabbits like bathrooms so much! Molly quite often goes into ours, she has even been found standing on top of toilet a few times!

Lids always down in this house!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed May 27, 2015 7:50 pm

I am sorry love I know it isn't funny but I had to chuckle. Poor little chap. If there was ever an embarrassing situation for a bun, I think this would be it Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed May 27, 2015 10:23 pm

Thumper: maybe every woman with a husban/partner who doesn't put the lid down should get themselves a rabbit to train them!

Jo: yes, I believe he was embarassed. Why he should want to get in the bath beats me; it's the place where I take him, in his travel box, to carry out any tricky operation, like when I got him and I was treating him for fur mites, and when I treated him with Rearguard. With that in mind, the bath isn't where you would expect him to go!
Mad buck!
He's continuing to enjoy the decorating and today he kept getting on the step ladder (only a two step job) and tugging my trouser bottoms as I painted, and he has one white whisker now!. He also quite enjoyed me towing him round the room on a rug!
Think I may be a mad as he is.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu May 28, 2015 8:19 pm

In view of what you have just told us hun, it is baffling, you would think he would avoid the bathroom. They are curious little creatures and maybe something caught his attention and he got carried away. Oh bless him, he is trying to help you decorate. Holly is terrible for getting under feet through her "helping." I have to learn never to move until I know exactly where she is Laughing

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu May 28, 2015 10:03 pm

Oh he loves helping! Decorating is suchfun. But today was shopping day, plus I had a dental appointment (tricky filling job, will injection!) and I wanted to get a few chores done before leaving home. I didn't really have all that much time to spend trying to explain that Shark needs its fluffy cleaning cover. But I had made the BIG mistake of wearing HIS favourite shoes, the ones with the oh-so-attractive laces. I came into the dining room caling him and happily expecting our usual morning re-union of nose rubs, ankle nudges and scoots with binkies ... instead it took him one millionth of a second to spot his true love ... my shoes and their wonderful laces. He fell upon them scratching, tugging and ... wait for it!.... singing! Yes, he was so over come with emotion at seeing my laces again that he was singing, "Wup-wup, wup-wup-wup-wup...."
He's so wonderfully mad!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri May 29, 2015 6:38 am

He was sooo meant to be yours xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri May 29, 2015 8:27 pm

He sounds so wonderful sweetie, I would so love to meet him. I have never heard of any other bun who sings when chewing. I fell asleep with my library book last night and guess what, woke up this morning and it has been totally Hollied - whoops!! No

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri May 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Tonight I'm in the Ferret House (that's the bun equivalent to our Dog House).
He doesn't approve (entirely) of the new look dining room!
I've returned it pretty much to its pre-Henry look with just a few (tasteful) improvements, but apparently it's not what HE had planned for it.
The dining table isn't acceptable ... I agree on that and I'm on the look out for a new one but he won't stop disapproving.
And there's now an arm chair that he says isn't even Retro ... so what? It's comfy and matches the colour scheme.
There's a new cabinet that he says stinks ... bees wax, Chuck! Don't sniff it!
The rugs have been shampooed ... but they're now clean enough to eat forage off!
What really bugs him though is that I had the final word and it was all done when he woke from his afternoon nap!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 30, 2015 7:43 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing That is one hard to please bun LOL!!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat May 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Oh, Jo, yopu have no idea.
He's now carrying every bit of his food (even his Fenugreeks) to a different spot to that which I chose for his feeding station. He drags/pushes/tips his dish half way across the room and I quickly gave in when he showed signs of shifting his water bowl.
Henry, I think, is a stickin-the-mud rabbit or just plain bolshy when he fails to get his own way. Today he has been slightly better and even chose to sleep under the dining table for an hour or two.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum