Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Willow is in a really bad way :(

+5
jolovesbunnies
c.bolduan
woodwench
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
9 posters

Go down

Willow is in a really bad way :( Empty Willow is in a really bad way :(

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:06 am

I put a post here a few days ago about how she was crumbling her pellets and generally a bit 'off'. Well, over the last few days she has become a lot 'off', to the point where she is ignoring and not interested in any food that used to drive her nuts.

The only things she's been eating are some of her veg, some treats and ocassionally some dried herbs and a bit of hay. She's not eating anything with gusto though and just generally doesn't seem bothered about life - she's very quiet, constantly hunched and her eyes are really dull Sad

When I got back yesterday, in the space of an evening she had become totally skeletal. Her hips are protruding terribly, you can feel all of her spine and ribs and her stomach is just sagging and hanging really low in the wrong place. Her breathing is also very laboured and she's not bothering to clean her back end at all - it's filthy, but I feel a bum bath will just stress her at the moment.

She's had Metacam and luckily she drinks CC from the bowl so she's been having that over the last few days. She's booked in to see the vet at 12.50, and I honestly don't know what the outcome will be. I feel like she's half way gone already...

It's all happened so fast. It's gone from her being a bit off her pellets to this in less than a week.

Any vibes for her would be much appreciated Sad Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Willow is in a really bad way :( Empty Re: Willow is in a really bad way :(

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Good grief!!

I hadn't even seen your post from the other day!

How did the vet trip go?

Fingers crossed for Willow x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Both of them have left for Rainbow Bridge together Sad

The vet felt a huge mass in Willow's abdomen (probably cancerous) as well as an abscess in her dewlap) and given Mo's teeth problems we just decided to let them go together.

I am devastated and whilst I realise not everyone felt this was the best course of action I hope you respect my decision - I feel it was the right thing for me and them both. Xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:07 pm

Jeez, that's really awful. It makes me feel bad that Henry is making positive progress.
To lose one pet is bad .. two... ? I can't imagine ever making that decision, but I know you're torn apart.
I'm so sorry. I can understand your reasons too. Sometimes one has to acknowledge one's own welfare as well as their animals.
Console yourself by thinking this: Mo had enough problems without having to face them without his partner.
Take care of yourself:hugs:
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:08 pm

Thank you so much Hugs

I honestly don't know what to do with myself. I feel totally empty inside. I'm just glad they've gone together. They were so in love...

What an absolutely horrific day. There are no words.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Oh love, I'm sitting here in my kitchen in disbelief. You certainly have done the right thing for both bunnies and no I guess there are no words of comfort if one is to loose two in one go.
All I can do is light a candle for you and the buns and send you the most loving and soothing vibes available.
Credit to your Courage.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Oh my darling I am so very sorry.  I am sending lots and lots of loves and huggles and we all wish we could be there with you to comfort you, what a dreadful thing to happen Hugs

Loves and hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Thank you for your kind words everybody Hugs

It all happened so quickly, and I knew that when we made that trip up there we wouldn't be bringing her back. It was such a difficult decision to let Mo go with her, but given the circumstances and how much he craved the companionship of another rabbit (there is no way I would have been able to bring myself to do this anywhere near as soon as he would've needed), amongst his other issues, I felt it was kindest. Having to face conscious dentals and day-to-day living on his own would have left him massively depressed.

Willow hopped across the table to me just before it happened and we shared one last cuddle. We both knew. She'd gone so downhill so quickly, she was a shadow of her former self, and when the vet confirmed that she could indeed feel a tumour I knew what I had to do. I also said my goodbyes to Mr Mo (minus cuddles, he wouldn't have appreciated that). We shared a special type of bond, far different than Willow and I, but I still loved that little man with all my heart.

Whilst I am utterly heartbroken and feel constantly choked up and totally empty inside, I am at peace with my decision. They're at the Rainbow Bridge now, enjoying themselves and are both pain free and happy. They shared lots of yummy treats before we went up to the vets - and I spent the morning out on the decking in the sunshine with them having breakfast and cuddling Love

The house certainly feels empty without them, and my heart far emptier. But they both had a wonderful life and gave me so much back in return. They truly were my 'buns in a million' and they'll always live on in my heart.

Binky free, my beautiful babies Love
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 pm

I am so sorry, binky free Willow & Mr Mo Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:23 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Thank you for your kind words everybody Hugs

It all happened so quickly, and I knew that when we made that trip up there we wouldn't be bringing her back. It was such a difficult decision to let Mo go with her, but given the circumstances and how much he craved the companionship of another rabbit (there is no way I would have been able to bring myself to do this anywhere near as soon as he would've needed), amongst his other issues, I felt it was kindest. Having to face conscious dentals and day-to-day living on his own would have left him massively depressed.

Willow hopped across the table to me just before it happened and we shared one last cuddle. We both knew. She'd gone so downhill so quickly, she was a shadow of her former self, and when the vet confirmed that she could indeed feel a tumour I knew what I had to do. I also said my goodbyes to Mr Mo (minus cuddles, he wouldn't have appreciated that). We shared a special type of bond, far different than Willow and I, but I still loved that little man with all my heart.

Whilst I am utterly heartbroken and feel constantly choked up and totally empty inside, I am at peace with my decision. They're at the Rainbow Bridge now, enjoying themselves and are both pain free and happy. They shared lots of yummy treats before we went up to the vets - and I spent the morning out on the decking in the sunshine with them having breakfast and cuddling Love

The house certainly feels empty without them, and my heart far emptier. But they both had a wonderful life and gave me so much back in return. They truly were my 'buns in a million' and they'll always live on in my heart.

Binky free, my beautiful babies Love
I've got tears in my eyes reading that Crying or Very sad

I can't believe they've gone. I'm so sorry xxx
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny-mummy-lizzy Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:53 am

I'm so sorry to hear this - it is heart breaking to loose the balls of fluff we love so much. Letting them go together was kindest to them, and I hope you can continue to take comfort from not having a lonely bun.
Sending you big hugs and lots of love and healing vibes.
Hugs

bunny-mummy-lizzy
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2015-03-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:19 am

How are you coping today?
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:31 am

Not great Dee. I woke up this morning and just sobbed for about an hour. My boyfriend is here though and he is being great and looking after me. I also have the chinchillas who still need looking after so they are helping.

I'm trying to keep busy - for me the 'first day' is always hardest. I think we are going to go out for dinner and to the cinema with friends tonight. I don't particularly want to but it's better than staring at their empty room. As my boyfriend also said, they wouldn't wNt me to be sad, so I'm trying not to be.

I feel like half of me is gone.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:39 am

Not gone... just moved on a ways. Like walking down a long winding country road, with woods and fields and rolling hills; Willow and Mo are running on ahead and playing hide and seek with you. You will catch up one day, until then just remember: they are with you still, hiding in the shadows.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:58 pm

Oh Woodwench love, that is beautiful and very true.  Said a prayer for you last night Fluffslave darling and will say another tonight.  I am surrounding you in warm vibes.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:53 pm

I'm heartbroken to hear they are both gone :-(

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:25 am

I am very very upset - Theo or Maysie would have taken Mo in an instant as a lone bun if you had taken the time to ask the question. There was absolutely no need for him to be PTS, I and others tried so hard to get help for him. Poor wee Mo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 am

Wow - rude doesn't even cut it. These were MY animals. Did you ever meet them? No. Did you ever know them personally? No. We would not have been able to get Mojo to anyone for at least two or three weeks. He would have been extremely lonely and depressed.

I loved both of these bunnies with all my heart and did what I felt was best. You really need to stop trying to force YOUR opinions and what you think is best on others. Thank you very much for attempting to make me feel worse. Didn't work though - I know my rabbits Nd what they needed.

I will not be coming back to this forum. Thank you to everyone who did support me. Others here don't know the meaning of the word!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:09 am

Sixer wrote:I am very very upset - Theo or Maysie would have taken Mo in an instant as a lone bun if you had taken the time to ask the question. There was absolutely no need for him to be PTS, I and others tried so hard to get help for him. Poor wee Mo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Where he would have been waiting potentially weeks on his own, very lonely and depressed, before undergoing conscious dentals and a big move - again, all on his own. His mental health would have suffered massively, and his physical health quite probably too. And what happened if neither homes were an option? What then? You did not know my rabbit, so stop trying to act like you knew what was best for him.

Oh yes, poor Mo... He lived such a wonderful life from what he had previously. He was loved and adored every day, happy with his best bunny friend and ALWAYS received any treatment he might have needed (as far as was humanely possible). Then, he left this world peacefully (without knowing anything) at the same time as his best friend. He didn't live weeks or months lonely, sad and depressed, suffering stressful dental procedures and countless other bad experiences...

I did right by my animal. He was not yours to make that decision for.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:46 am

This I want to say to both fluff slave and sixer
Each of you is currently going through very emotional phases and they are not linked.
Neither of you needs to understand or agree with what the other one says or does.
Since joining the forum I have never experienced anyone wanting to make another hopper feel bad.
Yes it may mean that you don't share many posts with each other, comment or like/dislike each other.
Take half of the love and understanding that you got for your rabbits and send it to another?
I'm sending love light and calm to both of you. Xxx

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:02 am

Firstly I want to say how very sad I am that you are going through what you are - it must have been awful - no one can take that away from you.

I am very sorry for your loss hun, I really am.

I think though that you also have to accept the decision you made is going to be difficult for some people to understand.

Sadly, if I am honest I am one of those people who just cant get my head around why Mr Mo wasnt given the chances that were being offered to him.   He could have had another home where he had the chance at a happy life and I dont understand why that help wasnt accepted.  I understand that you knew him and we didnt, but I am also bunny mum to buns who undergo dentals on a 6/8 weekly basis and they ARE happy.  No - they are not mo, but with the right care he could have been too.  

The thing is, while they were your buns, we all feel like we knew them, we all cared for them as we have watched them grow, watched their journey and felt all of the highs and lows with you, as you do with our buns, so we are all feeling their loss too, and would have wanted to therefore save them if we could.

That said, I am aware I am not in your shoes, and I do know you are in pain and for that I am sorry.  

I really do hope that you can accept that while some people will feel you did the right thing, some will feel you didnt (as is with everything in life) because while we might not understand your point of view, you might not also understand ours, but sometimes people have to agree to disagree and move on.  

I hope that you will still stick around as whatever happens we all really care for you and you dont have to be a bunny owner to love bunnies, and from time to time you may want to see what is going on with our little monsters :-)

Sleep tight Willow and Mo, you will be missed x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:11 am

KatieB wrote:Firstly I want to say how very sad I am that you are going through what you are - it must have been awful - no one can take that away from you.

I am very sorry for your loss hun, I really am.

I think though that you also have to accept the decision you made is going to be difficult for some people to understand.

Sadly, if I am honest I am one of those people who just cant get my head around why Mr Mo wasnt given the chances that were being offered to him.   He could have had another home where he had the chance at a happy life and I dont understand why that help wasnt accepted.  I understand that you knew him and we didnt, but I am also bunny mum to buns who undergo dentals on a 6/8 weekly basis and they ARE happy.  No - they are not mo, but with the right care he could have been too.  

The thing is, while they were your buns, we all feel like we knew them, we all cared for them as we have watched them grow, watched their journey and felt all of the highs and lows with you, as you do with our buns, so we are all feeling their loss too, and would have wanted to therefore save them if we could.

That said, I am aware I am not in your shoes, and I do know you are in pain and for that I am sorry.  

I really do hope that you can accept that while some people will feel you did the right thing, some will feel you didnt (as is with everything in life) because while we might not understand your point of view, you might not also understand ours, but sometimes people have to agree to disagree and move on.  

I hope that you will still stick around as whatever happens we all really care for you and you dont have to be a bunny owner to love bunnies, and from time to time you may want to see what is going on with our little monsters :-)

Sleep tight Willow and Mo, you will be missed x
That's right, thank you Katie.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:53 pm

I feel both Claudia and Katie are right about staying around and also about seeing both perspectives.
Give it time ...
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:52 pm

Oh sweetie don't go, I am still sending lots and lots of love and comfort,  I just wish it were working a bit better. Hugs

Loves and hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down