Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking rabbits abroad

2 posters

Go down

Taking rabbits abroad Empty Taking rabbits abroad

Post by BwfcAngel Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Does anyone know what the thing is with taking rabbits abroad? In case of relocation?
BwfcAngel
BwfcAngel
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Taking rabbits abroad Empty Re: Taking rabbits abroad

Post by buddabun Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:33 am

We looked into it coming here. We could have done it but it would have been very expensive and, more importantly, they weren't allowed in the cabin (Check with the airline as some will) so would have to spend 17 hours in the hold. We stop over at Dubai and if there was a lot of luggage the pets take lowest priority so there was the potential to have them left there.

Coming back (don't know if it's an issue with you), with Brunei it's irrelevant whether or not you have a "Pet Passport" - all animals returning to the UK from here have to have a mandatory 6 months in quarantine when they reach the UK.

Much as I adore my British buns and miss them every day, I couldn't have put them through all that. I'm not having a go, lots of people do travel with pets, (mine have moved up and down the country with me with no problems) but for me, moving mine half way across the world, 17 hours in a scary plane with no guarantee I could bring them back or that they would even survive, was not an option.

Where are you thinking of moving to? I'm sure if it's ANYWHERE within the EU it will make things a whole lot easier!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:05 am

I know Amethyst took hers to Madrid and I assume she has now taken them to LA Hmmm
She has not be around the two Bunny Forums I use for some time so I dont really know more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down