Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Johnny be warm enough tonight?

3 posters

Go down

Will Johnny be warm enough tonight? Empty Will Johnny be warm enough tonight?

Post by proudmummy Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Hiya, don't know about anyone else but despite the weather being quite warm and sunny today, tonight down here in Essex the temperature has dropped and it is bloody cold!

Johnny Nibbles has spent a lot of time alfresco this weekend, chosing to run around outside rather than sleep indoors like normal but am worried, having put him in his gaff for the night, that he will be cold, especially as he sleeps outside rather than in his "bedroom".

He has loads of hay down in the section underneath his "bedroom" where he likes sleeping and obviously this is just the wire and open to elements (although he away from wind direction) and we cover over the main part with a big blanket, just to keep warmth in, even though the poor thing probably wonders why he can't see out of that bit. Will this be enough do you think? I really worry he is too cold esp as I really don't think he ever goes and sleeps inside!

xx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Will Johnny be warm enough tonight? Empty Re: Will Johnny be warm enough tonight?

Post by Catsknickers Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:01 pm

I think he will be fine hunny xxxxxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Will Johnny be warm enough tonight? Empty Re: Will Johnny be warm enough tonight?

Post by NickieM Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:04 pm

Bunnies are pretty good at letting you fill their cosy bedroom with hay and then sitting outside while you fret that they will die of hypothermia. They are just soooo bad sometimes. Your bun will be fine. If he gets outside for a lot of the time, he will be starting to put on a winter coat. My two live outside all year and I have noticed this week that their coats are thickening and getting must heavier.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Thanks guys - he seemed to be okay - just me worrying! I def think he growing winter coat as when he got off his indoor bed the other day, there was loads of hair left on there!

Just let him out to go back in his place for the evening, he diverted, it was dark, couldn't see him but heard a cat and loads of rustling so ran into corner of garden! Panicked cos couldn't find Johns but thankfully he was okay. Ushered him back indoors for another hour before bed.. can't be having panics like that again!
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down