Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are my seperated buns are missing each other?

5 posters

Go down

are my seperated buns are missing each other? Empty are my seperated buns are missing each other?

Post by isostarmac Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:17 pm

so the juggling act of keeping my bunnies together apart continues after their recent neuter: switching rooms and hutch time daily until those ol' hormones subside. They have been nosing each other through the cage and have taken to sitting rock still opposite each other fixated on each other. The nosing and sniffing through the bars seems friendly and curious. Today though, each of them has taken to jumping onto the roof of the hutch when the other one is inside and having a little snooze there.

are these good signs? could it be they are actually missing each other? or does this mean each of them is displaying equal dominance?

am hoping they will be ready to start re bonding in 4 weeks time, and am praying these are good signs, however, if not, I will be fully prepared for problems ahead

any similar experiences?

( 2 males, 3 weeks apart in age, 4 months old, been together since kits at 8 weeks respectively)

isostarmac
isostarmac
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-02-12

Back to top Go down

are my seperated buns are missing each other? Empty Re: are my seperated buns are missing each other?

Post by gemma997 Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:26 am

Could be
I know when I separated my two they would constantly be try to get a hug from one another that it was best just to supervise them when they were together but then they weren't separated because of hormones.

Xxx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

are my seperated buns are missing each other? Empty Re: are my seperated buns are missing each other?

Post by woodwench Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:18 pm

They aren't charging one at the other in an attempt to get through the wire? They aren't growling at each other?
Then I think they are ok. They will recognise each other but has their hormone levels fall their scents will change (very subtly, you won't notice) and it may be this scent change is causing each some puzzlement. Keep on as you are and try not to read too much into their behaviour.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Do keep us posted love, I think this is going to have a very happy ending. Love

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by isostarmac Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi Woodwench, no growling or anything at all to indicate aggression whatsoever. The one not hutched sits outside or on top of the hutch, even just lounging nearby. They both do this in turn. I was very wary of the nosing through the bars but they just sniff each other curiously. The sitting looking into each other is quite sad to see actually as I feel they are missing each others company.

I know i'm missing both theirs Sad
isostarmac
isostarmac
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by isostarmac Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 pm

sincerely hope so Jo xx
its breaking my heart having them separated
but, all in good time!
isostarmac
isostarmac
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:08 am

They prob are missing each other, but this is a good sign for when they are put back together xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:25 pm

It is a heat breaking process hun and lots of bonding vibes are on their way mixed in with a lot of love. Hugs Hugs

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down