Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advise on getting three legged Bunster

3 posters

Go down

Advise on getting three legged Bunster Empty Advise on getting three legged Bunster

Post by DixieLuBun Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:52 pm

I hope some-one can help? I am due to receive an adult female bunster sometime tomorrow providing the vets give all clear. She has been in vets for an amputation not sure why or if front or rear. She had op today, is there any special care to be taken for this special bunny? Having never been in this situation I want to be prepared prior to her coming to my home for recovery. She will be kept indoors and probably in the living room so she can chill out and watch telly. When all fit and well hopefully we will be able to get her re-homed to a loving family.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Advise on getting three legged Bunster Empty Re: Advise on getting three legged Bunster

Post by racheld69 Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:52 pm

we just rehomed one at the rspca with one front leg missing - you'd never know. Not sure the effect on climbing/jumping up on sofas etc buti guess they just get used to tht as well and cope fine.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Advise on getting three legged Bunster Empty Re: Advise on getting three legged Bunster

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:11 am

As yet J stil has her leg but it's useless and as far as getting about goes if you couldn't see the damage you wouldn't know....she jumps, climbs, binkies.....just an absolute lunatic.

I have heard that some bunnies adapt better than others and there are a few that become very despondant after loosing a limb but these seem to be in the minority. It seems that loosing a hind limb is more common too so despite the fact that it would probably be an easier adaption if it was fore don't be put off if it turns out to be a back leg.

They do tend to have problems washing though so may need ears/face/eyes cleaning for them....I have to wash J's face every now and then.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down