Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 years later!

4 posters

Go down

4 years later! Empty 4 years later!

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Hello Hoppers!

How are we all? Who are we all? - If you read this, please just post a wave if you intend to be more active! I was just saying to Thumper2001 that I miss the old HH. It was such a lovely, close knit community. Facebook groups have become so impersonal and fast paced. Blink and its gone!

I cant believe its been 4 years! So much has happened.

We sadly lost my wee boy in October. I found him in his forever sleep in his bunny warren cube. He was very nearly 11. He had been on his own for a couple of years until 2 years previous. I adopted an 8/9yo male lop from a Facebook friend. Thankfully the bond worked great for 18m until Marley became unwell for a while, but I managed to rebond them after a few months apart.

So we now have Leo, whos deaf as a post, and has a wonky back end! I wanted to end the cycle there, as nobun would ever come close to Marley, and hes the bun that started it all. Its just not the same. It still isnt the same. ...but a local rescue had an outbreak of RHD2. 2 buns survived, and of those 2, Matilda, previously Mary showed no symptoms at all, despite being bonded with a bun who did. They werent going to rehome her as they didnt know if she was a risk to other buns. I said id take the chance. All I wanted was for Leo to live the rest of his days happy, however long that might be for. Matilda was also a young bun, very reserved, fat, and grumpy. I didnt want her to spend her life in a rescue. Shes now blossomed into a happy, crazy bun, and she loves Leo! ...but isnt too keen on humans, unless they have food and sit still like a statue! Laughing

Ive also had big, positive changes in my personal life. But Ill keep that to myself...previous posts suggest I was a bit of an over-sharer! Laughing Laughing Laughing
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

4 years later! Empty Re: 4 years later!

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 pm

There are so few of the original HH buns left Sad

Hopefully someone will be able to help us with the pics and you’ll be able to share beautiful Leo and Matilda with everyone Smile

I laughed at your over-sharer comment Laughing Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:There are so few of the original HH buns left Sad

Its true! I have real life friends these days and I still say too much to them! Haha.

I know. It's really sad. I never really imagined not having Marley around, or Dolly for that matter.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Marley .... You're one more old face returned to the fold. More to follow I hope.
Sad about your wee boy, he had a good life and chose a nice quiet spot to fall asleep. Let him run forever Sad Smile ...
I felt the same when I lost Clawed, my first bun. I learnt so much from her and we had a very loving relationship. I thought there would never be another bun for me, just rabbits to care for. Then I began to see things differently. Oh, I shall never love another as I did Clawed but with each bun that came along I found something different binding us. With Lil Loll it was his independence and the way we lived together separately! With Henry it was his gentleness, his sense of humour and his stoic bravery. With Reboot it was his determination, his genius and refusal to be beaten.
I loved them all and each in a different way and (as they say) Viva La Difference!
Can't see me ever having another rabbit now, I'm to old with too many health issues, but I have wildies to study and they never fail to show me something new.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:03 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:There are so few of the original HH buns left Sad

Its true! I have real life friends these days and I still say too much to them! Haha.

I know. It's really sad. I never really imagined not having Marley around, or Dolly for that matter.
Laughing Laughing Laughing I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being an open book!

Amanda still has a few of the originals but I’m not sure if there are any other Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat May 02, 2020 11:53 am

Wave Wave Wave
So sorry to hear about Marley, but looking forward to seeing pics of Leo and Matilda Smile
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down