Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It is absolutely freezing

2 posters

Go down

It is absolutely freezing Empty It is absolutely freezing

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:53 pm

This morning I had to scrape my windscreen for the first time in years. It’s usually fine because it’s sheltered in the drive.
The grass was white before it even started snowing.
The rear window of my car froze again during daylight hours.
I cannot put molly out in the shed on her own in this.
She’s staying in the kitchen tonight. No pen.
Send prayers that she doesn’t eat my kitchen.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

It is absolutely freezing Empty Re: It is absolutely freezing

Post by woodwench Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:59 am

Hope you still have a kitchen!
How is dear Molly?
And you and yours too, of course!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:52 pm

I do! She was good as gold! She’s super quiet today tho so I don’t know if she got much sleep. The weather turned during the night and it was lashing! Battering off the windows. Me and the little one were up from 2:30 - 5:00 Rolling Eyes
My biggest concern with her indoors is she doesn’t seem to eat much hay in here Hmmm

We are ok thanks. Same you know what, different day!
How are you?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:24 pm

Maybe last night the storm upset her and made her quiet. She is used to having Junior for comfort on such nights. As for eating less hay.... could that be because she has more distractions indoors?
I'm still battling on. No rabbits, no pets at all now. The Dr has reached the conclusion that I have PTSD after losing all my friends and close family over the last 2 years. ( deaths in that time, including Reboot which seems to have been a kind of catalyst that set it all off. I've been seeing an osteopath which as helped with the muscle spasms but they're only the physical manifestation of the stress and grief which I have to deal with in other ways, primarily in counselling. But try finding a counselor here that can help.... they all seem to be working with Hospices and are not really properly trained, certainly none seem to think they can help someone in my position. The only group who offer PTSD help are Steps2Change and they only offer help to my age group when it involves dementia and related issues.
Plus at the moment my lovely woodland idyll has been invaded by Urban Explorers.... ie: scum who trespass and break into empty properties "looking for history". 4' high barbed wire fences, gates wrapped with barbed wire, CCTV and electric fences don't keep them out. And after they have invaded during the day the ghost hunters come at night. The Police can't stop them and they are wrecking the place. Nothing is untouched by them; they even broke into the estate owners Private family cemetery. They are not helping my stress levels at all.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:15 pm

I think she maybe doesn’t feel as able to relax in the house. Even when it’s just the two of us, which is all day Tuesday and Thursday. Makes me sad Sad

Are you satisfied with the doctor’s diagnosis? Where can you go from here? Surely someone has to help you!

Oh goodness. I hope you are safe in your home. Could you have a house alarm fitted? My neighbour is a policeman and said they are definitely a deterrent.

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:50 pm

She's probably still grieving. It can take a long time for them to settle again and when it's just the two of you there's the chance that, without distractions, you are both more fully aware of the loss than with others there to distract you. It's amazing how sensitive they are.
I'm not sure what's going to happen with me. I have my last osteo session on the 16th.. They did seem to be helping but now I'm not so sure. The last moth has been rough, I've had another week in bed and I'm not up to doing much when I'm up and about. The osteo will be writing to my Dr when the last session is over, recommending the next step. Sometimes I think PTSD is the right diagnosis; that's when I'm feeling reasonably OK. When I'm at the worst.... well, then it's hard to believe I can feel so bad without a physical cause. There's the chance I might be referred to a neurologist .... gotta wait and see what next year brings I guess.

I've got trail cams set up round the house and the estate have put a sensor operated light at the front of the house. All the barbed wire and gates and camera have quietened things down a bit. The idiots have found another route to the empty manor house they find so fascinating and it's mainly ghost hunters that are roaming at night. They have broken into the old cottage which stands by the Manor Farm House and the estate have gone in and boarded up all interior doors as well as the outer doors and windows and barred them all as well. It's like Fort Knox..... but still they keep going. Not a brain cell amongst the lot of them.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:58 pm

Are you able to read again? I’m sure I remember you saying you couldn’t because your head was spinning.

If it’s ghost hunters and not thieves they might be better just leaving it open to them. If they’ve got access they won’t need to damage anything. But hey, I’m only hearing part of what’s going on there. They might still be idiots who cause damage!

Glad you’ve got your security light and cameras up.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down