Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th gotcha day.

3 posters

Go down

10th gotcha day. Empty 10th gotcha day.

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 pm

10 years ago today Molly and Junior moved in. They were so norty and so much fun. I miss the days of crazy rabbit. And I count myself so lucky to have met them.

I have spent much of the day agonising over whether to have Molly pts. She has been riding a high the last few months despite her mobility loss. She’s been bright as a button, loving food, loving life. At the start of the week she came crashing down. She’s mostly doing nothing aside from eating. I called and made the appt for 11 tomorrow. And then I felt bad leaving her so I pulled it forward to 16:30 today. And then she perked up a wee bit. Had a go at her hay cube etc. So we went to the vet anyway, but with my mind leaning more towards not having her PTS today. Saw a new vet. American lady. Really nice, compassionate. Just the kind of vet I needed to see today, which was nice considering the upset I’ve had at my practice losing the only 2 vets I liked.
She said what I feared and this probably is the beginning of the end and that it wouldn’t be unreasonable to have her PTS today. But it also wouldn’t be unreasonable to take her home and see how we go, in the short term.

She’s brighter now than she was this morning. But I still think her existence is pretty poop. She basically sits in the corner of my kitchen (comfortably, of course) and eats and sleeps, eats and sleeps. This morning I thought That Light had gone out in her eyes, but I maybe saw a wee sparkle tonight when the kids got home.

One day at a time. We will see what tomorrow brings Crying or Very sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

10th gotcha day. Empty Re: 10th gotcha day.

Post by iiisecondcreep Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:39 pm

Thinking of you and Molly Hugs Hugs Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:07 pm

Thank you. She has been a bit more perky today! And I think I figured out what part of the problem was. I forgot to mention that the vet said she has virtually no feeling in either back leg. She was giving her feet a good squeeze and there was no reaction. Having watched her closely I have noticed that Molly can no longer pull herself to her left. Tuesday and Wednesday morning I found her off her rug, half way under a dining chair. Thursday morning I found her right at the bottom of her long rug, down beside the bin. I couldn’t figure out why but now I think I know. She was trying to get herself to her water bowl! I have since been bringing the water bowl to her and I wonder if she was dehydrated. I feel terrible Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  I have now moved her water bowl, so she can get to it turning right, and I’m bringing it to her frequently. It’s right in the blimmin way where it is now Laughing but so be it!
I noticed last night the top of her left eye is *really* bloodshot. So I’m keeping a close eye on that, pardon the pun.
Fingers crossed she’s picking back up again.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:02 pm

Molly has gone right downhill again Crying or Very sad

She slept all day yesterday. Was picky with her tea. Haven’t been able to get her to eat pellets or hay today but she is eating treats and grass.

I think I’m going to have to let her go this week Crying or Very sad

I want to keep her going until her own vet opens on Wednesday. I don’t want to leave her with strangers Crying or Very sad

She doesn’t seem to be in pain. She’s just knackered.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:04 am

Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by gemma997 Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:39 am

Hugs

I'm so sorry I'm just reading this

Xx
gemma997
gemma997
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1609
Registration date : 2015-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down