Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The end is nigh :(

3 posters

Go down

The end is nigh :( Empty The end is nigh :(

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:47 pm

I took Molly for her jabs yesterday and I was quizzed by the vet about what she’s able to do. She was very clever about it and put back to me all that I’d said to her in one long sentence and said she thinks it’s time to let her go. She said I’ve done and continue to do an amazing job with her but she’d be dead in days if I wasn’t doing literally everything for her. Not just anyone. Me. If something happened to me or I had to go somewhere then she wouldn’t survive. That to the vet was a massive red flag that it’s time to stop. She (politely) refused to vaccinate her. Told me to take her home and have a chat with the family. I couldn’t disagree with her Crying or Very sad She said everything I already knew but didn’t want to hear. Molly has zero muscles in her back end. She can’t stand. She can’t turn. She’s gone blind in her left eye. I have to bring the water bowl to her a few times a day to make sure she’s drinking. She sleeps and eats.
I hoped we could keep going until she stopped eating but I’ve been overruled by the vet and I can’t ignore this advice. My favourite vet is on maternity leave but in for one day only next week and after everything I’ve said about wanting her or Ian to do it, it seems like this is written in the stars.

My poor old lady Crying or Very sad 💔
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

The end is nigh :( Empty Re: The end is nigh :(

Post by iiisecondcreep Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:10 pm

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep