Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please!

+5
Becki
racheld69
buddabun
Becca6
Jay
9 posters

Go down

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Empty Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please!

Post by Jay Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:02 pm

I know the importance of toys, esp. for a singlebun, so I hope we can share our toy pics and info on the best etc Smile

I had no idea just how ridiculous the toy situ had got here! I rarely buy Bertie any toys, I either make them or use cardboard etc. but he does get given things by other people, and he really does love running around with little fluffies in his mouth. He can do it for 10 mins or so!
Before you see these, please don't think that Berts is a substitute child Embarassed It does look a bit like that I admit, but nothing could be further from the truth Laughing
Here's the fluffies...

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Toys003Medium

The 3 hand knitted ones are made by one of my seniors that I teach in a sheltered home called Mary. She's made the elf, Santa and the Pink Bunneh, who's actally an egg cover for easter/boiled eggs. He runs round with all of these. The other 3 are little animlas from the Otter and Owl santuray, and he loves all of them, esp the owl. (If you not seen it already, here he is on You tube)

And then the more practical ones!

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Toys005Medium
The straw dinner mat at the top is great for him to chew, I got 5 for £1 at the charity shop.
The hay holder he doesn't really chew, I bought that, but it's OK to hold his hay in 1 place
The Carrot was bought by a mate and he sometimes plays, but not that often
The Ball he likes, but now he's got the Treatball he doesn't touch the orange one, but he loves his treat ball, keeps him busy for ages.
He's never touched the Dumbell, but he loves all the other wooden things.
The short bit of wood I got from a beach, the long bit is from the woods behind here, both completely dried out first.
The wooden thing and the roll with Willow stix in it are both fave's, I normally plait hemp string through them as well as he loves chewing that.
Someone gave us the Willow bendy arch, and he really likes to chew that, and the bigger soft bunny is a glove puppet. We put some of his fur in the back of it, and he grooms it and sleeps with it :luv:

Then there's the indoor hidey hole
Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Hidey He really likes this, it changes as he chomps his way through the boxes.

And his outside terrace
Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Boutdoors
The green tunnels are great, I got 2, cos 1 just wasn't long enough, and I move them around quite regularly. He can safely chew them, and he loves scuttling around in them Smile
The Hutch was a treat, he spends a lot of time in there when it's raining outside, which it is at the mo! And the veg ball is great for keeping him occupied.

Last edited by Jay on Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Empty Re: Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please!

Post by Becca6 Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:27 pm

Awww - I love all his cuddly toys. I've never tried giving mine cuddly toys as Bella is so destructive I don't think they'd last two minutes.

My two have a lot of what you've got in the second picture - like Bertie they aren't interested in the dumbell at all, but love their stick tunnel thing, willow sticks, treat ball (though thinking about it I've not seen it in a while - they must have rolled it somewhere out of the way).

Love the green tunnels - I know I've seen them online but can't remember where - where did you get yours from?

Mine are really into chubes:

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! GiantTube_200

Though the ones they have are orange and green.

They're also really loving the hay covered tubes:

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Hide_m_200

Even Bell can't destroy them quickly, so for £3.99 they're really good value - probably the only treat I'll be buying for a while - willow balls, willow rings, which they love, are demolished so quickly I might as well just throw money away.

Cardboard boxes are always great and my two love them - and the cat does too, so even better.
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! Empty Re: Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please!

Post by buddabun Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:34 pm

my goodness what a lot of stuff he has!!!!!! Such a lucky boy

I LOVE the little pink bunny - how sweet of Mary to knit you all of those :luv:

I agree the bendy arch things are good - My UK buns adore the arch they have and I weave hay and grass etc through it too.

Bertie the man himself looks a bit puzzled int he last photo - "Why would you want to take a photo of my hutch, Dad?!"

I also love your hexagonal planter in that last photo - very cool
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 pm

those little toys are so cute! Isn't it funny how they chew the willow balls to that last bowl shaped bit- mine do and then leave them - they have got about 5 bits left which they occasionally throw - they never totally destroy them! Anyway, off to watch bertie and his toys on you tube.... Oh my rabbits' favorite toys are carrot patches - they love pulling the carrots out the holes and eating the patch and the carrots - and you can buy replacement carrots.
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 pm

I've looked at those 'Naturals' tubes before Becca and wasn't sure about them, but I'll give it a go, cheers Thumbs Up
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Alrighty, Will try to reply to this by memory. Rhia isnt a huge fan of all the different toys you can buy, shes pretty select in what she will & wont play with. She doesnt have any interest at all in willow sticks, willow rings (aside from mahoosive ones), any form of plastic toy, wooden toys, gnaw stones, loofahs. The carrot woodroll is a hit and miss kinda toy, sometimes she loves them, other times it'll be sat for days untouched. The stuff she does love though areeee:

Hay n hide tunnesl (pictured above) but as she doesnt fit through the tunnel, I dont buy them any more as she could quite easily get herself stuck.

Massive willow ring thing is probably her favouritest toy, its pretty huge & can be gone in five minutes Laughing

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TOY5

Another favourite is the vine balls, but only the biggest size. They too are gone in minutes.

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TOY1

Shes quite fond of these mats, but only these ones in particular (The biggest red mat from Chinchillas2Shop)

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TOY6

Loves these but I hang it quite high up as shes a bit of a fatty & would gorge herself if she didnt have to work for it Rolling Eyes

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TOY4

Quite likes these, although I wouldnt say they are her favourites..

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TOY2

And lastly, she liked this til the hay stuff was gone but then she lost interest!

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TOY3

Thats all I really buy her on a regular basis I think, aside from the last one which I wont buy again. She does also loveeee cardboard boxes & 'Chubes' Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PHEEEEEEWWW Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Oh, forgot to add that her favouritest things ever are tunnels Very Happy Very Happy X
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Mine all love free toys

For chewing I get apple branches, I just called up gardeners and asked if they were ever to come across untreated branches they were cutting off could I buy them and I have ended up with quite a few people who get them for me now and don't even want any money for them because they will just be chucked anyways Very Happy I also said in a pub once and this guy overheard and cuts some for me, like loads at a time and I just buy him a pint or something

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC00902

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC08174

I stuff the large willow balls with hay and pellets in the middle for feeding time sometimes and it takes them ages to finish it off, willow balls last so much longer when they are filled with hay

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC08607

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC08613

Baskets of hay with pellets mixed in again at dinner time, once they have finished with the hay and pellets they chew the basket all up

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC07150

Cardboard boxes filled with hay or paper, mine spend ages just jumping in and out or dragging it around

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC09123

And mine all like the grassy logs from pampered piggies, they are gone in under a minute though so they only get them as a special treat

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC03048

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC03009

Beau has this blanket from hay experts that he likes to drag about and hide under

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC00192

Paper bags filled with treats and closed takes a while to rip open and get in

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC02272

And Trip likes to play with the rubix cube Shocked

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC04331

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:26 pm

I'll dig out some pics but a large willow ring from P@H is an absolute favourite, he'll eat one in 3 days if he puts his mind to it!!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Laura wrote:I'll dig out some pics but a large willow ring from P@H is an absolute favourite, he'll eat one in 3 days if he puts his mind to it!!

Think that is more or less the same as the one I posted hon? Rhia loves them too Very Happy
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 am

Evo has a "Chube" which he loves. It's in his cage, and he runs through it and chews it to bits.

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! 13763_l

He also loves willow sticks - another thing he chews, and also picks them up and throws them.

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! 14067_p

He has one of those dumbells which he will pick up and throw a few times.

His bestest toy is his "Ton o Fun Bun Run" from the Hay Experts. He spends nearly all day in when he's out - running through it, chewing it, nudging it, sleeping in it..........

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! TonOfFunBunRun

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC00051-1

Bunny Toys, pics an reviews please! DSC00052

We also like playing chase together. Very Happy
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:29 am

AWwwwwwwww
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum