Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMFG!!!

+3
KathyT
LilleJente
Becki
7 posters

Go down

OMFG!!! Empty OMFG!!!

Post by Becki Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:52 pm

Ive just had the biggest shock of my life. OMG. Put Rhi away and came in for a bath, walked past the window & there is THREE FOXES sat right outside my house in the road Shocked Shocked Shocked I feel sick, Im not majorly big on security against them or anything, I cant believe how ignorant I have been - I just always thought ahh theres no foxes around here. I let Rhia roam around the garden & everything Shocked Sad Jesus. Im so paranoid now. (shes locked in a hutch in the shed during the night anyway so she is safe at the moment..)
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

OMFG!!! Empty Re: OMFG!!!

Post by LilleJente Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:23 am

Aww that's horrid, I do wish there was a way our bunnies could just free range and always be safe!! I'm sorry I have no suggestions to help you out either! Nothing is totally fox proof!
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:31 am

LilleJente wrote:Aww that's horrid, I do wish there was a way our bunnies could just free range and always be safe!! I'm sorry I have no suggestions to help you out either! Nothing is totally fox proof!

I know Sad Well she'll only be free now when im stood watching her, but Im even thinking about the run I just bought - I bet its not even properly safe. Shes going to hate it staying in her hutch all the time when Im out Sad Sad
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 am

Yikes! They're devils aren't they - no sign of the things until you actually see them!

Three together sounds like they're a litter from this summer, as they're pretty solitary most of the time. In a few weeks they'll separate out to their own territories, but like as not they'll still be within striking distance. Get the lion poo out, and send hubby to pee round your fence once a week.
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:18 am

OMG hun this is terrible news........ S***. That is just what you don't want.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:34 am

Hi not sure if it works but the jelly crystals called Get Off for cats are quite good - and safe to the bunnies (i checked). Just put them over the garden and they might not like the smell so may keep out - the crystals disintegrate into the ground.

I put some on the garden to keep off the cats and Johns had sniff at one, turned his nose up and walked off.

It might not work for foxes but may be worth a go. I am at work but will get proper name of stuff later for you.
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:38 am

Urban foxes are rather blaise after dark, we know of two that regularly visit our garden....thankfully my rabbits are very unbothered by them and we cover the hutches over to make them less appealing once it's dusk.

My garden is very open plan so anyone or thing can just stroll in and out of it, I have the runs on concrete bases and padlock the hutches but I am not naive enough to think that if one of those foxes was very determined they couldn't get at the rabbits. There really is nothing short of a metal box that would keep the cleverist, boldest fox away.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:48 am

Thanks for advice. Im on my guard now at least, off to Wickes now to buy locks & bolts and alsorts - Hoping they will deter them. Thankfully (Although she detests it..) we have a Heather Hideaway hutch in the shed that I put her in at night time, just for piece of mind more than anything.
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:31 pm

How frightening hun Sad Hope you are ok, when I see threads like this I always feel so lucky that its not something I have to worry about Embarassed Hopefully padlocks will help x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down