Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new rabbit enclosure for the spring

2 posters

Go down

new rabbit enclosure for the spring Empty new rabbit enclosure for the spring

Post by artemissongbird Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:20 am

Me and my partner are planning on making a new rabbit enclosure for my bunny and a possible partner.

The whole enclosure is going to be 10"f long, 3"f wide, and 6"f high. There will be a 3"x3"f bedroom and food area which will lead down a ramp to the 10"x3"x6"f run built in.

The enclosure is going to be quite high so that a large door can be added on the side for me to walk into the run easily. The main food and bedroom area will also have doors like a normal hutch to clean it all each day.

Now with all of this planned we wanted to know what you would say is the best wood to use for such a construction? We have had a few ideas and have costed the total enclosure to be around £150.00 to make.

We currently have a nice run and hutch on the grass for when the weather is really warm under some trees. There is also his main hutch which is a two floor thing so he can run around (its pretty big for him as hes only a little dwarf rabbit). He is currently indoors in a large indoor home and gets to run around the house when we are in.

Another idea we had for the enclosure was to keep the same dimensions only to use the current hutch for the main food and bedroom area. Its a good size for a single rabbit but I do not know if it would do for him and a potential partner? Its a nice sturdy hutch which isnt even a year old yet.

Any thoughts and advice would be wonderful - we want my little baby to be as happy and free as possible!
artemissongbird
artemissongbird
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

new rabbit enclosure for the spring Empty Re: new rabbit enclosure for the spring

Post by Josephine Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Your proposed set up sounds wonderful. My four outdoor buns live in a shed which is 12x6. Each pair has a large run area. Both pairs have hutches inside the shed but only one pair actually use the hutch for sleeping in. They spend most of their time outside, even in this cold weather.
I can't wait to see pics of your setup when it is finished.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

new rabbit enclosure for the spring Empty Re: new rabbit enclosure for the spring

Post by artemissongbird Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:24 pm

hehe thanks. I was thinking about doing a shed one myself but then when I looked at the costs it made more sense to make something completely from scratch.
artemissongbird
artemissongbird
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down