Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really need help bonding my foursome!

2 posters

Go down

Really need help bonding my foursome! Empty Really need help bonding my foursome!

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:56 am

So far still no babies from Angel. Will keep you updated!!

I have 2 boys (neutered) and 2 girls - the two boys really hate each other. Stardust is the alpha and chases Celeste around the garden so much I really feel for Celeste. Also Celeste is a lot smaller and hasnt grown much at all since October. His sister, Moony is almost twice his size. The two girls arent TOO keen on each other but arent too bad either. While Celeste was in the house for a while Stardust and the 2 girls got on really well together but the problems started again when Celeste was introduced to the group. I have been trying for ages to sort them out but I dont seem to be getting anywhere.

I have been thinking of sending the 4 on a bonding holiday but I dont know where they are done etc. I am increasingly feeling that I need to find poor Celeste another home as he doesnt seem happy and I feel so bad that he gets chased around all the time by SD. I really dont want to part with any of my rabbits but I am thinking of what is best for them. I know sometimes no matter how hard you try two boys wont get along. What is your advice?

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Really need help bonding my foursome! Empty Re: Really need help bonding my foursome!

Post by Julie Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 am

I bonded my 2 pairs and it was easy but they all have nice/friendly temperments with other buns but I dont know what would happen in your case. I have only done it once so i am no expert.
Julie
Julie
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Really need help bonding my foursome! Empty Re: Really need help bonding my foursome!

Post by senatorvass Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:12 pm

I have been working on it for ages and did all the classic things, they were introduced on neutral ground etc but with no luck. Its mainly my two boys really dont like each other. But they seem to stir things up a bit between the two girls sometimes as well. Stardust & Moony are quite a happy pair but Angel & Celeste are both pretty difficult.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down