Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies surprise me every time

+3
racheld69
Catsknickers
buddabun
7 posters

Go down

Bunnies surprise me every time Empty Bunnies surprise me every time

Post by buddabun Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:17 pm

I have purposefully not fallen head over heels for the Brunei buns. I am trying not to get too attached as we have a finite time together and it will be hard enough to give them up after 3 years without being head over heels.

I think as a result, or possibly just due to their start in life, they are quite standoffish. They aren't like my Brit buns who not only tolerate but soemtimes enjoy cuddles. These guys will stand there for the odd nose rub once in a blue moon but more often than not they will leg it under their table and hide until I've done whatever I'm doing. They come out for feeding but if I try to stroke them they leg it and try again when it's safe.

I had to give them their monthly mani-pedis today. They hate it. I have to flip them onto their backs for me and they just hate it.

But today, I went into their pen, sat on their stool and did them one by one (except for Jasper who still hasn't forgiven me for stealing his nadgers Embarassed) and afterwards, each one was coming up and nuzzling my foot, eating my skirt (which they used to do when they were babies :luv:) and trying to jump on me, even if I was clipping someone else's tootsies.

I was so touched that they wanted to be around me that I stayed there a full half hour before they got bored and went outside.

So I guess I'm trying to say - even the most grumpy buns can sometimes surprise you with love and affection you never knew they held for you :luv: Even Hazel Laughing
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Bunnies surprise me every time Empty Re: Bunnies surprise me every time

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Do you think Chance might love me one day then? Lol! They sound adorable H x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:08 pm

you will have to sit in there on your stool more often!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 am

I will do. I often go in there but they never seem interested. Apparently when I scare the pants off them, tip them upside down and come at them with scissors, THEN they turn affectionate. Talk about Stockholm syndrome Laughing
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:20 pm

buddabun wrote:I will do. I often go in there but they never seem interested. Apparently when I scare the pants off them, tip them upside down and come at them with scissors, THEN they turn affectionate. Talk about Stockholm syndrome Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Gloria always looks at me out of the corner of her eye. She never takes her eyes off me as if I am going to do something dreadful to her, like take her to the vet. She is very very very slowly getting better, but it is a bit like watching mountains grow!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:48 pm

It's so comforting though! My two black bunnies act like I have beaten them or something they just dont let me touch them and thump at me! Sad I am doing everything I can to win them over. I had a breakthrough today when I knelt down in front of Celeste and reached my hand out for him to sniff it and he did! and then didnt run away!!! cheers

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:40 am

awww.

my lot usually scurry away, you get that awful scrabbling noise as if tey'd rather die than stay with you.

Jasper is still very anxious but I did manage to catch him the other day. We just had a cuddle and i let him go. I feel like whenever i pick him up it's either to get his nads lopped off, to turn him upside down and check them etc etc so I thought we'd jsut stay with a simple cuddle and let him remember that not the nasties Laughing
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca6 Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:56 pm

buddabun wrote:I will do. I often go in there but they never seem interested. Apparently when I scare the pants off them, tip them upside down and come at them with scissors, THEN they turn affectionate. Talk about Stockholm syndrome Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

There's nothing like finally getting a bunny to trust you is there. It's taken 18 months but finally Bella seems to like to be stroked and I can cuddle her when she's on the bed. Still not happy about being picked up, but compared to the demon she was, she's a little angel now (though she can still be one scary bunny Shocked Laughing).
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dilkara Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:51 am

That sounds lovely. Perhaps they are getting used to their little beauty treatments. :p
Dilkara
Dilkara
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-08-09

http://www.no-pies.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down