Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need really good bonding vibes & support please

3 posters

Go down

Need really good bonding vibes & support please Empty Need really good bonding vibes & support please

Post by senatorvass Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:45 pm

At the weekend our enclosure was finished (yay!) pics coming soon I thought I would wait for a clear day. Anyway it is a good size & has 2 hutches in it and some little hidey holes etc so my 4 can be together or not as the mood may be.

Today has been a really hard day anyway as Alex is very ill so I havent been out there as much as I normally am. But I decided the 4 would stay in the enclosure a few days to get used to it and to try to bond them together better as a foursome rather than these 2 couples that dont get on so well. Anyway Angel is becoming the dominant bun and Celeste sticks close to her. Stardust is too big & potentially scary so they dont mess with him, but honestly he seems a bit wussy right now. Poor Moon who is by far the sweetest natured of the rabbits and my little darling was alienated today. Angel doesnt like having another girl around (funny that though they have lived together since October!) When I went out earlier to check on them A & C were in the big hutch (doors are propped open) SD was out in the enclosure metaphorically sitting on the fence and Moony was in the little sleeping compartment of the other hutch. I just feel really sad for them. I so want them to get along. And if SD would just once put Angel in her place she would back down but he just wont. He is bonded with and loves Moonlight but doesnt seem to be defending her much against Angel alienating her. Sad

I am probably reading too much in to it and fretting over it too much but I am sad over it. I just want to know I am doing the right thing. I am worried.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Need really good bonding vibes & support please Empty Re: Need really good bonding vibes & support please

Post by Josephine Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:31 am

Sorry I am not much help. I tried to bond my 2 pairs into a foursome last year, but it just did'nt work. They did end up swapping partners though Hmmm but after a few days decided they wanted their old partners back Rolling Eyes contrary little blighters that they are. Each pair is really loved up now. I keep trying to tell them that they could have so much more fun if they were all friends but they just wont listen! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anyway sending lots of 'Bonding' (((((VIBES))))) Good Luck.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Need really good bonding vibes & support please Empty Re: Need really good bonding vibes & support please

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:33 am

Thank you. I mean - they arent fighting. They arent killing each other. But they arent happy either and it seems the lops are definitely the King & Queen but they are each bonded with a subject. But this morning the lops are in the enclosure & the 2 wildies are exiled to different parts of hutches.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:02 pm

My lop is definitely the boss. Maybe they are bossier all round!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:18 pm

everyone says they are the nicest/friendliest breed but my wildies are far more personable!!! I think it might be a class thing. My lops say "I'm a pure bred lop, YOU are common wild rabbit!" Laughing snobs!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 pm

I swear I heard Angel muttering "...common as muck... where is her bunny pride?" When Moony was giving me my morning lick this morning when I did breakfast!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down