Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out!

3 posters

Go down

Will speying Angel make her a less aggressive bunny?

Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Vote_lcap63%Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 5 ]
Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Vote_lcap0%Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Vote_lcap37%Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 8

Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Empty Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out!

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

As always my "Angel" is anything but!! I now have the money and I want to get her spayed & I really have decided I will no matter what however I wanted to do this poll to get your opinions about whether or not it will make her less of a nightmare to deal with. I hate saying this because she is my bunny but I really dont like her I badly want to love her to bits but she is just nasty. She is aggressive to me and the other rabbits and very hard to please. I dont know. I know its hormonal. I dont blame her really. I just want reassurance I guess that when she is spayed (hopefully next week!) I have a chance that she will become easier to deal with. Please vote and post with comfort!!!!!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Empty Re: Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out!

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:21 am

The vast majority of rabbits with aggression problems simply come down to territorial issue's which are related to their hormones, and in does also often the fact they frequently suffer with false pregnancies which makes them more defensive of their space. Most will show at least some small improvement in the first 12 weeks after neutering and in some the difference can be almost instantaneous.

It is however worth bearing in mind that some get a little worse before they get better.

In other rabbits aggression can also be linked to health problems such as limited eyesight or hearing, a sign of pain or frustration or also an inbred response from previous mis-treatment.

If neutering dosn't help I would always reccommend investigating these option further.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out! Empty Re: Lucifer was an Angel too and look how he turned out!

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks very much for your opinion Sooz it's very sound as usual! I know she was never mistreated because I have had her since she was 8 weeks old and before that she was at an RSPCA shelter where she and Stardust were born (they were litter mates) - as far as I know she is sound and healthy & she has been seen by a vet several times for vacs & check ups & they have never picked anything up. She has though had a phantom pregnancy recently as you know.

I booked her in for this Thursday! What a relief! I really hope it helps all of us. I hope I didnt sound mean in my post I do love her obviously and I look after her very very well but she is hard to like. She gives absolutely nothing back and is not nice to the other rabbits. No matter what I do for her to make her happy or make her life better or anything she just thumps and looks furious. It's mind boggling because I have always had an exceptionally good relationship with my animals, and my other rabbits arent like that at all. I will however persevere I am determined to make it work with her!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Had to reschedule the spay for this Friday but I am still so so pleased that it is still happening and bit by bit we seem to be overcoming our problems.

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:42 pm

Holly wasn't too aggressive, but she was quite territorial and grunted and thumped a lot if you went into her 'area'. She would lunge occasionally too. After her spaying she was such a docile although timid bunny.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:19 pm

well so far the votes show what I am hoping for. Smile

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:23 pm

I understand what it's like to have 'difficult' bunnies, my most stand-offish one currently is Scout....she isn't nasty but she dosn't really want anything from me unless it's food, and she let's me know that she isn't really concerned if I'm even still breathing the same air as her as long as she gets fed. Laughing

It took me a long time to bond with Mack too, and even though he is often still referred too as the 'little git' it's always said in jest....him needing such care since October has really helped cement our bond and I get demands for nose rubs and little kisses in return now. Perseverance really can pay off well. Smile

Last edited by Sooz on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:40 pm

I very much know what you mean about difficulties bringing you closer to your pets. Funnily enough its also the same with children. I obviously always love Alex unconditionally but the last several months as he has been ill and also struggling emotionally I find our bond is even deeper and closer.

Well... I shall have a chance to nurse Angel soon as its Friday she gets taken to be spayed & will then be indoors with us for a bit. Smile

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down