Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now !

+7
FudgesMummy
Zoe
NickieM
Snowy
Kate7590
Catsknickers
Jay
11 posters

Go down

Is this Bunny.....

Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Vote_lcap0%Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Vote_lcap100%Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 13 ]
Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Vote_lcap0%Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Empty Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now !

Post by Jay Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:56 am

Thought this may be useful to new bunny owners. This rabbit is having a massage.
Please vote on how you think the bunny is responding to the massage Wave
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Empty Re: Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now !

Post by Catsknickers Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:41 am

How strange, it is really hard to say. At first my gut instinct was that she was terrified, however she doesn't make any attempt to spin over and run away. It does look like she is breathing quite rapidly though scratch
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now ! Empty Re: Is this bun relaxed, scared or indifferent? Vote Now !

Post by Kate7590 Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:28 pm

I think shes/he is scared.
Iv heard tht rabbits freeze when they are really frightened, and this one is VERY still.
Theres no way that my buns would let me do that lol!!
Kate7590
Kate7590
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 677
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Sorry, but I call that cruel, it is not a normal position for a bunny to be in and it's literally petrified
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:26 pm

I agree with you Theo, I think the bun is scared, & isn't moving, but I wasn't 100 % sure, so wondered what more experinced peops would say.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:52 pm

If you look at the other clip 'Lilith fait le menage', you will see the moron dusting the back of his sofa with the rabbit while it is on its back!

The was a very long massage and I didn't think that rabbits liked having their tummies touched. I definitely think that rabbit was too stressed to move.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:09 pm

How weird. Bert would not let me do that at all. He would scratch my face off.
Zoe
Zoe
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 pm

SORRY DONT LIKE THAT ONE BIT!!!!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 am

FudgesMummy wrote:SORRY DONT LIKE THAT ONE BIT!!!!

My feelings exactly, it made me feel very uncomfortable, there was no way I could watch the whole clip. Sad
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:39 am

I'm with the 'scared' vote too. I didn't manage to watch the whole clip (stupid internet) but I saw the first 10 seconds or so which was enough.

I have to turn mine over like that and clamp them between my thighs to do their nails and they hate it. Even though they stay as still as that (poor) bunny, they breathe very quickly and are quite clearly terrified.

I think the fact that the bun doesn't get up and run away is more indicative of the fear response than it being particularly relaxed...

Mine hate having their tummies touched and the way that person is handling bun just makes me want to go and tell them "It's not chilled it's quite literally petrified!!!"
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 am

Sorry if it upset you, I didn't mean for that, I wanted to know what people really thought as it would be easy for a new bunny owner to think that this bun was having a lovely massage & enjoying it when the bun is, in fact, scared and probably terrified.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:02 am

I think the rabbit is frightened Sad Is the bunny in a trance? Just wondered because of being on their back and I have never seen a bun in a trance before

All my rabbits shut their eyes and lay stretched out and quite still while they are getting a massage, and are usually happy for me to carry on until my arms get tired Rolling Eyes Laughing But they are always on their front, or if they flip onto their side they will let me touch their tummy but I am not comfortable to carry on giving them a massage like that and move them back onto their front or they get up and lay back down again when I stop

I don't think its safe for a rabbit to be held on their back like that, its just asking for an injury Hmmm

I will have to get some videos of my lot getting their massages and you can see what a relaxed bunny looks like getting one Thumbs Up I might have to wait until a lighter day though, its dark and cloudy here now and I don't have a proper video camera my picture camera doesn't take great videos unless its light Sad

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:31 am

I would be more interested in the rabbits response to the 'massage' if it was not restrained (which is what a trance position is) on it's back. The rabbits does actually make a few movements in which it seems to be weighing up it's chances of righting itself to make an escape but I notice the owner also picks up on these opportunities and repositions the bunny firmly on it's back. I notice these because with the position of Mack's abcess 'trancing' is the only position we can use to clean it, and I can tell when he is getting ready to make a break for it/comes out of the trance.

More so, when the rabbit could perhaps be considered to look relaxed and makes no attempt to escape I would actually interpret this as the rabbit adopting the play dead approach....which is why the owner encounters little resistance when manouvers the rabbits feet and hind quarters.

I would like to warn anyone viewing this video that some of the techniques carried out on the muscular structure, hind legs and in particular the rabbits positioning in relation to it's spine are all potentially dangerous and I would strongly advise that no Hoppers attempt to try this at home.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:08 pm

Good post Sooz Thumbs Up
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:41 pm

Thanks Sooz...I would never do anything like that to Fudge-he gets massage but oly on his terms when snuggled on the duvet!

Earlier in the month I posted about my concerns for a bunny used by a magician...he is quite heavy handed with her and 'trances' her by tipping her onto her back Sad mmmmmmm give it a couple of weeks and think the rspca may be involved!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down