Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rorys poorly feet.

5 posters

Go down

Rorys poorly feet. Empty Rorys poorly feet.

Post by Tracyuk Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:09 pm

They are getting worse Sad They dont seem to be bothering him too much but its really distressing me. I have tried everything I can and even have him and Lola seperated at the moment as she is weeing everywhere and I dont think that is helping. I was going to buy some Flamzine but decided I will be responsible and get him to the vets as soon as I can. My poor little man. You should see him when I put him in the bowl of water to bathe his feet, He just sits there and lets me get on with it, God love him. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1335
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Rorys poorly feet. Empty Re: Rorys poorly feet.

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:16 pm

I think the vets is certainly for the best if he is having serious problems with them. Flamaine is prescription only anyway, so you would have to see the vet to get it.

Jane once suggested this method of hock bandaging to me for one of my old bunnies, it's a pressure relieving dressing and you may find it useful:

Can you make a sort of anti- pressure dressing?
I use 4 oval cosmetic cotton wool pads. I cut a hole in the middle of them and secure them over the sore hock with micropore tape. The hole in the pads should go over the broken skin, ie you can see the broken skin, so as it acts rather like a corn plaster. Then I apply a cohesive banadage over the cosmetic pads to hold them in place.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:24 pm

Thanks for that tip Sooz, I will try that. I have bought some Flamzine on ebay would you believe but will only use it under the advice of my vet.
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by rallybunny Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:11 am

Would manuka honey help in any way? I know it's been very successful in treating bunny abscesses, and I also know of people who have had great results using it in leg ulcers on humans. Just wondering if it might work for this??

Poor Rory, I hope he feels better soon.
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Vibes for poor Rory, I hope he improves soon x
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:21 pm

sending vibes. not sure how advanced Rory's feet are but aloe vera gel and sudocrem helped barney's hocks loads. re: bandaging feet my tip is don't do it too tight - i did barney's too tight (he kept pulling them off) and his toes swelled up with fluid overnight - poor thing - i felt so awful - they didn't seem that tight so you need to be careful. i still feel mortified and guilty over a year later!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracyuk Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks for all the help guys. I hope I dont sound like a terrible bunny mummy but I have decided not to rush him to the vets just yet as his feet look loads better today so I am going to stick with what I am doing for another week. He isnt in any pain, please know that as soon as he shows signs of this I will get him to the vets straight away.
I have seperated his living area away from Lola but I allow them play time most of the night. I bathe his feet every night then massage sudocrem into them, I give him clean cotton sheets every day and have changed his litter to very fine sawdust and its taken a while but seems to be working. I may try Sooz idea for the cotton wool pads though.
Tracyuk
Tracyuk
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down